Should TN make more aggressive changes to batched torrents?

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Should TN make more aggressive changes to batched torrents?

Post by takenoko »

typhoon_2099
IXA
Favorite series: MagiRanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Should TN make more aggressive changes to batched torrents?

Post by typhoon_2099 »

Isn't there some way you could make up a patch for the files that exist already? If it's just a case of rewriting the header, then surely there's something out there that can just replace the header information with new information, then seeding could be resumed as per usual.

As for renaming the files, I renamed most of them before I burned them to DVD, but as long as the file list is there copying them back to HDD then renaming them (if you set utorrent to preallocate files, they'll all be created, then you can copy and paste all the file names, then copy and replace the files into the download folder. Then stop the torrent and force a re-check from the right click menu and everything will be added to the torrent and ready to seed).

This could also work for the corrected aspect ratio files, so long as the filesize doesn't chenge. After replacing the dowloading files with the original, force re-check then everything should be correct apart from the first piece of the file, which will will be redownloaded with the new header information.

I'd suggest correcting a file then putting it up for download as a test for everyone to replace with their old files to see what happens, it would save a lot of time for people if it works.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I can't create a patch, but I can tell people what program to use to make the change themselves:
http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100

But most modern video players have options to allow you to change the aspect ratios manually, it's more of a luxury change than a necessary one

I guess it's the scope of the inconvenience. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking people to rename 50something episodes to help seed a series, nor would I expect that of them

Another thing to consider is that these files would need to be redone in DDL. Which might be a bother since I hadn't actually talked with anyone in TN before creating this topic
typhoon_2099
IXA

Post by typhoon_2099 »

That's true, I never thought of the DLLs.

I suppose someone could make a .bat file that automatically renames the files for them, that would take the difficulty out of it. I've just been downloading all the Kamen Rider series so I can eventually get caught up watching them, so I'm sure I could come up with something if you wanted.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I prefer my pre-historic video/media player so I am unable to change this "aspect ratio".
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I'd be okay with going through and fixing up all the little inconsistencies as long as there was a list of what had been changed so I know what to redownload. Most of my stuff is burned to discs but I can always rip the files that are good, download the ones that have been changed, and burn them to a new disc. DVD-Rs are cheap.
SocietyBox
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by SocietyBox »

typhoon_2099 wrote:As for renaming the files, I renamed most of them before I burned them to DVD, but as long as the file list is there copying them back to HDD then renaming them (if you set utorrent to preallocate files, they'll all be created, then you can copy and paste all the file names, then copy and replace the files into the download folder. Then stop the torrent and force a re-check from the right click menu and everything will be added to the torrent and ready to seed).
uTorrent can have files saved to different filenames. In Files tab via right-click -> Relocate... You can seed from the DVD directly.
typhoon_2099
IXA

Post by typhoon_2099 »

SocietyBox wrote:uTorrent can have files saved to different filenames. In Files tab via right-click -> Relocate... You can seed from the DVD directly.
Aha! I new I'd seen that somewhere before. That may save me some time. Cheers for reminding me.
Susan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Susan »

I personally think its a brilliant idea, but I'm also a very anal person. At the very least, it's pretty easy to rename large batches of files very quickly for reseeding using something like Bulk Rename Utility: http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/
typhoon_2099
IXA

Post by typhoon_2099 »

Susan wrote:I personally think its a brilliant idea, but I'm also a very anal person. At the very least, it's pretty easy to rename large batches of files very quickly for reseeding using something like Bulk Rename Utility: http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/
But that would only rename them according to a set sequence wouldn't it? You'd have to find a way of appending the CRCs also. The best bet for that would be a simple batch file. You can even paste it into the forums with instructions on what to do with it.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

As for correcting mistakes and stuff - and re-doing series from DVDs - that's all well and good, but it doesn't have to be a priority. I was watching the Kamen Rider 555 series just before you started redoing them on DVDs. While the picture wasn't perfect, it still worked well enough, except for a few episodes where there was simply a recording problem inherient in the Raw. So, it's nice that you want to improve the older stuff, but it also isn't going to kill anyone if it isn't gotten to quick enough.

Also, if the ratio can be fixed on a series like Magiranger, that's good too. But those episodes aren't unwatchable the way they are either.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

For renaming files I really like using A.F.5 's rename your files program
http://www.fauland.com/af5.htm

I see you can save batches, so maybe it'd be worth putting that out for the shows we rename

The problem though is that a lot of the early shows with the naming problems are also the same ones with the aspect ratio problems. So if we rewrite the header, that'd change too

Also, I haven't tested it, but I think we can probably fix the files that have the 0 audio splash problems with minimal effort

Again, if people don't mind, then the hardest part will be to simply get it remade for the DDL and batch torrents, since the CRCs will be different
Djoe
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Agito, Kabuto, W
Dreamy: Akiyama Rina
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Djoe »

is there a thread that list for what files are changed?
Qriist
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: I lick my brain in silence...

Post by Qriist »

I would like to point out that patches could easily be made for all of your material. Using Xdelta you could quite easily make patches and write a batch to distribute with the patch. For applying patches the input file must be the same as the one that it was made from, xdelta won't do anything if even 1 byte is off due to it's hash checks. I know of a GUI that handles both sides of the patching process if this needs to be pointed out.

While I generally abstain from the forums due to the violent rejection I was given some time ago, I would hate for all of you to waste all that bandwidth and time.

Cheers.
---Qriist
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Which GUI is that?

Does it use a different method of checking the file differences that Bittorrent? Since if I recall correctly, Bittorrent will just see the different hashes and treat the old file as a totally different one. I'm not sure why, but changing the header changes the whole file's hash for some reason

Return to “Tech Support”