Question to the staff

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
AncientLemurian
7X
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Daimon Rinko
Favorite Actor?: Takayama Yuko
My boom: Tetris

Re: Question to the staff

Post by AncientLemurian »

I've got to buy it, I've got to buy it, Chin-poko-mon!

If you like Chinpokomon, then you'll love Wild Wacky Action Bike!

Or how about, Alabama Man!
DrakosAmatras
Go Go!
Favorite series: Ryuki, GoGo, Geki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O, Boken
Dreamy: Morita Suzuka
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Buddhism
Quote: "I will die someday; it's only a matter of time."

Post by DrakosAmatras »

Catastrophe wrote:I mean, yeah, lets face it. Tokusatsu is essentially 25 minute toy commercials.
I notice they can be more than commercials, though there are series that are mostly commercial or merchandise-centric. Decade and Goseiger come to mind. But even in series with a good deal of content like Shinkenger, there's still tons of toys. Toei's been really aggressive with toy counts these recent years.

Rescue Soldiers have never been more adorable.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

You know what. This topic has served its purpose. Locked.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it's fine if it continues
Favine
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sazer X
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Rider Kick
Quote: Mizu

Post by Favine »

I get alot of stuff from CS toy's. Maybe there can be some deal between TVNihon on the others, like you over look us, and we keep flooding the states with Kamen rider and Sentai, those demaning people to want to buy sentai KR stuff. the sales arrows goes up and they may even send Raws for us to sub. A win win win.

I mean as long as they are not losing any money it should be fine. hell i found some nice looking KR watchs that i wish to have for my own.
Stop, Wait, Cake Time
Kaijumaster

Post by Kaijumaster »

I've actually had the pleasure in past years to speak to a few members of the KR/SS production team, they are completly in the dark that we can see the shows over here. so it's not common knowledge that there's is even an american fan-base let alone a group providing it.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I've thought about this a few times actually and I think it's rather stupid. I can kinda see the point being made if it were in the same country, like downloading US shows in the US. I can even see the point if it's licensed, like anime. But Toku is hardly ever licensed over here. Sentai isn't the same as Power Rangers and aside from Dragon Knight, we haven't seen anything on the Kamen Rider front.

If Toei is worried about people watching their shows for free internationally then they should....you know....release their shows internationally. Just a thought.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:I've thought about this a few times actually and I think it's rather stupid. I can kinda see the point being made if it were in the same country, like downloading US shows in the US. I can even see the point if it's licensed, like anime. But Toku is hardly ever licensed over here. Sentai isn't the same as Power Rangers and aside from Dragon Knight, we haven't seen anything on the Kamen Rider front.

If Toei is worried about people watching their shows for free internationally then they should....you know....release their shows internationally. Just a thought.

I'll say it many times the whole copyright infridgement thing is outdated most popular year is 1971. But it is not just copy right infridgement that is the issue here, look at some of the contracts Toei and others must have made for PR to be here. IF there is a conflict with releasing the original here, and the contract of course they cannot release here. You also have to remeber parents are sue happy, there is plenty that goes on in Sentai that parents would loose there cool about. Remeber American kids are wrapped up in bubble wrap and everyone is straight and no one would dare cross dress. And don't say it wouldn't happen cause it would.

HOWEVER if Toei would release english subs in japan, via the fan base it will still spread to america thus avoiding any annoying contracts or parents. In my opinion at least.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, people from Japanese IPs do download from our tracker. I'm sure you guys see them when you use utorrent or whatever. They might just be foreigners in Japan and not nationals, but maybe not necessarily? Just a thought
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

There will always be people from the originating country DLing that is unavoidable. Unless we could pull the whole youtube "this content is not available in your country". I know my freind taught English in japan for a year and despite being in the place of originating shows she still prefered to DL english sub. Her view was it was just easier to watch. So your going to get a mixture of all of the above,
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well we can block Japan's IP, but like I said, there are people from the rest of the world who are there and not native speakers. Should we block those people to prevent Japanese people from pirating their own show?
Favine
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sazer X
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey
My boom: Rider Kick
Quote: Mizu

Post by Favine »

That sounds crazy, if there Japanese, then they can watch the show for free with out sub's. So i'm sure it's a lot of English speaking or eng lit people dl from here. OR it's a Japanese fan base out there that just like to see how stuff is sub. but i'm sure they are looking at some of the older shows that may be hard to find over there, the older sentais and kamen/ masked riders. (that right there is my best bet.) And would be wrong to block them.

Plus why don't we get a group of people to write letters to Toei, stating that even if it is a small fan base, there still is a fan base for the ORG SS/KR, and not this us knock off KR stuff.

Drowning is right, US parents are sue happy, but he also brings up the other good point of releasing eng sub. i mean the work was basically done for them here, just look over it, re tweek if needed, package and ship.

As long as no fan subbers start talking about wanting money then its should be a pretty easy deal. with perks i'm sure. And if your good, they may hire you to work.... OVER THERE... then you send the talk about new rider's and sentais coming out.

Also I've been seeing the previews for the new PR....... not going to watch it, may see ep 1 but well have to see from there. once you taste the real thing is hard to eat anything else.
Stop, Wait, Cake Time
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Like what you guys say is all well and good, except there are a lot of cases of Japan companies going after people for uploading stuff like anime to peer to peer servers. The crackdown on that and the pulls from Youtube show that it's not as simple as "It's shown for free on TV, people can do whatever they want with it"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah. There is a massive blitz on Tokusatsu videos (Mainly Sentai and KR) on YT. Thats probably because its the easiest targetable form of it though.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

I can understand when I think about youtube blocking videos. It was getting crazy for a bit there with many people streaming the same episodes. However I think they gone a bit to far in the purging. Loosing episodes that have been there for years and no longer can be found. (Agito, Kuuga are now unwatchable). But youtube lost a lot of like because the same time they were cracking down they gave companies there own channels to run while taking away from the poeple. Even if they used a song to there own vids BAM gone. But that is a differnt subject.

Steaming isn't a bad guy, if you look at it saves on DLs but when you get dozens of people posting the same episode it gets crazy.

I was also thinking if you block the JP adresses and there Maylay or US then wouldn't they eventually have a way to get those episodes. Via friends back in the orignating places. But I wouldn't see this as a problem so long as it is not taking up a wide majority of the DLs.
\
I also asked a friend living in Japan, older KR is still available to find in DVD so inavaliablity is not the case.

I got a question I got 9 KR keychains in the mail for 30 dollars 36 shipping, my freind can get each keychain in Japan for about a dollar each (face palm on selfs part) who is making that money Toei affilates or the seller. Multiply that by fans, I think Toei is really loosing out on whole nother front.

Return to “Tech Support”