Garo / Final Fantasy XIV collaboration trailer

Super Console Wars: Original Generation
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Re: Garo / Final Fantasy XIV collaboration trailer

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Can't do anything about which servers you are locked into, but heard that next patch will allow party finder to be cross-servers. Although, no idea if that will work with pvp or that it's just for trial/dungeon/raid. So glad they are getting rid of GC pvp, hopefully to help with queue time.
Have been trying to join Linkshells to find others interested in Garo events, managed to find random one that's into toku stuff lol. Kinda make me wonder if he uses tv-nihon to watch it.

If anyone is on Cactuar server, I am there.

Speaking of that, for anyone who plans to work on Garo event, what is your first gear set u want to get? For me it's probably Summoner and Dragoon which means generic makai priest set and Dan. After that hopefully I can get rest set but we will see...depends on how bad queue time is and etc.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I'm going for the DRG set first (Tsubasa's armor) though honestly, it'll depend how they're acquired. If it's just straight up Wolf Mark purchases then it'll be more or less haphazard with armor first then priest sets. (The priest sets don't look quite as good on male models.)

I'm sure, since they're removing GC requirements, and everyone is excited about this event, that queue times will be just fine. I'm hoping I get lots of Shatter pops so I can also work on my blue ADS mount achievement!
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
ExKage
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ExKage »

VerusMaya II wrote: That said, I'd love to welcome anyone still determined to play onto my server, but Gilgamesh is locked in perpetuity. :^)
Better Gilgamesh than Balmung, which is the server I am on.

Honestly I am a little mehh about the PVP part since I was into frontlines in the very beginning (and some Wolves' Den way back when) but I stopped when queue times were 5hrs+ before they added the different types. The very first game I went into fore the new frontlines and I got berated after repeatedly saying "Hey I haven't been in frontlines in over a year, where should we focus?" when the gc lost the match miserably. Thankfully they're lowering costs for items and also giving out more wolf marks.

(hello I am new to the forums though I've followed TV-Nihon on/off for like 4 years. GAROxFFXIV seemed like a good time to say hello pfft)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Welcome! We can always use more Garo fans.
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

ExKage wrote: Better Gilgamesh than Balmung, which is the server I am on.
I'm so sorry. JUST KIDDING, I'm sure Balmung is just fine when you're not in the Quicksand. :p
ExKage wrote:Honestly I am a little mehh about the PVP part since I was into frontlines in the very beginning (and some Wolves' Den way back when) but I stopped when queue times were 5hrs+ before they added the different types. The very first game I went into fore the new frontlines and I got berated after repeatedly saying "Hey I haven't been in frontlines in over a year, where should we focus?" when the gc lost the match miserably.
It's likely going to be a complete trainwreck for the first 1 - 2 weeks as newcomers and returners get used to how things work in all the modes, so keep your skin thick until it all evens out. If you need any tips, there have been lots of great guides posted lately to the subreddit.
ExKage wrote:(hello I am new to the forums though I've followed TV-Nihon on/off for like 4 years. GAROxFFXIV seemed like a good time to say hello pfft)
Welcome! It's always nice to hear from new people. :D
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

And the requirements for the Garo mounts aaaaare~

Ah, fuck, here I was trying to avoid ever stepping foot into the Feast but here we are. :( Minimum 30 wins required, as the last mount seems to read as though I can fill the rest with Frontline wins.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Ugghhh...that's my fear...30...and 60?!

But yeah, was afraid that achievements for mounts were tied to winning. Hate this because there were time where my team didn't win for for many matches. Making a whole thing a chore since it's out of my control unlike fate grinding or whatever.

In other word, I think out of 30 something frontline, I've only won...5 of it? orz...

Here goes many sleepless nights...
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

Honestly 60 isn't horrible. You've got minimum 30 Feast wins + minimum 10 Frontline wins = already at 40 of 60 wins for the last achievement. Considering you need increments of 100, 200, and iirc 300, for the other PVP mounts it's a pretty nice deal.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Maybe not to you, but it's horrible to me.

Got fed up toward end of Feast matches...what should one do then? Then this happened...let's murder everyone if I can...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGsoIHhMrlE

But yeah I got the first two mounts, now just working toward the last mount, Kiba's horse. Then after that I am never touching pvp again once I get all titles and gears.
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

New CM featuring the face of the Garo franchise! And the staff will have dialogue to sub this time ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He91-W9NFNM
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

VerusMaya II wrote:I'm going for the DRG set first (Tsubasa's armor) though honestly, it'll depend how they're acquired. If it's just straight up Wolf Mark purchases then it'll be more or less haphazard with armor first then priest sets. (The priest sets don't look quite as good on male models.)
Hey Verus, have you gotten the full set yet? I just got the last piece of Zero's set and got the title "Zero", and have noticed that some of the Dragoons have "Dam" as the title. There's no way that's Tsubasa's Knight name, right?? That's gotta be a typo...
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I mean, the n/m in Japanese is interchangeable. I've never understood what Amemiya was going for with Tsubasa's knight name, to be honest.
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

mholden020 wrote: Hey Verus, have you gotten the full set yet? I just got the last piece of Zero's set and got the title "Zero", and have noticed that some of the Dragoons have "Dam" as the title. There's no way that's Tsubasa's Knight name, right?? That's gotta be a typo...
I've gotten the full Garo and Zero set, halfway through Tsubasa's now. The title is just a mistranslation; I doubt Koji Fox (who approves all of the JP -> EN translations) knows much about Garo, and patch 3.5 has the most typos, word swaps, and outright text errors that I've seen in any patch to date. I'm sure they were rushed since they're likely finalizing 4.0.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

VerusMaya II wrote:
mholden020 wrote: Hey Verus, have you gotten the full set yet? I just got the last piece of Zero's set and got the title "Zero", and have noticed that some of the Dragoons have "Dam" as the title. There's no way that's Tsubasa's Knight name, right?? That's gotta be a typo...
I've gotten the full Garo and Zero set, halfway through Tsubasa's now. The title is just a mistranslation; I doubt Koji Fox (who approves all of the JP -> EN translations) knows much about Garo, and patch 3.5 has the most typos, word swaps, and outright text errors that I've seen in any patch to date. I'm sure they were rushed since they're likely finalizing 4.0.
I honestly haven't seen any of the 3.5 content because I've spent so much time at the Wolves Den trying to get all the gear. I made my first character over a year ago (named Rekka) and this is really wild that they've even done this collaboration. I feel like my FC is getting tired of my Level 10 nerd-fest over the past few days, lol.

I just tried this: if you google "Makai Knight Dam", it says "Did you mean: makai knight dan". I can't imagine they'd be trying to change it after all the wikis and references to Tsubasa all use "Dan", and even Google says I was wrong! :lol:
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

Also, couple days ago I got enough Frontline wins for the Ginga mount. Slowly working my way towards Goten (10/30 Feast) and Raigo (20-something/60 all).

Return to “Games”