Games that you've been playing recently

Super Console Wars: Original Generation
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 26707
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Games that you've been playing recently

Post by takenoko » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:11 am

TypicalStandUser wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 pm
XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Love that game!

Mulkey
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:17 am
Male: Yes

Re: Games that you've been playing recently

Post by Mulkey » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:27 am

I finally got around to Cuphead. Let me tell ya, that game so lives up to the hype. It's amazing. From the visuals to game mechanics. Anyone here played it?

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 26707
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Games that you've been playing recently

Post by takenoko » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Just beat Shovel Knight's Specter of Torment. I didn't enjoy it as much as Plague Knight's campaign, but it was a decent way to spend a night. But man, some of the frustrating parts really pushed my buttons in ways I don't think even Dark Souls does (outside the DLC at least). I just couldn't get the movement down.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Posts: 3739
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2ndFavoriteSeries: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Games that you've been playing recently

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Just finished Mario Odyssey. It's okay I guess. Way too short.

User avatar
Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
Posts: 7210
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Re: Games that you've been playing recently

Post by Lunagel » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:55 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:16 pm
Just finished Mario Odyssey. It's okay I guess. Way too short.
Not if you try to get all the moons >.>

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Posts: 3739
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2ndFavoriteSeries: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Games that you've been playing recently

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:23 am

True, but typically after finishing a game I lose motivation to do any post game stuff. I got 500 and did that really hard extra dungeon, and that really killed my enthusiasm.

My main problem is how the worlds are set out. Like typically you have to finish this main objective before the world opens up, but by then you've probably got enough moons to move to the next area. New Donk City has that really cool set piece at the start, but when the level opens up afterwards it's just kind of explore the city without the threat of danger.

I mean, it's a great game in all other aspects. I just wish there was more to do in each of the worlds on the initial story portion.

User avatar
TorchWood
IXA
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:26 pm
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Location: Lincoln, CA

Re: Games that you've been playing recently

Post by TorchWood » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:04 am

Sorry folks, but the game I have been playing is Overwatch in Mystery Heroes mode. It's like potato chips.... you can't play just one.
Gashatto! Let's Game! Meccha Game! Muccha Game! What's Your Name? I'm A Comment Writer!

User avatar
Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
Posts: 7210
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Re: Games that you've been playing recently

Post by Lunagel » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:08 am

Catastrophe wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:23 am
True, but typically after finishing a game I lose motivation to do any post game stuff. I got 500 and did that really hard extra dungeon, and that really killed my enthusiasm.

My main problem is how the worlds are set out. Like typically you have to finish this main objective before the world opens up, but by then you've probably got enough moons to move to the next area. New Donk City has that really cool set piece at the start, but when the level opens up afterwards it's just kind of explore the city without the threat of danger.

I mean, it's a great game in all other aspects. I just wish there was more to do in each of the worlds on the initial story portion.
Yeah that's fair enough. I'm a bit of a completionist so I've been picking up most of the moons but I guess it's structured the way it is so even little kids can beat the game, the other stuff is just shoved in there for the adults.

Post Reply

Return to “Games”