Thank You TVNihon, for all that you do!

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
Mega_Faiz
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: 555
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Yuji Kiba
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Left Thumb
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Thank You TVNihon, for all that you do!

Post by Mega_Faiz »

I'm going to ramble a little bit. But I feel this is important. Maybe no one posts these, or maybe thousands of them get posted.

• I've been watching your subs of Super Sentai and Kamen Rider for years. And I've enjoyed every show I've been allowed to download and watch because of your hard word and dedication.
    But I felt it was high time and long overdue to register on these forums and and say
    Thank You to all of the staff at TVNihon, past, present and future for all of your hard work and clear dedication to these franchises that have touched and changed so many lives in so many ways.

If I hadn't found you through a random click on one of my lowest day, I can say for certain my life wouldn't be what it is today. It took one show to ignite a spark in me that urged me to continue on. I know it sounds cliche, but episode by episode my own personal darkness faded to a pale shadow. Today, because of what you helped bring into my life, I am a better person. Happier. Proud of who I am. Who I can be, and I am no spring chicken. I can only imagine how many other people you helped out of a tough time by bringing these shows into their lives.

While I don't expect TVnihon to last forever, I can always hope. Because what you do is important to a great many people. And I hope I speak for all of them when I say I am grateful for what you do. And quite honestly no amount of saying thank you seems to be enough to express what what you've given me and many others. For the years of laughter, tears and love you've let me experience through the lives of Kamen Rider, Super Sentai and others. you will always be my heroes, today, tomorrow...always.

Thank you. Thank you for your time. Thank you for your dedication. Thank you for your hard work. Thank you for giving me heroes. Thank you for what you do for the fans.

Thank you, from the very core of my heart!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Thank You TVNihon, for all that you do!

Post by takenoko »

That's very nice. I hope our staff see that and realize how many lives they touch through their work. The connections between people are mysterious and unknowable, after all.

Happiness is a bit underrated in our culture. There's so much pressure to constantly stay productive and to be working that I think there's a bit of a taboo against taking time for personal entertainment or enjoying kid's shows. Finding new stimuli, that can excite and inspire you, that can give you connections to other people who like the same things, these are all important too.

>While I don't expect TVnihon to last forever, I can always hope.

Well, I'll do what I can as long as I'm alive. I can't promise I can always do what I can, but we've got young people like luna, xiiliea, yaiba, zeta who can help take over for translations. They're doing brilliant work on their own, like with the Ultraman stuff or older shows. And we've got davinci and other people helping out too. There are more people moving behind the scenes now, which is a big help.

And we appreciate fans like you who take the time to just say these things. It's always a nice treat when we get the compliments. Thank yous all around.

Edit: And we can also use new staff. So if you think you have an aptitude to succeed in the world of fansubbing, send me a message.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Mega_Faiz wrote:If I hadn't found you through a random click on one of my lowest day
Same for me :P I only discovered TV-Nihon when I was looking for more subtitled shows to watch, and I was amazed there was such a huge collection.
takenoko wrote:Well, I'll do what I can as long as I'm alive
Live your life to the fullest, burning bright!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't want to be a ghost D:
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Ahh this is so sweet I teared up. I'm the same exact way, my life changed so dramatically in 2006 when I found TV-N. Thank you so much for posting this, it really helps to see this kind of encouragement when the internet is so filled with naysayers. :)
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
patamon829
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by patamon829 »

long-time fan here, first time poster ^.^;;; I just felt that i had to say something to you takenoko, especially after your front page proclamation about accepting all fans of tokusatsu: thank you! as a gay toku fan, this means a whole lot to me, especially coming from an organization that , imho, has revolutionized the toku/sentai scene in the U.S., if not the world
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's great. I just feel like we should all be accepting of people no matter who they are. Like who am I to judge others, y'know?

And that post really was the least I could do. Words without action are a bit hollow, but thoughts, ideas, beliefs, and morals are important to me. And they affect people, as you've shown.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I thought that what was written on this post was obvious.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's not obvious to everyone, that's why it still needs to be said.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Thanks to the Super Sentai team at TV Nihon for the hard word in the translation and re-encoding process. I know that some of you are Golden Knights who work through the horrors and darkness of the translations, but like Kamen Riders, you ride it through to the end.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

LOL, your most welcome. And thanks for the creative post!
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

gotta give credit where credit is due, thanks to this site and the guys working on subbing the Kamen Rider and Super Sentai series i never would have know all these different heroes existed i mean i stumbled onto this site while looking for kamen rider dragon knight episodes and i found Decade, Den-O and other riders i never even heard of since the only riders shown in america were Saban's and dragon knight not to mention all the previous super sentai... i mean i thought mighty morphin power rangers were the first but thanks to seeing Gokaiger my mind was blown and after seeing the original i could never go back to power rangers i mean after seeing Ninninger, power rangers ninja steel just didn't do anything for me. and the movies i mean some of the team ups/movies i would never see in the usa are sweet and shout factory doesn't bother subbing them since they only care about the tv shows which kinda sucks, not to mention all the do is plain text for subbing which i think is just lazy so to the men and women who sub these shows i give my thanks.
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
BuraddoRun
7X
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kitano
Favorite Band: Momoiro Clover Z
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MLB
Quote: "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Post by BuraddoRun »

I don't post much, but I wanted to jump in and give my thanks as well. You guys do great work, and yes, it touches lives, goofy as that may sound to some. I meet weekly with 2 close friends of mine to watch 3-4 episodes of Super Sentai. We generally pick a series that has already been fully subbed, so we're not watching shows as they're released. Right now we're going through Kyouryuuger. But anyway, these "goofy" kids' shows somehow still inspire,still entertain, and still help my friends and I strengthen our bonds and have great times together. So thanks again TVN!
kururu2890
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by kururu2890 »

This is long overdue, but I would like to thank all of the staff of TVNihon for all of their hardwork in providing new KR and SS episodes every week. Since 2004 I have started watching your subs and I always have a nostalgic feeling of the time when I was a kid watching dubbed versions of KR and SS, you guys and gals have made me remember all of those good times of those days when I was younger. After a friend recommended me to check the site out and after downloading a couple of episodes I was hooked and ever since you guys are now a part of my weekly routine to get the latest episodes of both KR and SS.

In closing I would like to thank you TVNihon for providing us viewers subs for the latest and classic Kamen Rider and Super Sentai Series.

Thank You and More Power to you all.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thank you kindly. As long as it makes people happy, that's all we care about.

Return to “Tech Support”