ryusoulger question

Suggestions, complaints about the forums or bugs in the fansubs are to be submitted in this forum
Forum rules
If you want to suggest a series to sub... Please use this thread 99% of the time, we'll say "no", so this makes it easier to keep everything in one place.

If you have a picture that you want us to use in our videos... Submit it to this thread Widescreen series should be 1280x720 or 1920x1080. 4:3 shows in 640x480.

If you notice a mistake in the subs Please use this thread to submit it
rubius
Go Go!
Male: Yes

ryusoulger question

Post by rubius » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:34 pm

i'm just wondering about the henshin noise the subtitles say: que bom but i sometimes here que bon. i'm wondering if that was a typo, a speech goof, or is my hearing nuts
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost,Ex-Aid,Build
Super Sentai: Boukenger, DaiRanger, DekaRanger, GekiRanger, Go-Busters, Go-Onger, Gokaiger, Goseiger,Jyuohger Kyouryuuger, MagiRanger, MegaRanger, Ninninger, Shinkenger, Toqger

Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: ryusoulger question

Post by Lunagel » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:00 pm

It's not just you, it's a quirk of Japanese that there is no standalone m sound but there is a standalone n sound, which is frequently used to represent m sounds in foreign loan words and also can be changed to m if followed by a lip smacking p or b etc

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:35 pm

It's just linguistics. This is why the Japanese "bon" can represent "bon dancing". "bomb dancing". or "que bom" even though it's pronounced "que bon".

msf232
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time

Post by msf232 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:26 pm

As far as I know, the Portuguese "bom" sounds the same as French "bon"; that is- it can end with "ン" naturally.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger-LVSP
Kuuga-ジオウ
Ryukendo
スパイダーマン
Akibaranger

Return to “Feedback forum”