Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Let's Play Oreimo

Post by takenoko »

Cancelled. Thinking about how much work recording the first part was, doing the translations in real time would have been extremely hard. Maybe I'll just do a recording an split it up in parts and update it to this thread instead.

Time: This Friday March 15. 6 PM Pacific (9PM East Coast)

Chat channel: To be decided

Format: The stream will be non-voiced. All the text will be conveyed through the IRC chat.

Request for help: Anyone who knows Japanese want to hang out in chat and just do on the fly translations?

So in anticipation of the second season of Oreimo coming out next month, I'd like to try playing this game. The game's story takes place after the True Route ending of season one. I only watch the anime series, I don't read the manga or the novellas, so as far as I know, the stuff that happens in the game are just what-if scenarios. So maybe spoilers for the new TV series, but who knows?

I'm going to stream the footage to my Twitch account. It'll include the IRC channel where we'll be gathering so I'll try to have some audience participation. The game is basically a visual novel, so while most of it is voiced, there may be some text only parts. I'll try to summarize what I can, but obviously I won't be able to do a line-by-line translation for everything.

I think I'll try the Ayase route first. I really like her storyline and think it'd be interesting to watch.

I've streamed myself playing games before, but this will be my first time trying something in this format. If it works out, maybe I'll do more. I've got Climax Heroes OOO and some of the old Rider Playstaion 1 games. Or we can do something entirely different, I'll post my games collection in the thread.

Past streams: http://www.twitch.tv/takkynoko/videos?k ... broadcasts

Anyone have any questions or suggestions for how we do this thing?

Game collection
Spoiler
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO
Monster Hunter FU

PC
Binding of Isaac
FTL
System Shock 2

PS3
Bioshock 1-2
Demon's Souls
Fallout 3
Monster Hunter P3 HD

PS1 (I'd need to find an emulator but I assume I can get this running)
Kamen Rider Kuuga
Kamen Rider Agito
Kamen Rider Ryuki
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Let's Play Oreimo

Post by Kuchiri »

Is the new Kamen Rider game going to be online co-op. Because we seriously should get like four of us in on that with recordings. lol
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno. I don't recall hearing anything about that, so I doubt it?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So to set things up, I subbed the opening where they introduce the two mechanics in the game, the Two Shot Conversation and the ORE List. (He's the same voice actor as Beet J Stag, so that's kind of funny)

Also includes the opening:

https://mega.co.nz/#!e1ICwQ5L!GBePZl6yu ... uW__qjBc-Q

If you see any mistakes, let me know. I lost some time since my first encode wasn't usable, so it's mostly subbed. I might have missed the occasional unnarrated Kyousuke thought, which goes by way too quickly when Auto is turned on (I was manually pressing the prompt the first time).

Return to “Games”