New Tracker in the works

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
Quatrerwin
[insert witty title here]
Favorite series: Zeta Gundam
2nd Favorite Series: Gundam 0079
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "You're dead, this is the afterlife -- and I'm God" - Q

New Tracker in the works

Post by Quatrerwin »

We're working on a new tracker and would like to hear what people would like for features or even ideas for the look of the new tracker. If anyone would like to make a concept page in HTML/CSS and post it here, it would be appreciated.
Saka Yuura
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Kanbe Miyuki...RIP
Favorite Actor?: None...really
Favorite Band: None
My boom: Decade

Re: New Tracker in the works

Post by Saka Yuura »

The funny thing is I think the tracker right now is cool. It shows you all episodes and shows available and shows if anyone is seeding/leeching. I recently changed from a Wired to Wireless connection and I am now able to do torrents again.

Though...now that I think about it...what would you think of if I suggested a part of the site for music? People can submit torrents for any music pertaining to shows you are subbing (Sentai/Kamen Rider/etc.).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Actually we have a very specific rule against distributing music. While we can justify having fansubs by saying "the video is Japanese, it needs English subs for people to understand" we can't really say the same thing about music. It's not that hard to buy CDs from Japan online either. (And it's insanely trivial to download music from the Internets anyway)

Besides, I want #tv-nihon to be known for its talent. While we can put a little bit of ourselves in our subs, there's no talent in just ripping stuff for CDs or redistributing stuff other people have ripped.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-aewk-49-en.html
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
http://www.amazon.co.jp
Saka Yuura
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Kanbe Miyuki...RIP
Favorite Actor?: None...really
Favorite Band: None
My boom: Decade

Post by Saka Yuura »

Hey...no problem. It was just an idea. I didn't know you had rules for music. I'll keep that in mind.
AsiaPrime
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by AsiaPrime »

I like the browse categories. anime, css, drama... etc... my gripe is that after the initial torrent page, it's gone. it all changes to text boxes. which is fine, but when you try to select the check box it doesn't automatically select the rest of the boxes for that genre. that is if you can FIND the genre color would be nice to make it more distinct. It's a minor issue. I mean just hit the back button and you can have the category selection again.

to streamline it maybe add the categories to the database. and maybe have javascript handle the on the fly category selection. I would help out but I'm more of an asp kind of guy... but php is similar in a lot of ways.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it is kind of weird that the super categories just disappear once you go down a level
AsiaPrime
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by AsiaPrime »

I like the changes to the tracker pages BUT still no resolution to the super categories links and filters (checkboxes). the link is easy enough to fix, change the links to the same on the initial tracker page. for example on the browse pages... instead of having the Anime link go to
http://www.tvnihon.com/tracker/browse.php?cat=14

have it go to
http://www.tvnihon.com/tracker/browse.php?c23=1&c22=1&c24=1&c25=1&c26=1&c27=1&c28=1&c29=1

the checkboxes on the super categories need some javascript to get them working as intended.
<input name=c14 type="checkbox" onChange="javascriptfunc()" value=1>
and javascriptfunc() should change the state from check to uncheck or vice versa for that grouping

that would make the filtering much more effective and work as it is intended. it shouldn't effect the rest of your php browse (from what I seen of it). I have no clue how UR database is structured, or how it's being called. but this would be a fix from the html that I've seen. I'd be happy to help U guys. just ask
Quatrerwin

Post by Quatrerwin »

I actually set it up like the way it is on purpose because I figured it would be easier to uncheck just that box instead of all the subcategory boxes on subsequent searches
AsiaPrime
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by AsiaPrime »

U kno what happens when U assume... it always seemed like it didn't work... because for me, it's counter intuative. I pretty much look like an jackass right now huh? :lol:
Quatrerwin

Post by Quatrerwin »

I'm just trying to figure out what you mean since ?cat=14 shows all the torrents from the anime subcategories already. I have it setup so that if you check the super category anime and any subcategory from anime, that the subcategories will be unchecked. I could make it so checking a supercategory will uncheck itself and check all of the other boxes. It really isnt that hard to change it to that method if that is what you mean.

Anyway, the current tracker interface will be replaced since the UPL started back up so I have a place to work on the new tracker again.
AsiaPrime
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by AsiaPrime »

like I said. since it was so counter-intuitive to me. I always assumed that it didn't work. but when I looked at the torrents displayed it was categorized. so UR good. as much as I hate to admit it... I'm wrong. :oops: so U can pretty much ignore me :lol:
Quatrerwin

Post by Quatrerwin »

It's ok. With our current tracker I pretty much had to revamp the whole thing. I didn't check to see if the browse page worked like it should until a month or so ago and then I fixed it. Whenever something doesn't work, just report it and I'll work to fix it asap.

Return to “Tech Support”