Gom Player codecs

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
pudnyka
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Gom Player codecs

Post by pudnyka »

Where can I get codecs for GOM player? I have a problem when I download some online movies it plays a few seconds then pauses then I click play then it pauses and it stops playing then pausing at 10 seconds.
Last edited by pudnyka on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Gom Player codecs

Post by takenoko »

In the future, just create a new topic, instead of necroing an old topic that has nothing to do with what you're asking.

For the most part GOM just uses its internal filters. If it doesn't support a certain codec, I find that it usually just downloads what it needs by itself. If you want to set it to an external decoder maybe use http://www.cccp-project.net/ and select one of their filters in the advance menu?
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Gom Player codecs

Post by XIII »

as take mentioned GOM does use its own internal filters,

If GOM struggles to play something then it is likely to be a bad file, if it has a CRC code in the file name its a good idea to check that using something like rapidCRC, if it fails youd have to re-download it

While you can set GOM to use external filters, it should only be done as a last resort or if you have professional codecs such as CoreAVC and CoreAAC.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!

Return to “Tech Support”