Survey: All-time best episodes for TN subs?

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Survey: All-time best episodes for TN subs?

Post by Phoenix512 »

Ultraman Nexus
Episode 35

Spoiler
"Fight to live."

Those words helped shape possibly one of the greatest monster battles ever. This battle pitted Junis Blue against Megaflash and Garuberos. Up to til now, Ren was fighting to die as he didn't care that he got hit by the enemy attacks. This battle was a radical departure from that fighting style. He actually use his shield to block Megaflash's initial attack and counterattack with one of his own. When he thought he had Megaflash, Garuberos shows up from behind and stops him from destroying Megaflash. Even though he managed to temporary escaped from the pincer, both beasts had him nearly defeated until the Night Raiders appeared. At that point the battle was turned as Junis used some beautiful moves on Garuberos while the Night Raiders defeated Megaflash. For the climax of the battle, Junis and the Night Raiders used a nice coordinated attack on Garuberos to defeat him.

It was a beautiful battle to watch. It didn't relied on special power ups but pure tactics. Nagi's words helped Ren to deliver such a great battle. It would be interesting to see what would have happened if the series didn't get canceled but continue on. This episode setup the plotline that Dark Zagi was a member of the Night Raiders.
Triple M
Destron Emperor
Favorite series: Destron
2nd Favorite Series: Destron
Dreamy: Destron
Favorite Actor?: Destron
Favorite Band: Destron
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Destron
Quote: *HAIL DESTRON*
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Triple M »

I kind of feel like I'm missing something here. Are we recognizing the best series/episodes that TVN has released, or are we celebrating the very best work TVN members have put into subbing and releasing the series themselves? Apologies if I sound like a dolt but I'm a little unclear. If it's about the shows themselves then we viewers can say "NO NOT KABUTO, BOUKENGER" or "VICTORY SUX!!! GALAXY FORCE FTW" till we're blue in the face. If it's about the releases themselves and what went into making them we can say "I feel the titling in Geki really suited the original material" or "This TF karaoke enriches the show as a whole because it fits in nicely and adds something atmospheric to the proceedings." Any feedback? Is this post worth it or am I rambling unnecessarily? Anyway we all know the best evar is TF: Victory Episode 18 "The Destron Fortress Resurrected" because, well, they resurrect the Destron fortress
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'm not sure if I understand the differences between the two examples in your question. If your question is if the picks are subjective versus objective, then that's not possible, since in this kind of stuff all opinions will be subjective.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

E-mail submissions

Post by takenoko »

Deleted. If people want to submit their answers, please do it through the forums only
Triple M
Destron Emperor

Post by Triple M »

Take-sama, I think you do get it as you nominated an episode for the typesetting as opposed to the show's actual content. That's what I was trying to get at. I suppose I could have asked it in a different way "Are we nominating the best Boukenger (or whatever show) episode ever or are we nominating the best typesetting/translation/encoding for a release?" Anyway no worries, it looks like we're looking equally at the quality of the series themselves AND the quality of the nuts and bolts that goes into fansubbing it. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing the winning selections!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Those weren't my nominations
Triple M
Destron Emperor

Post by Triple M »

Sorry. I'm just going to shut the hell up and get out of this one
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Densha Otoko (drama) episode 1
Spoiler
It is very rare for a series to rely so heavily upon the intial events that happen in the first episode. Too often, the first episode is just for the sake of exposition rather than any real plot development. Densha Otoko breaks this convention by diving head first into the story of an otaku who experiences one of the worst days of his life.

When I first watched this episode, I didn't know what to expect. I was surprised to find myself shedding tears of joy at the end of the first episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I thought a lot of people felt the first episode was kind of slow up until the last bit. My perception of how other people interpret things is very hit-and-miss though.

Secondary problem, the music is different on the DVD, and not for the better

Edit: But I would consider this, since I don't think our dramas get enough attention
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I didn't mind that it was slow since it was carefully building up the dramatic tension at the end of the episode.
Ike
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Live your life like you only have one day to live,
but plan your life like you have 1000 years to live.

Post by Ike »

I join Take-san in the choice of KAbuto 22
Because it has touch the deepest part of my soul.

Or

Keitai Sousakan 7 17
**The story was very strong this time. No walking Keitai no Net-Battle hum no Hacking. It was so beautiful when they talk to The old man.
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

Kamen Rider Den-O
Ep. 28

Spoiler
Having defeated Ga-Oh in stylish fashion, the DenLiner gang are having a celebration. Owner happens to make a comment about the use of about Ryoutarou from different times and we notice that Ryuuta's feet are disappearing. Meanwhile, thousands of miles away, an Imagin leftover from Ga-Oh's forces is wreaking havoc in the past. Den-O henshins to "Axe-form" to beat it, but mysteriously, the connection between Ryoutarou and Kintaros was severed. Urataros steps in briefly, but he too is a victim of "connection failure". Momotaros jumps in to action with no problems whatsoever, despite the Imagin getting away. Upon return to DenLiner, the reason as to the "connection failure" is revealed. Most of the Taros are disappearing due to their connection to Ryoutarou's memory being severed.

The dissappearing Imagin have pretty much accepted their fate, but Ryoutarou refuses to acknowledge that because he treasures the time spent with them. Despite this, Ryuuta, Kin, and Ura still disappear, but not before saying goodbye. Meanwhile, thousands of miles away, the Imagin is tearing up the past. Ryou henshins to "Sword form" to face it, but is overwhelmed. Momotaros then becomes enraged about the disappearances of the others and goes berserk ion the Imagin until the "Keitaros" rings. Ura then warns Momo about being so violent and tells him to use the phone. This allows Den-O to reach "Climax Form" and procede to kill the rogue Imagin. Back on DenLiner, there's a celebration for their return. Momo pretends to be annoyed and leave so that he can sob. He notices Hana crying and runs to tell everyone until Hana knocks him out of DenLiner.

I knew what was going to happen in this episode from the start. I knew that all or most of the Taros would disappear, I knew people would cry, I knew they would come back at the end, but I still was...moved. I almost cried when they turned to dust. I almost cried again when they came back in "Climax Form". It made me feel that the bond between Ryou and the Taros were so strong, that it could defy any sort of barriers, even ones of logic. I really loved this episode.

P.S.: I would have picked an episode from Densha Otoko, but the series was sooo great that I couldn't pick just one. illi _|-|O illi
victorstillwater
IXA
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by victorstillwater »

Originally sent as an email, but I finally figured out how to use the spoiler tags. Timely, seeing as Take-sama deleted the email entries. :)

Kamen Rider Kabuto
Episode 22

Spoiler
This episode is powerful enough on its own mostly because of two things: The birth of a new Kamen Rider, Gatack, and the insight into how nefarious an enemy the Kamen Riders of this universe are facing.

This episode chronicles the death and subsequent rebirth of Arata Kagami, the man who would become Kamen Rider Gatack. His good nature becomes his downfall in this episode as he is tricked and subsequently killed by a Worm posing as a young boy, who is actually protecting a nest of Worm eggs.

Also notable in this episode is the nature of the worm, as revealed in the episode. They were willing to go to great lengths to foster trust in Kagami only to (literally and figuratively) stab him in the back later on.
Victor Stillwater:
Former Professional Blogger and Tech Support Rep. Giant Robot Pilot. Kamen Rider-in-training.

Visit my NEW blog of games and geekery at http://iamstillwater.wordpress.com
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Boukenger 46
DekaRanger 13
Densha Otoko 1
KR Blade 14, 35
KR Den-O 28 (2 votes), 44
KR Kabuto 22 (2 votes)
KR Faiz 33
Garo Smile, 8
PGSM 24
TFGF 48
Ultraman Nexus 35

So we have 14 entries. I think GF is a must since it's the only anime vote. Densha since it's the only JDrama vote. Faiz and PGSM I don't have the DVDs for. Nexus and Smile were done from the DVD. That leaves

Boukenger 46
DekaRanger 13
Densha Otoko 1
KR Blade 14, 35
KR Den-O 28 (2 votes), 44
KR Kabuto 22 (2 votes)
Garo 8
TFGF 48

Do we have any other votes?
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

My vote goes for the Hibiki Eps 44 + 45 (the death of Zanki eps) these eps were great and emotional some of the best ones from the series that most people seem to hate, love it or hate it you should watch these two
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!

Return to “Tech Support”