Site Search

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Site Search

Post by kikaida »

I've been around here for quite a while and the one thing that I find the most frustrating is the TVN site search. It seriously lacks. It's hard to find anything. Is there a way to "fix" that? Or is it just because the site is SO large that the search isn't capable to handle it? Or is that by design? I have my own personal work around - I use Google's advance search capabilities and do a TVN site search. For example, to see if there were any posts on TVN about the rumored 2019 KR. I had to use Google to find out.

Suggestion: since it appears that you haven't blocked search engines (like Google) from indexing the TVN site - why not use their search engine for TVN? With your Google account (assuming the admin or tech person (Q?) has or can create an account for TVN) visit: https://cse.google.com/

Of course, you can simply say "no" to my awesome suggestion and I'll just keep doing what I do to find things on TVN.

Thanks!
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Site Search

Post by Lunagel »

I think it's just the way the board was coded. That's done through a third party service so not much we can do about it unless we switch boards completely. Yeah, the search sucks but like you said there's a workaround with Google.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Site Search

Post by takenoko »

I'd love a more robust search engine, but I don't really have the technical know how to implement it? I can ask the site manager the next opportunity I get to see if it's a possibility, but I couldn't really say if it's easy or hard or what it'd take to implement.

For now, you can limit your searches to specific sites on Google with these terms:
site:tvnihon.com kamen rider 2019

Return to “Tech Support”