Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Maya
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Henshin devices

Transformers Universe

Post by Comatose »

Hey guys,

Anybody playing Transformers Universe? It's in open beta now and despite it's lack of solo/small group missions, I'm enjoying it. I tend to avoid PVP in a lot of the MMORPGs I play but I'm actually not minding this one.

If you want to add me on there, my Autobot Commander's name is KingOfWolvesZX and my Decepticon is BlackComatose.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Transformers Universe

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm a huge Transformers fan, but only a mild MMORPG fan. Is the game itself any good? If it's just WoW with transformers skins, I'll probably pass.
Comatose
Gabu
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Maya
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Henshin devices

Re: Transformers Universe

Post by Comatose »

It's nothing like WoW. It's its own game. Right now it's in open beta so I don't know if all the playable features are being tested right now. I keep reading conversations about story missions but all I've ever done is PVP or some PVE that is just random objectives on a map that repeat every so often just in new locations.

Unlike a lot of other MMORPGs out there, you don't create your own character. You come up with a name for your commander and you can either choose to go through the tutorial mission or skip it. On your fist play through, I recommend going through it for the simple fact that it goes over the basic commands that, if you choose to skip it, will have you completely lost when you try to actually play. You're given 3 starter characters based on your faction. One is a healer, one is a pure damage dealer and one is a bit of both. As you play through you earn Energon and Relic points. The Energon is used to engineer consumables and devices that will help give you an edge in combat. Really the only consumables I make right now are the equivalent of med packs. The Relic points can be used to buy the consumables or buy new bots to add to your squad. The leveling is for your commander so if you like playing as one particular bot, you wont' have him maxed out and then have other weak bots. When you level up you get a tuning point which can be put into skills the bots use; no matter who you use, all bots have access to the points. The best thing about the tuning points is that you can put them anywhere and if you find that it's not working for you, you can easily take them out of their current location and then put them somewhere else. It costs you nothing to re-tune your bots.

You can have a Decepticon and Autobot commander attached to your account. When you create your account you choose a side. Through the website you can change sides and when you choose to do this you create a new commander on the opposite faction. When you log into the game, you can choose which commander you play as. You don't sacrifice all the work you've done on one faction when you switch to the other.

If downloading a client doesn't work for you, then you can install the unity player and play through the website itself. Personally I have better luck playing with the client but using the browser is good if you are on a computer that you really can't download an entire game client to like a school or work computer.

Return to “Games”