Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Developers have the option of blocking PS4 recordings

Post by takenoko »

So Batman Arkham Knight has a couple scenes that are blocked from recording (In fact, one's an entire boss fight). Maybe it was three.

But because of that, there's like a 40 minute blue screen in the middle of one of my videos while I try to fight (and fail) against a boss. That's ridiculous, even if the intention came from a good place.

Just kind of annoying, since I didn't know that was a thing that was possible. This, in addition to other problems I have with exporting videos to youtube from Twitch, makes me think it's time to just set up a different system for streaming/recording games.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Developers have the option of blocking PS4 recordings

Post by Catastrophe »

Sony recording has been limited for a while. A lot of Vita games prevent the screenshot function being used on animated stills, which is the only thing that I would ever want a screenshot of.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

But yea a little while after the PS4 was released they added the feature of some games basically blocked from recording to prevent spoilers for their games. I think like, first couple months people were using the share function a ton and spoiled the end of a couple games that then had worse sells then expected, I believe.

While I understand the want to not spoil an event, much like 'Do not share with your friends the shocking ending of Psycho' aspect of movies, I was bummed when I saw even when I wasn't recording the notification that recording was turned off during those two times. And really, if the reveal of the ending does harm to the sells of a game, with Twitch, and youtube, and LPs being a thing, I feel they should take the effort to take that dip in sells into account, not try to prevent the veal of said ending.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, I get that you'd want to stop that from happening for maybe the first couple of days. But it should expire after that.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

It is funny how they announced this feature as an improvement to record gameplays but then they do this, reducing the options.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, it's an option for people who don't want to set up a recording rig. I guess it's more option for the developers.

Return to “Games”