Garo / Final Fantasy XIV collaboration trailer

Super Console Wars: Original Generation
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: Garo / Final Fantasy XIV collaboration trailer

Post by mholden020 »

AHHHH.. jealous. I think I've played 30 or 40 rounds of frontline and so far have 2 wins. Two. There's probably no hope for me at all to get all three of them.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Wow, have your groups been really bad? You're on Aether data center yeah? If you have freelancer turned on you should end up with a 33% win rate minimum. Keep at it, the more you do it the more you'll learn the intracacies of each mode.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Yikes. That remind me of something that happened two nights ago. Even though I have got Ginga by doing frontline during the week patch came out when winning ratio was rather decent. But winning ratio pummeled over the weekend when I tried to help someone I know getting his Ginga and Kiba's horse for myself.
Played for 8 hours or whatever, none of us ended up with either mount.

Never knew about m/n thing with Dan's name. I thought they were trying to cuss or something when they gave me a title of "Dam..." lol. I think Dan toys I had spelt his name as Dan but yeah I dunno.

Good news is that, Garo event is likely to last until 4.0 and perhaps for a while after. Ginga needs a lowest winning ratio out of all three mounts, def don't give up if you really want it.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

Yeah win consistency is going to be rough for a little bit as more and more new people dive in. I imagine it plummeted for you as the weekend warriors logged on to play.
mholden020
Gabu
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher

Post by mholden020 »

VerusMaya II wrote:Wow, have your groups been really bad? You're on Aether data center yeah? If you have freelancer turned on you should end up with a 33% win rate minimum. Keep at it, the more you do it the more you'll learn the intracacies of each mode.
They've been incredibly bad. Since Sunday, there have been five games where my team was leading with one giant crystal left, the entire team scattered and the other teams camped the big crystal. First to third in a matter of 20 seconds every time. I've turned on freelancer and it's gotten a little better, but man there are some doofuses on here. I think I'm on Primal data center...i can't remember exactly, but Diabolos is the world.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
mholden020
Gabu
-Michael Schumacher

Post by mholden020 »

Won two matches today, up to 5 now. Also completed Dan's armor, so that's a plus. However, one loss was so tremendous that the chat war may still be playing out. Here's the score, should be fairly obvious which team I was on :lol:

Completed Series:
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

Ah, Primal. The only thing I know about your data center is that you guys crash more often than the rest of us combined lmfao

That scoreboard though... holy shit. What did you guys do, feed Mael? Yikes!
mholden020
Gabu
-Michael Schumacher

Post by mholden020 »

Ah...I thought all these connection deals were a "feature", good to know we're unique!

That match was impressive. There was an entire group that believed kills were worth more than the crystals, and that group kept dragging both teams back to where everyone else was. Once the chat war started, I just sat at the base hidden and waited for the end. They were still fussing and cussing when I left.
Completed Series:
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Haven't won lately. Think I will have to go back to doing Feast to grab last mount instead of Frontline. Dunno.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

I'm 20/30 for Goten and something like 33/60 for Raigo. Should only be another 1 - 2 weeks then I'll be done with the event and can focus on Zurvan EX *w*
mholden020
Gabu
-Michael Schumacher

Post by mholden020 »

Managed to somehow find the blessing of the RNG gods and netted four Frontline wins today and got the Ginga mount. All told: 67 matches played for 10 wins (began counting after getting the Zero title). I also started keeping track of which team was finishing in which place and noticed it was skewing heavily in favor of the Flames, while the Maelstrom was hit-or-miss, and I never won while I was with the Adders. The biggest problem, by far, is that people don't seem to understand that the crystals give out a tremendous amount of points, and instead spend their time getting killed when they run off to get kills. That, or half the team freaks out when the base gets stolen and they all leave to run back to it, which means they aren't helping to finish off the crystal...then a chat war starts so nothing gets done.

It's a freaking crapshoot Silentwolfdog. What I wound up having to do was echo the chat callouts that the more experienced people were sending, and every time someone said, "Our base is under attack!", responding with "Let them have it. This crystal's more important." If we could shut down the base-guards quickly we'd have an early lead that was, in most cases, insurmountable. Since nabbing Ginga I've gone to the Feast which has been a good bit of fun, plus it seems like I can get more marks in a shorter period doing that. I don't even like competitive multiplayer games at all, but I enjoy the Feast! I finished up Garo's armor today and have 3/5 for Kiba's Dark Knight set. If I keep chugging along it's very possible I could wind up with all of them and not need any of the Gold Saucer glamour pieces coming in the future. Plus, I'll have ilvl 235 stuff for every class when they get to 60 :D
Completed Series:
envedges
Infinity

Re: Garo Gaiden DVD ver2 Released

Post by envedges »

In regards to the FFXIV CM, Also does anyone here play Final Fantasy 14? I just started playing last month just because of the Garo exclusive content, and for those who are curious the content are available internationally. However they are all end game armor, but from what I heard from my friends, they are not too hard to get, except for the horse/mounts, and they going to have the content for about 6 months for what I heard, so it's not too late to play the game and you can level up to the max level of 60 in a month or less. If anyone is interested, my friends and I are in the Leviathan (NA) server, in addition we are toku fans, so we also have toku group there too.
Last edited by Lunagel on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with already ongoing thread -Lunagel
mholden020
Gabu
-Michael Schumacher

Re: Garo Gaiden DVD ver2 Released

Post by mholden020 »

envedges wrote:In regards to the FFXIV CM, Also does anyone here play Final Fantasy 14? I just started playing last month just because of the Garo exclusive content, and for those who are curious the content are available internationally. However they are all end game armor, but from what I heard from my friends, they are not too hard to get, except for the horse/mounts, and they going to have the content for about 6 months for what I heard, so it's not too late to play the game and you can level up to the max level of 60 in a month or less. If anyone is interested, my friends and I are in the Leviathan (NA) server, in addition we are toku fans, so we also have toku group there too.
It's not very difficult to get, just time consuming. A full set of gear (without belt, earrings, necklace, or rings) will cost you 20,000 Wolves Marks, the PvP currency. At best, assuming you won every match, that would be just at 20 Frontline matches. Factor in the 1000 mark bonus for the Daily roulette and you can take the number down. The good thing is that you also get timestones for the PvE gear way faster than other methods, so you're really covering all the bases with it. It took me 9 days to complete four sets of Knight armor (PLD, DK, DRG, NIN), Garo's sword and shield, and Zero's Ginga mount. It's time consuming for sure, but worth it.

Every piece of gear is level 60 (ilvl 235), but it's possible that the Glamour versions coming later will not be level-locked, however they probably won't have any stars either. If you haven't found it yet, head to the Wolves Den Pier and look for the Disreputable Priest NPC. It's Rekka, hard to miss.
Completed Series:
VerusMaya II
Humongous

Post by VerusMaya II »

VerusMaya II wrote:Going to repost something I wrote elsewhere on the forums, as an advisory to those considering buying the game just for this event:

FFXIV is very story-involved, with near everything locked behind the main story quests. If you're going to buy the game and pay for subscription time just for the crossover event (which is only scheduled to last for another 4~6 months, so time is ticking), please be aware of this. You'll be able to get the undyeable versions of the armor through the Gold Saucer and its currency, which is available at a lower level, but it'll likely be a massive grind. The dyeable versions - and the mounts - are through PVP, which is for players at level cap (60). If you want to get everything, you've got a huge time sink in front of you. I do not recommend buying the game just for the event. You will burn out; there are no WoW-esque jump potions.

That said, I'd love to welcome anyone still determined to play onto my server, but Gilgamesh is locked in perpetuity. :^)
Please read.

That said,

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector