Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Game of the year 2014?

Post by takenoko »

What were some of your favorite games of the year? For me, Dark Souls II had to be on top of that list. The main game was excellent, and then the three DLC packs are must-plays.

I've been playing Binding of Isaac Rebirth a lot for the last couple of months.

I also played Walking Dead season 2 this year. It's still pretty good I think. It didn't feel like just a rehash of season 1, although I miss some aspects of that first year.

There were a lot of good DLC this year too. The Last of Us was really interesting, and they released a lot of behind the scene stuff that was fun to watch. I mean, it's free, why not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0l7LzC_h8I

There was also the Bioshock Infinite DLC, which I thought was really good, even if the second one felt a bit overly tidy with how it wraps things up. I just prefer to think about them as separate from the main game story.

I never got back to Battride II, but I still want to. I've just been a bit overwhelmed lately and haven't had time to stream it.

And what are you guys looking forward to in 2015? I can't wait for Bloodborne, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham Knight. While a lot of stuff that came out this year are rehashes or add-on to previous years, it'll be good to look forward to some new stuff in 2015. Oh yeah, Monster Hunter might inspire me to get a 3DS.
Triple M
Destron Emperor
Favorite series: Destron
2nd Favorite Series: Destron
Dreamy: Destron
Favorite Actor?: Destron
Favorite Band: Destron
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Destron
Quote: *HAIL DESTRON*
Type: INTP Architect

Re: Game of the year 2014?

Post by Triple M »

Dark Souls ][
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

I just bought a PS4 for GTA V. I have to say the game is wonderful, deserves the title as game of 2014.

Arkham Knight is next on my list. I have patience to wait even though it was delayed until June next year.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh man, I didn't realize it was delayed to June. More time for Bloodborne I guess.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

I havent played many games this year, but the couple that I have enjoyed have been

inFAMOUS: Second Son
Lego Batman 3
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

Games I don't rate too much

Watch_dogs (that ending was piss poor)
Lego The Hobbit (way too much grinding required)
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Last of us, but to me Resident Evil Remake Remastered was a still great masterpiece.
Joosche
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
My boom: High Fantasy

Post by Joosche »

Dark Souls II was the game of the year for me.

Hyped for Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin, Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X and Persona 5. I would like to say the same for FFXV, but no one knows.
Kekekeke
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Kekekeke »

For me it's a bit of a toss up between Dragon Age Inquisition and Kamen Rider: Summonride! -- On the one hand there's really no touching the expansive world and rich story of DAI, as well as the great multiplayer, but KR:S! is insanely fun whether by yourself or with a couple of friends for in-house/samescreen co-op. Also being able to swap out your Rider mid-match is really handy.

As far as upcoming stuff, looking forward to getting Kive, Faiz, Kuuga and Den-O for summonride as well as any DLC for Dragon Age, but as far as new games I'd have to go with Evolved and Deep Down as being the two I'm most anticipating.
EssThree
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Gaim:Shinkenger:Garo
2nd Favorite Series: W:Yuusha Yoshihiko
Favorite Band: New Order
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Youtube food shows
Quote: Toku watchlist:
-Completed-
SS: Zyu, Dai, Kaku, Deka, Magi, Shinken, Gosei
KR: First, Next, Den-O, W, OOO, Fourze, Gaim
Misc: Garo/Beast/RR/Kiba, Cutie Honey, Yoshihiko
-Current-
Ohranger, Ninninger, KR Drive, Garo Makai Senki, PGSM
Type: INTP Architect

Post by EssThree »

I've been a bad gamer this year, and have played maybe a handful at most. The most recent ones were Game of Thrones and Tales from Borderlands. The first episodes were pretty damn good! I'm getting tired of them making out that your decisions have much of an impact, though. They really don't! Last game they released that your decisions made any meaningful difference was Wolf Among Us...
I still like their games though. It's neat being able to at least control the flow of dialogue.

2015? I'm still going to be working through my backlog haha
I am interested in getting my hands on GTAV for PC though.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Shovel Knight Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix are the top of my list, but that's mostly cause I haven't and don't plan to touch Dark Souls 2 (I am strongly adverse to the area full of giant spiders that ends with a boss fight against a giant spider). However I had started playing Dark Souls 1, and been having a time and a half thinking bout it's story and what it (could have) mean if Dark Souls 2 didn't exist/wasn't canon :V

I am looking forward, because I am a giant nerd, to Persona 5, Arkham Knight, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, J-Star Victory Vs +, Disgaea 5, likely Bloodborne but just as likely not x_x, Hyperdevotion Noire Goddess, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Yakuza 5, and any video game news about Persona 5, Final Fantasy 15, and Kingdom Hearts 3, as I do not fully trust that any of those will see the light of day state side this coming year.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Soundout
Number 6
Number 6
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Soundout »

By far my game of the year is Bayonetta 2. That game is pretty much perfect. It's the reason to buy a Wii U. As for next year, I can't wait for Xenoblade Chronicles X and Monster Hunter 4.
Cyclone! Joker!
Secret Identity
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Secret Identity »

By far my game of the year is Bayonetta 2. That game is pretty much perfect. It's the reason to buy a Wii U. As for next year, I can't wait for Xenoblade Chronicles X and Monster Hunter 4.
I was hoping I wasn't going to be the only one mentioning Nintendo.

Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U
Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

As for 2015, I'm interested in Arkham Knight and Mortal Kombat X (though I'll need a system that can play them). I'm also looking forward to a bunch of Nintendo games, the new Star Fox in particular.
Currently Watching:
Ninninger, Drive, Ghost
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

My game of the year is Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Four whole games plus multiplayer for the price of one game. Plus, there's the remastered Halo 2 Anniversary.
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
Lanay
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: TOO SOON!

Post by Lanay »

Muscle March.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I have had my brain sucked out by Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth but I may have just hit my IDGAF point at a particularly obnoxious dungeon level I just reached. I've also been having my wallet hoovered out by Deadman's Cross, Square Enix's ridiculously addictive zombie card battle game.

Honorable mention goes to Dragon Age Origins, which I just started playing this year when Origin gave out free copies.

Return to “Games”