Garo / Final Fantasy XIV collaboration trailer

Super Console Wars: Original Generation
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Re: Garo / Final Fantasy XIV collaboration trailer

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Bam!

My carbuncle floating in the air, lmao.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Silentwolfdog wrote:Bam!

What is that one?!?!?
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Silentwolfdog
Save the life

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Raigo when he's in air.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Congrats, swd!!
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Silentwolfdog
Save the life

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Thanks! I ended up resorting to Feast to finish it off to get Raigo mount. Much faster at least, but nearly make me throw my controller against the wall lol.
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

God, I know right? My friend and I had to do Feast in 10-win chunks as by the end of every session I was starting to get homicidal. I'll finish out my Raigo wins via Shatter, as that also will give a +1 to the blue ADS mount achievement.
envedges
Infinity

Re: Garo Gaiden DVD ver2 Released

Post by envedges »

mholden020 wrote:
It's not very difficult to get, just time consuming. A full set of gear (without belt, earrings, necklace, or rings) will cost you 20,000 Wolves Marks, the PvP currency. At best, assuming you won every match, that would be just at 20 Frontline matches. Factor in the 1000 mark bonus for the Daily roulette and you can take the number down. The good thing is that you also get timestones for the PvE gear way faster than other methods, so you're really covering all the bases with it. It took me 9 days to complete four sets of Knight armor (PLD, DK, DRG, NIN), Garo's sword and shield, and Zero's Ginga mount. It's time consuming for sure, but worth it.

Every piece of gear is level 60 (ilvl 235), but it's possible that the Glamour versions coming later will not be level-locked, however they probably won't have any stars either. If you haven't found it yet, head to the Wolves Den Pier and look for the Disreputable Priest NPC. It's Rekka, hard to miss.
Just finish my Dan Armor today, though it's kind of annoying that they called him Dam instead of Dan, but is not as bad as Funimation calling Makai Houshi as Alchemist. I'm still not confident in my abilities, so I mostly have been doing the unrated 8v8 match fight at the Wolves Den Pier which I'm curious if that qualifies for the Goten mount.
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

"Dam" is a mistranslation, and while I'm disappointed it was not fixed in 3.51, I imagine changing the spoilery 3.5 title was a higher priority. Hopefully more text fixes will come in 3.55 and 3.56 as I'm annoyed at people taking the title as a joke.
mholden020
Gabu
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher

Post by mholden020 »

envedges wrote:Just finish my Dan Armor today, though it's kind of annoying that they called him Dam instead of Dan, but is not as bad as Funimation calling Makai Houshi as Alchemist. I'm still not confident in my abilities, so I mostly have been doing the unrated 8v8 match fight at the Wolves Den Pier which I'm curious if that qualifies for the Goten mount.
It does, that's what I've been doing. 10 Frontline wins for Ginga, 30 Feast wins for Goten, and any combination for 60 wins for Raigo. I'm not sure if the 4v4 Ranked qualifies for Goten as I haven't ventured into that. I don't take it seriously enough and don't want to ruin the fun for those who really enjoy it, so I keep my antics to the unranked stuff. :D

For the sake of science, I actually began timing each match of PvP I've been in and finding a "Marks per second" stat for the various game types. Even though the Feast only gives out a maximum of 500 marks per game, it's been about 4x more efficient to farm marks that way instead of spamming Frontline over and over. Specifically, I was getting about 1.2 marks/sec in Frontline, while the Feast was around 5 marks/sec. I did not include the 1000 mark bonus for the daily though because that would obviously skew everything towards Frontline. So, for anyone who is looking to gather these marks quickly to stockpile all the gear, like I am, the Feast seems to be the way to go despite the fact that you don't get nearly as many. PLUS, you don't have to deal with the idiots since chat is disabled in Feast!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

mholden020 wrote:PLUS, you don't have to deal with the idiots since chat is disabled in Feast!
Unless you are the idiot. (General "you" not specific "you".) Lord knows I've had some Feast matches where I was completely braindead. Could've used someone to re-focus me.

If your goal is purely Wolf Marks per minute then yeah Feast is probably more productive, but Frontlines (specifically Seize and Shatter) all give you +1 to special mount and gear, which imo is worth more in the long run.
mholden020
Gabu
-Michael Schumacher

Post by mholden020 »

VerusMaya II wrote:
mholden020 wrote:PLUS, you don't have to deal with the idiots since chat is disabled in Feast!
Unless you are the idiot. (General "you" not specific "you".) Lord knows I've had some Feast matches where I was completely braindead. Could've used someone to re-focus me.
Trust me, I've had my fair share of games where I was about as effective as an umbrella in an artillery strike. :lol:
Completed Series:
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

That is a fantastic analogy for some of the parties I've had the, uh, pleasure of fighting.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life

Post by Silentwolfdog »

How about Monster Hunter x Final Fantasy x Garo crossover? https://i.redd.it/mfyvwmphukcy.png

I def want to do that, since we get two Kiba gears for two jobs anyhow. lol
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

mholden020 wrote:
It does, that's what I've been doing. 10 Frontline wins for Ginga, 30 Feast wins for Goten, and any combination for 60 wins for Raigo. I'm not sure if the 4v4 Ranked qualifies for Goten as I haven't ventured into that. I don't take it seriously enough and don't want to ruin the fun for those who really enjoy it, so I keep my antics to the unranked stuff. :D

For the sake of science, I actually began timing each match of PvP I've been in and finding a "Marks per second" stat for the various game types. Even though the Feast only gives out a maximum of 500 marks per game, it's been about 4x more efficient to farm marks that way instead of spamming Frontline over and over. Specifically, I was getting about 1.2 marks/sec in Frontline, while the Feast was around 5 marks/sec. I did not include the 1000 mark bonus for the daily though because that would obviously skew everything towards Frontline. So, for anyone who is looking to gather these marks quickly to stockpile all the gear, like I am, the Feast seems to be the way to go despite the fact that you don't get nearly as many. PLUS, you don't have to deal with the idiots since chat is disabled in Feast!
Finally got the Goten mount. Spend the entire day doing PvP which I do not recommend doing in that timeframe considering I almost lost my sanity after having a lot of consecutive losts. I found out that you don't have to do ranked stuff which is great. I'm still a novice, the chance of me winning is like 1 in 3.
Silentwolfdog wrote:How about Monster Hunter x Final Fantasy x Garo crossover? https://i.redd.it/mfyvwmphukcy.png

I def want to do that, since we get two Kiba gears for two jobs anyhow. lol
Funny thing, Final Fantasy basically copy Monster Hunter with their Bismarck as Mohren and Vishap as Lao Shan Lung in that game. Yes, it would be awesome to see Garo in Monster Hunter, which I am wondering will Garo's weapon be reborn as Sword and Shield and with the Shield being invisible again. I also do want Ex-Aid characters to be in both games too. I could see Ex-Aid being Hammer and possibly Long Sword user in Monster Hunter and in Final Fantasy as Monk, Brave as Sword and Shield in MH and Paladin in FF, Snipe as Light Bowgun in MH and Machinist in FF, and Lazer as Dual Blade and Bow in MH and Ninja and Bard in FF. Also we should an exclusive version costume like Dragon Knight Hunter ones in MH and Brave in his Level 50 form for FF.
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

Welp, been Frontlining all night and think I've only won once. Seems a lot of premades are running right now. :/ I don't wanna quit playing though, cos I'm having fun, but it.... really sucks to keep losing so handily. Stuck at 49/60 for Raigo, though I guess at least I'm getting Marks for the gear... >_>

Return to “Games”