Translation in Kamen Rider W Episode 2

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Translation in Kamen Rider W Episode 2

Post by erikhol »

Hi. I noticed two things in the 2ed Kamen Rider W episode that caused me concern. One is a line, at 12:14, where the girl says "They sent me in exile". Shouldn't it be "They sent me INTO exile".

Also, the young girl says two times, 7:50, saying "I didn't hear anything about this!" That might be correctly translated - but doesn't it work better with it's more natural equivlent "You didn't say anything about this!" That just seems more natural for a person to say.

Just suggestions.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Translation in Kamen Rider W Episode 2

Post by Lunagel »

erikhol wrote:One is a line, at 12:14, where the girl says "They sent me in exile". Shouldn't it be "They sent me INTO exile".
Oops? We're human. Frankly, that's a small mistake that isn't particularly relevant to anything important. Even if English isn't your first language, it's easy enough to figure out.
erikhol wrote:That might be correctly translated - but doesn't it work better with it's more natural equivlent "You didn't say anything about this!" That just seems more natural for a person to say.
So you'd rather we changed what she said into something she didn't say?

I don't think either sentence is particularly more natural, I have heard both in conversation.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

OK, fair enough.

But now I gotta ask - what was changed or was wrong to have a 2ed version released? I just watched the 2ed version and didn't notice anything different.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

it was a custom font that hadnt updated correctly , it provoded the symbols for stag and bat
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!

Return to “Tech Support”