Project to revitalize file accessibility

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Project to revitalize file accessibility

Post by takenoko »

So this is something I've been neglecting for a while. There's a bunch of things we can be implementing to improve the availability of our files. It'd be a big help if the community could seed some torrents and upload some files for us.

Just make sure the file names are the original ones. I think most of the file names are listed at the bottom of the series pages on the wiki. Using rapidcrc to make sure the file integrity is good is always helpful as well.

Torrents

Link to torrents that need seeding - Please help seed files that have a bunch of leechers on them but no seeds.

Direct download files
Download Forum

There are a lot of series that have no files for their episodes. It'd be really good if we could get some links up for those series. I see a few sites that others have used:
http://uptobox.com/
http://sendspace.com/
http://uploaded.net
http://mega.co.nz/

Batch torrents

I've been kind of neglecting this lately. If you see a group of torrents that can easily be batched, feel free to point it out. I know that for Wizard, we're kind of waiting for some bonus stuff to be finished. But otherwise most stuff that's completed should get batched at some point.

Any other ideas?

There's a lot of smart people out there. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve your experience, feel free to let me know!
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Project to revitalize file accessibility

Post by xiiliea »

I've been seeding Nexus 1-22, Goseiger HD 13-50 for a few weeks now. Always at 1.0 availability only.
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

Well, I remember my post long ago, so I guess I should update them :lol:
Dark Ren wrote:Well then let`s do it. I was bored and could`t go out because of hard rain anyway. I will mention all of it, including very small thing. feel free to take it as you see fit

2 files or more
Spoiler
Faiz
Well, the last batch need to be replaced. But I guess we must wait the re-do of the DC Movie?

Agito
I guess the second batch is ready (with Movie and Special).

Den-O
Pretty much all of the movies, the talk show, MV and eps 1 DVD

Fourze
pretty much 1080p stuffs. And should we keep that big SD batch try 2?

W
I think the 720p movies can be put together

Wizard

Garo
I think Kiba can be put together. And some movie batch?

Dogu-Chan
If you put this on hold, would it better to batch them?

Wangan Midnight

Ryukendo
MVs and Specials can be batched together with third batch?

Gekiranger
HD stuffs can be batched together?

Go-Busters
I think 1080p movies can be put together. Oh and SD stuffs too. Since you left 47-50 out as individual torrent

Gokaiger
I think 1080p movies can be put together

Kyouryuuger
Pretty much everything :lol:

Magiranger
pretty much all the MVs were left out

Animated
I think everything can be put in 1 batch file

Car Robot
If you put this on hold, would it better to batch them?

just 1 file
Spoiler
Machine Robo Rescue
the promo was left out.

JustiRiser
the MV was left out.

Blade & Hibiki & Kabuto & Den-O & Gekiranger
Can the Eps 1 DVD put in the batch and replace the TV version? Oh, and Kabuto MV was left out.

Tomica Hero Rescue Fire
The OP live is left out

Akibaranger
The CM was left out

Boukenger
The MV was left out

Go-Onger
The music special was left out

Goseiger
the promo was left out.

Galaxy Force
the secret DVD was left out

UltraSeven X
the promo was left out.

I guess that`s all.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Faiz is waiting on Para Lost DC, which is being kicked slowly
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Okay, released an Agito batch. I think I might just shove all the movie versions into one batch and let people pick the part they want.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Put 1-12 HD of HeartCatch Precure on mega and updated the ddl for the thread. If I made a list of series that need new links, would people be willing to help upload those series so we have links for the DDL section?
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. there doesn't seem to be any seeds on the den-o batch that was just released.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think a file was missing when I set the seeder on it. Unfortunately, it'll stay that way till someone provides the missing file.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

I usually let everything upload but I have a really tiny bandwidth compared to common connections so... yeah.

About file integrity, any decent torrent client (like uTorrent) will fix evertything by itself whenever a torrent becomes active (in both UL and DL).
You can also force a recheck if something went wrong (like a crash, a disconnected drive, etc).

The only suggestions I have are aimed at the community (and mostly at less experienced torrent users):

-If something has just a few seeders, flag it as "Initial Seeding".
This way your client will prioritize uncommon parts for upload. Peers will be able to download from you only when you are the only one providing those parts, meaning that you are the only seeder for those during that time frame.
This will make uncommon parts to spread a lot faster because you (as the nice person who keeps all the uploads alive) won't be swamped by a crowd of leechers.

-Never manually delete any file within a torrent directory
A common mistake with a batch (or even just a group of 2 files) is to manually delete unwanted stuff (i.e. : CMs, Junctions, etc)
If you do that, your data will become useless for torrenting unless you let the torrent fix itself.
Torrents are not organized by files but by parts, and the same part could be (and most probably is) shared between two files so deleting one file will flag a part as either corrupted or missing, making the other file incomplete for the torrent.
Instead, set the torrent to download only the files you want so it will download all the parts it needs to work properly. You'll end up with just a few bytes of unwanted data this way.
xiiliea
Humongous

Post by xiiliea »

Darkwings wrote:I usually let everything upload but I have a really tiny bandwidth compared to common connections so... yeah.
For me, it's because of lag. I play games most of the time and I need the performance. Maybe my processor or RAM isn't strong enough or something. If I run more than (estimation) 10 torrents + a game, my FPS will drop severely. Or is there a 'light torrent software' that doesn't cause this? I use uTorrent at the moment.

Other than that, I have a 150mbps upload speed so it should be no problem for my bandwidth. Then I can seed more torrents.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

xiiliea wrote: For me, it's because of lag. I play games most of the time and I need the performance. Maybe my processor or RAM isn't strong enough or something. If I run more than (estimation) 10 torrents + a game, my FPS will drop severely. Or is there a 'light torrent software' that doesn't cause this? I use uTorrent at the moment.
As far as I know uTorrent is the lightest client.

FPS drops (in local games) can't really be related to that since both the RAM and CPU impact is really low.
Anything capable of running Windows 7 properly won't even flinch when uTorrent is running. I usually leave it active at all times unless I'm watching streams or playing online and I never had a problem even with my now retired 7yo PC.

If we're talking about online games instead, the resulting lag is completely another story. No matter how much bandwidth you could have, if you max out your router connections it will cause lag anyway because it's forced to continuosly switch back and forth between connections.
To avoid that you need to limit the number of connections per torrent, total connections and the number of active torrents, not just the bandwidth.

In most cases if you need low latency it's better to just close the client.
xiiliea
Humongous

Post by xiiliea »

Well I had a major FPS drop a few days ago and I had to close uTorrent and everything was much better immediately (I was multi-boxing my game, had 2 clients open, that's why it was already slightly laggy, and uTorrent affected it a lot more)
nbajammer
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Wizard
Dreamy: Miu Sutou
Favorite Band: AKB48
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu

Post by nbajammer »

I'll see what I can do to help out on some of the HD stuff. I know I have Denace2, a Tomica Hero HyperLiner thing, and Shitsuranger that need seeds, plus some of the CMs. That's what I need but I do have some of the HD stuff, so I'll go down the no-seeders list and see what I can do to help out.
nbajammer
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Wizard
Dreamy: Miu Sutou
Favorite Band: AKB48
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu

Post by nbajammer »

Sorry to post immediately after my own, but I just noticed a lot of my incomplete downloads are not completing - while I cant say there have been any seeders, I do notice one difference. Older torrents do not allow DHT while newer ones do. I don't know how much of a difference this may make - krdl.info does not have the things I am missing. I was able to seed a little bit of the things I have open for sharing for those needing completion but I did not check to see if DHT was allowed on those torrents or not. Just a heads-up if anyone has noticed any issues with revitalizing file availability.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, that is interesting. I know a lot of stuff was turned off after 2009 because of a torrent scare, but I think DHT should be okay. Man, that sounds like a lot of work if we wanted to replace those though...

Return to “Tech Support”