No streaming allowed?

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

No streaming allowed?

Post by SwordHero1 »

My friend and I were pondering how come we are not allowed to stream TV-N's vids. You know, the part where it says, "Not for sale, auction, or stream."

As far as we can see, there's really no real harm in having it streamed. It's not like people are claiming it as their own by putting it on YouTube or Veoh, and there's URLs at the beginning and end of each video that says where the video came from and who subbed it.

In addition, not everyone has the computer space to hold tons of videos. For example, my friend only has enough space to hold about half a series at one time. With streaming, you have better access to those videos without a lot of downloading.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: No streaming allowed?

Post by XIII »

avi release size 233 mb
flv stream size 20 mb

now you can see why we dont like streaming

90% of the file is junked which means quaility goes down hill, video becomes pixulated and disgusting,

hdd's are dropping in price, 1 tb is now about £60 (GBP)/ $80 (USD) probably less depending where you look, so storage is not an issue, plus there is always data disks you can burn, its how i have most of the archive stored
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's referring to people who post fansubs to stream sites that give them money for it, hence profiting from our work

There are plenty of people who post our stuff on streaming sites and that's fine, just don't post the links here since we don't officially endorse that, nor want to maintain it

Edit: Just read Az's post. That's another thing I forgot. Streaming the videos junk the quality of our work. We don't want to acknowledge them officially because that's not representative of what we put out
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

So generally, I'm allowed to stream your stuff so long as I don't profit from your work, just know that the quality will go down and don't link streams here.

Return to “Tech Support”