Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Game of the year 2014?

Post by DarkCrusnik »

Could it be an old game that I discovered in 2014?
If no, then its kingdom hearts 2.5
If yes then its guild wars 2 :p
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I tend to not play games until they're a few years old, so the most recently released game I've played was Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. So I guess it's that. That's my favourite game of 2014 by default, unless Arkham Origins came out in 2014 and not 2013 like I think it did.

Looking forward to MGSV: the Phantom Pain in the next year :V
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

DarkCrusnik wrote:Could it be an old game that I discovered in 2014?
KH HD II.5 is pretty high up on my list, but I'm gonna have to go with...both versions of Super Smash Bros. 4. It couldn't be more perfect for me and it's been well worth the wait since the release of Brawl. My runner-up goes to Mario Kart 8. Nintendo did a REALLY good job on it, the graphics, rewarding skill at driving rather then having to rely on the items too much and the soundtrack-good GOD it's gorgeous, especially the new Rainbow Road theme. I wanted to cry when I first heard it xD. On a side note, as someone who's been playing Guild Wars 2 since launch, I WELCOME YOU TO THE FANDOM!!! If your looking for a guild, let me know and I'll send you an invite!
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

WannaFantaMan wrote:
DarkCrusnik wrote:Could it be an old game that I discovered in 2014?
KH HD II.5 is pretty high up on my list, but I'm gonna have to go with...both versions of Super Smash Bros. 4. It couldn't be more perfect for me and it's been well worth the wait since the release of Brawl. My runner-up goes to Mario Kart 8. Nintendo did a REALLY good job on it, the graphics, rewarding skill at driving rather then having to rely on the items too much and the soundtrack-good GOD it's gorgeous, especially the new Rainbow Road theme. I wanted to cry when I first heard it xD. On a side note, as someone who's been playing Guild Wars 2 since launch, I WELCOME YOU TO THE FANDOM!!! If your looking for a guild, let me know and I'll send you an invite!
Hahahahaha well...im sorry
I HATE smashbros
I tried to love it
I really did
then the fire nation attacked XD
no, my friends came over, 5 people, and I lost all the matches T^T
FIGHTING GAME RULE #1
the game you dont win at, SUCKS!
well, I dont have a guild, but im planning to make one for all my friends, since we talk 24/7 on kik and stuff

but thanks for the invite, I still want to play with you! :D
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

My 2 favorite games are flash games you can play for example on armorgames.

Gemcraft Chasing Shadows : a tower defense. Gemcraft is a game series in which you can craft gems (oooohreally ?) to put in your towers to kill bugs and spider-like monsters. You can later come back when you're stronger with a bigger difficulty to get more XP. I spent evenings playint this game.

My second favorite game is Clicker Heroes. However I decided to stop playing because it took too much time. I even spent my break time at work to optimize and calculate the fastest way to level up. It is very simple, and addictive.

But I will look at Persona Q. Graphics are horrible but since I love Etrian Odyssey series...

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
Yoshimoon
Infinity
Favorite series: Sailor Moon
2nd Favorite Series: Mahou Sentai Magiran
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Shin Megami Tensei
Quote: Tenkuu no hoshi, Tenousei wo shugo ni motsu, hishou no senshi, Sailor Uranus!

Post by Yoshimoon »

I feel like most of my 2014 was spent playing games from 2013. The single best gaming experience I had all year was playing Etrian Odyssey IV over the summer, a game from 2013. It prepared me for Persona Q which is my favorite new 3DS this year.

On the Wii U, the best game I played is Smash Bros. I hated the 3DS version, but really love it on the Wii U.

For the 360, I was really into Lightning Returns. I know everyone hates on that game, but I really enjoyed the combat very much. The best DLC I have played this year is State of Decay: Lifeline. The main game of State of Decay is my favorite zombie game of all time, and Lifeline added some pretty cool content. I hope to see more State of Decay in the future.

As for 2015, I'm looking forward to Persona 5, the various Etrian Odyssey games, the remaining episodes of Telltale's Borderlands and Game of Thrones, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Xenoblade.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Xillia 2 or Hearts R for me. Possibly the Tales Fan in me speaking.
Cthulhu
Infinity
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Go over time and space

Post by Cthulhu »

Secret Identity wrote:
By far my game of the year is Bayonetta 2. That game is pretty much perfect. It's the reason to buy a Wii U. As for next year, I can't wait for Xenoblade Chronicles X and Monster Hunter 4.
I was hoping I wasn't going to be the only one mentioning Nintendo.

Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U
Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

As for 2015, I'm interested in Arkham Knight and Mortal Kombat X (though I'll need a system that can play them). I'm also looking forward to a bunch of Nintendo games, the new Star Fox in particular.
Smash for me as well and Wonderfull 101
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Bayonetta 2.

There was no game better than it this year. Sadly it is a exclusive on a bad and unpopular console and a lot of people are just ignoring the game.
Final Vent!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

It's only an exclusive on Wii U because absolutely nobody else wanted to fund the game. Platinum consistantly makes great games, so that's really on everyone else for not chomping at the bit to snag a sequel to a well-received Stylin' Action game.

I'd love to hear your rationale for the Wii U being a bad console.
Dynaman777
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Actor?: Toshiro Mifune
Favorite Band: I Fight Dragons
Quote: 天下御免!!
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Dynaman777 »

For me it was a mix of things.

The Evil Within, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., Phoenix Wright + Professor Layton, Samurai Warriors 4, 5 Nights at Freddy's.

I'm really looking forward to the new Batman game! I met Kevin Conroy earlier this year and we talked about it for a little while. He basically told me that he loved what he got to say in the game and that I should be ready for my mind to be blown!

Other than that, I don't really know of anything else huge coming up that's in my interests. I'm sure 2015 will bring some really fun games though! :)
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

dancercotillion wrote:It's only an exclusive on Wii U because absolutely nobody else wanted to fund the game. Platinum consistantly makes great games, so that's really on everyone else for not chomping at the bit to snag a sequel to a well-received Stylin' Action game.

I'd love to hear your rationale for the Wii U being a bad console.
Its bad because it's inferior to the other 2 consoles and bayonetta 2 its a game that could have been done exactly or even better in PS3 or PS4 (xbox 360/xbox one)

People are not going to get this console just for Bayonetta 2 and if you are not a Nintendo fan there is nothing more in this console. Also the big companies and companies that made this kind of games like Capcom are not supporting the wii U and they always make games for the other 2 consoles.

Wii U should have been the console than nintendo needed in the last generation not now. It is too late to try to earn back the hardcore fans... I bought my wii u just for bayonetta 2 and now that I'm almost done with the game and don't have anything other similar games to play.
Final Vent!

Return to “Games”