Batman Arkham Knight (Please spoiler tag any potential spoilers)

Super Console Wars: Original Generation
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Batman Arkham Knight (Please spoiler tag any potential spoilers)

Post by takenoko »

Batman Arkham Knight for PS4
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Last Gaming Purchase????!!!!!ONEONE

Post by Catastrophe »

Arkham Knight. Fantastic game.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I know right? I can't believe people were complaining about the story.

So have you experienced any bugs with it? I've had mine crash a few times. And the first few days, it would rain indoors.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

takenoko wrote:I know right? I can't believe people were complaining about the story.

So have you experienced any bugs with it? I've had mine crash a few times. And the first few days, it would rain indoors.
I know it wasn't aimed at me, but weirdy I have ran into zero bugs with Arkham Knight, and that includes some sessions where I'd play it till 4 am in the morning. Only issue I had was how long it took to fully download even when the game was downloaded. Like, I was playing the game and yet for 8 hours I couldn't do the Riddler side quest.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I got the game during my lunch hour and thought "Cool. Let me pop it in so it can download all the updates, and it'll be good to go tonight". I come back from work and start it up, I end up waiting another hour or two to download the preorder code stuff that I entered.

So much care and details go into these games. It's just amazing. I spend the first few hours just going "Man, there's so much atmospheric dialogue". Plus with some choices, I feel like I'm going to need another playthrough to see all the content. I haven't been checking in at the police department as often as I should (but it's pretty easy to overdo it and not have any new dialogue at all). I think there are a lot of amazing scenes (especially with a fairly spoilery part of the game) but one of my favorites is walking out of Gotham PD and catching the cops taking selfies in front of the Batmobile. So good.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Re: Batman Arkham Knight (Please spoiler tag any potential spoilers)

Post by WannaFantaMan »

IMO, Arkham Knight is the GREATEST BATMAN GAME EVER!!! Even more so then Arkham City IMO x3. I also think they should do another Arkham game set in Neo-Gotham with Terry as Batman (with Will Freddle coming back to voice him again) and if they do a good job with
Spoiler
how Bruce comes back from his "quote unquote death" at the end of the game
it could be just as good :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I liked Arkham Knight, but I definitely feel like Arkham City was stronger. It felt like the different villains was stronger and there were stronger boss battles in City.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Arkham Knight, I felt was a fine end to a specific arc. It wasn't the strongest, but had some of the strongest points to the three games I had played and were done by the same studio. Admittedly, cause I know a fair amount of comic book history, I basically knew who the Arkham Knight was, when the pre-order DLC was announced. But while that was a storyline in the game, that didn't feel like THE driving storyline. Asylum, was clearly the story for establishing that you get to fight as Batman, an building up how you take on different groups. Arkham City felt like it was focused on establishing Batman's ideals, and how he won't waver from them. But Arkham Knight's story, be it the Arkham Knight himself, the threats from Scarecrow, or all the other madmen running the streets, it felt like the story of something a lot of Batman fiction seems to forget, or even does poorly with. The impossibility of it all. How, over decades, the slog of it all, the villains fought, the friends lost, and yet the struggles getting bigger and bigger, no matter how often Batman gets up to keep fighting, he specifically cannot be the sole warrior against crime. That he needs others he can trust, younger warriors able to take up the cowl, because he will not always be able to be there. That some day, the Batman will fail, and others will have to take his place... Least that's what I read from Arkham Knight.

Also
Spoiler
this game has the BEST interactions between Batman and The Joker that I've yet seen.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

It's alright. I would have preferred better execution of the game's story, or having Alan Burnett or Grant Morrison to be the main writer for the game to make the story better.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I thought that it was good. City was better though.

Return to “Games”