Problem with Shinkenger HD 1-12 batch

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
gnomekingofpain
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: gachapon
Quote: Needs must when the devil drives.

Re: Problem with Shinkenger HD 1-12 batch

Post by gnomekingofpain »

Quicktime, even with Perian is going to refuse to play video files on a regular basis. Apple wants it to be exclusive as opposed to inclusive. Pretty much anything can be played by either VLC or MPlayerX. I recommend MPlayerX over MPlayer Extended because extended has started having issues with some newer file encode types whereas MPlayerX is being updated regularly and seems more stable. There is a lot of hate for VLC around the internet but mostly from PC users and mostly from people who have not used VLC within its last dozen updates, or longer (usually longer). It makes about as much sense as a Mac user mocking Windows when the last version he used was Windows 3.5.
D_B
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Please delete this account.
2nd Favorite Series: Please delete this account.
Dreamy: Please delete this account.
Favorite Actor?: Please delete this account.
Favorite Band: Please delete this account.
My boom: Please delete this account.
Quote: Please delete this account.

Post by D_B »

Soovey wrote:Quicktime sucks. Use VLC. ;)
Pretty much how I answer every playback problem for anything on Mac and PC.
maryadavies wrote:It kinda looks like the CCCP for mac offhand but I could be wrong. ^^
If that is the case, then I feel the same way about both: don't bother downloading and wasting time, just get VLC and be happy when things always work right without any hassle at all.

For the record, I dragged out my antique Mac and tested a few early episodes of both Shinkenger and Decade. Using my default of "VLC or nothing" (and did not update anything, this was a 2-ish year old install), I had 0 issues with the episodes I checked (including Shinkenger 1 and 4). I then tried Quicktime and had problems with several episodes. Connected to the internet, updated everything, and... Quicktime still sucked the hairy manly-parts.

I am of a mind that if you are watching... well, pretty much ANY kind of video at all... and you experience any playback issues with anything at all... Check to see if you can get VLC for the platform. If there is a VLC for the platform... use it. I predict most every problem will just disappear.
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

Perian worked for me most of the time but I have yet to have a problem with VLC. My suggestion would definitely be download and use VLC.
maryadavies
Go Go!
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by maryadavies »

Actually most subbers when they say "Windows!" say USE CCCP. About 4/5 groups that I d/l subs from say that.

Most of them call VLC shit because it actually can choke on some files and ruin the subtitle styles. I've rarely had the CCCP fail on me unless it's 10 bit (which my erm, oldcrappypc doesn't really have the muscle to play) or a really crappy encode. "Really crappy encodes" are fairly rare; I've only had that happen 5/200 times.

...So VLC is not my default player but I have it around for when nothing else works. I don't have it associated with anything but if nothing else will work, I'll open it in that.

But yeah, seems like you got three options for playback; tho personally VLC would still be the player I'd least prefer to mess with.
My Backloggery
Never forget where you've been...
chromatix
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by chromatix »

I'm a mac user. Usually I played all my videos using quicktime with perian codec pack or using VLC player.
mhagelin
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by mhagelin »

I use both MAC and PC.

It sounds like a codex problem. I don't know what audio/video codices are available for both.

I use Miro on both my PC and my MAC.

Miro has versions for both.

Do you have both QuickTime and iTunes installed?

iTunes should play the mp4's.
Sentai.fan
Quote: Henshin

Post by Sentai.fan »

For the people that watch the eps with IPhone, I had the same problem half way thru it would freeze up, I downloaded the VLC ISO app from the app store and that solved the problem. :D

Return to “Tech Support”