HD Testing for PS3 and XboX 360 users (version 2 up)

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
nomand
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Re: HD Testing for PS3 and XboX 360 users (version 2 up)

Post by nomand »

To get the earlier HD encodes to work on my PS3 I used Xvid4psp (PS3 settings) and selected copy video and re-encoded the audio to the same bit rate as original.

Worked for me and took at most 5 mins per file.
SimplyX
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by SimplyX »

Hey TV-Nihon staff. I don't believe the problem is with the encoding settings. The old HD encodes for Decade and Shinkenger have been working on my 360 from the get go. The PS3 doesn't. However, I was able to get it working by demuxing the elementary avc and aac streams and remuxing using MP4box. No re-encoding was done whatsoever, just demuxing and remuxing with MP4box got your encodes working on my PS3 no audio sync issues either.

I don't know what you guys use to mux the streams when you encode but my test proves, at least to me, that it isn't a problem with your actual encoding settings.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

The program used utilizes mp4box, so to me it aint that, besides some settings did need to be tweaked anyway to make them more universally compliant, so this is a valid test, not everybody is savy on the splitting apart and remuxing part so its better to get it right first time, thru trail and error we have gotten a universal compliant HD encode, so again this testing is valid

Also tested a full HD encode with new settings, its fixed the bad atom thing so it now plays in quicktime so OSX people should be slightly happier now, as soon as I get it uploaded a member of staff will do a test to make sure it plays on a PS3 and everything will all be set for future encodes

Thank you all again

The input you have provided and the suggestions people have made have been awesome,

HD encoding away XD
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Arucard054
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Arucard054 »

usually with Xbox 360 all AVI subs works but the words are usually cut out. But I will see if it works with this version you guys put up.
Edit-it works but some words or letters are cut off usually when the sentence is too long or the sentence is put at the far side of the screen I have an HDTV 19inch that is above 470p or w.e. I have the setting set to 1080i 360 always screw up the widescreen format.
jolemonus
Adventure
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Mele
Favorite Actor?: ME
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PIE
Quote: OH BOY! Does it come in explosive?

Post by jolemonus »

Azazel wrote:jolemonus wrote:
I would love some recodes so I could watch the HD versions on my PS3

probably not, the only one that would be likely to re-encoded is Shinken 2 since that does have a genuine fault with it
Would it be possible then for anyone to recommend a good re-encoder so that we can personally make the earlier eps the same?

Also, maybe when the first HD batches go up, they could be the re-encodes??? *knows he's hoping a little too much*

Thanks for the awesome work guys :D[/quote]

I have a decend encoder It would take FOREVER but I could try it out for a few and see what works. ^^;;
OH BOY!!! Does it come in Explosive?!?
SimplyX
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by SimplyX »

Edit-it works but some words or letters are cut off usually when the sentence is too long or the sentence is put at the far side of the screen I have an HDTV 19inch that is above 470p or w.e. I have the setting set to 1080i 360 always screw up the widescreen format.
That sounds like an overscan issue. Most newer LCD TVs have 1:1 pixel mapping which gets rid of the problem.
Arucard054
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Arucard054 »

That sounds like an overscan issue. Most newer LCD TVs have 1:1 pixel mapping which gets rid of the problem.

eh if I have HDMI cord would that fix it? I've had this overscan problem since I had a 26inch Sony SDTV. Now I just download my SD episodes and watch on my pc since my computer lags when I use HD episodes due to my HDD space and prob the graphics card. My pc is connected to my nice HDTV so I can watch the episodes on there. I blame Microsoft for their overscan issues.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Arucard054 wrote:

eh if I have HDMI cord would that fix it? I've had this overscan problem since I had a 26inch Sony SDTV. Now I just download my SD episodes and watch on my pc since my computer lags when I use HD episodes due to my HDD space and prob the graphics card. My pc is connected to my nice HDTV so I can watch the episodes on there. I blame Microsoft for their overscan issues.
its not a microsoft issue is a TV issue
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Zamer
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Zamer »

Just to let you guys know, now I dont endorse hacking/modding in anyway but your subs play perfectly on a modded wii
Image Image
Shin Dragon
7X

Post by Shin Dragon »

It plays fine on my Xbox 360 :mrgreen:

But the thing is I can't see the difference in picture quality of HD to SD on my HD TV :lol:

Please don't take this the wrong way :oops:
ladieslovekazuo
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by ladieslovekazuo »

Tried it on a 360 via USB stick and streaming, video output via VGA on a VGA CRT monitor (640x480):

Quality? - Fine on both
Speed in playback? - Fine on both
Glitches in playback? - None
Audio synced up? - As far as I can tell (It's Sentai stuff so I can't see lips), yes. Subs seem to match the audio well enough

As a side note, I watch a lot of GCCX via streaming on my 360, and up until the second-to-most recent release (The Konami NES All-Star game episode) all of the GCCX videos had desynched audio.

The two most recent ones seem fine, however.

Hope that helps
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The audio desync issue is a known issue. Check out the playback help forums for the thread about it
ladieslovekazuo

Post by ladieslovekazuo »

takenoko wrote:The audio desync issue is a known issue. Check out the playback help forums for the thread about it
Forgive me if I missed it, but I don't see a thread that discusses desync on the 360. I see one that discusses desync in general on PC, but none of those tips apply to the 360.

Return to “Tech Support”