Super Console Wars: Original Generation
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Re: PS3/PSN Handles

Post by harpdevil »

victorstillwater wrote:Question: if you don't live in America, can you still make an American account to purchase stuff on the PS3 with?
You can make a US account to use the US store, however you won't be able to add your debit/credit card details to it because it checks the address you registered with your card company. You could, however, buy a PSN card on ebay and put money in your US wallet that way.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
victorstillwater
IXA
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by victorstillwater »

harpdevil wrote:
victorstillwater wrote:Question: if you don't live in America, can you still make an American account to purchase stuff on the PS3 with?
You can make a US account to use the US store, however you won't be able to add your debit/credit card details to it because it checks the address you registered with your card company. You could, however, buy a PSN card on ebay and put money in your US wallet that way.
Oh okay. That's definitely a good thing then. I was thinking of buying Borderlands either on the PS3 or the PC, and I could get the DLC for it one way or another. :) Thank you!
Victor Stillwater:
Former Professional Blogger and Tech Support Rep. Giant Robot Pilot. Kamen Rider-in-training.

Visit my NEW blog of games and geekery at http://iamstillwater.wordpress.com
Triple M
Destron Emperor
Favorite series: Destron
2nd Favorite Series: Destron
Dreamy: Destron
Favorite Actor?: Destron
Favorite Band: Destron
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Destron
Quote: *HAIL DESTRON*
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Triple M »

Triple_M_5200
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

Genesis2650 I don't play my PS3 much though, online especially, i'm only playing it now cause of FFXIII; which belongs on the Playstation.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

victorstillwater wrote:Question: if you don't live in America, can you still make an American account to purchase stuff on the PS3 with? I have an account, but I made it singaporean even though I live in the Philippines because I thought it was ok, but now I'm not so sure.
you can but every time you want to play something you bought on the european store you'd have to reset your ps3
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
KMR-DAN-O
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by KMR-DAN-O »

Hi everyone

my psn handle is SHIN_DAN
VitaVeritas
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Blade, Den-O, Kabuto
Dreamy: Nozomi and Hana
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Taosu Kedo ee o Ne? KOTAE WA KITTENAI!

Post by VitaVeritas »

PSN is VitaVeritas and yes I have a mic, I have Bioshock 1-2, COD MW 2, Just Cause 2, and some others I forgot the name of o_o

HENSHIN! TURN APU! HENSHIN! TURN APU!
Henshin. Changu!
HENSHIN! OPEN APU!
Henshin. Open Apu! Henshin Open Apu! Henshin! Open Apu!
GcnMaster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: DaiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Labor Day
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by GcnMaster »

If anyone wants to play I am available pretty much most of the time.
PSN: DecaDang

I have:

Rainbow Six: Vegas
LittleBigPlanet
Modern Warfare 2
Super Street Fighter IV
Metal Gear Solid 4
Resident Evil 5
Gran Turismo 5

Just lemme know where you're from and we'll play. A PM would be good too, but not necessary since I generally check my PS3 frequently.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I've got SSF 4 and MGO, but lately I've been playing Peacewalker. Finally got a game going with a friend last night

The guys in the IRC channel were talking about possible group games and were wondering how the Little Big Planet experience is. I've heard good things myself
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by harpdevil »

takenoko wrote:I've got SSF 4 and MGO, but lately I've been playing Peacewalker. Finally got a game going with a friend last night

The guys in the IRC channel were talking about possible group games and were wondering how the Little Big Planet experience is. I've heard good things myself
LBP is great fun and certainly has a real charm to it, though I think it really shines when you're playing with other people. The levels are creative, fun and challenging, and have plenty in them to keep you coming back. There is so much to unlock both to dress your sackboy and to use in the create mode, as well as finding keys to unlock mini challanges and two-player areas that need to be tackled together to get all the prize bubbles. Playing LBP in single player is still fun, it's just much easier to get frustrated by its small faults. The jumping is fairly floaty and imprecise, which can lead to some unfair deaths. Every level is on 3 layers (fore, middle and back) and the game is not always brilliant at knowing which one to switch you on to. You can manually swap between them with the left stick, so its more of an irritation than anything.

The create mode is huge, to the point that I've been fairly overwhelmed by it. There are over 2 million user created levels and i have been blown away by what people have done with the system, if you were interested in making your own levels you wont be disappointed.

If you are interested in LBP, get it. It's a wonderful, charming game, and even better if you have friends who will join you on it as well, online or offline. Little Big Planet 2 is releasing next year so you might want to hold off for that, where you will be able to make any kind of game you can think of. If you can find the original for a cheap enough price i would go with that though. Get in there and give it a go, see what you think before shelling out $60 for the new one.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, part of me wants to wait for 2 to come out in case it completely outdates the original
GcnMaster
Kamen Knight

Post by GcnMaster »

There should be a demo, but that's pretty obvious. I don't know how the customize mode is on it, but it's fun all the same.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by harpdevil »

Also thinking about it, if you're interested in LBP can I also suggest Modnation Racers? A fantastic kart racer which absolutely rivals Mario Kart (before anyone asks). A cool vinyl-toy art style and great game mechanics like weapons that upgrade if you conserve them and drive over more power ups, and energy you can use to boost, attack or defend yourself (which means using it wisely, and can determine the outcome of a race even if you have been in first the whole time).

But for me where it shines is the create modes. The level of detail you can create racers, karts and tracks is amazing! Literally if you can imagine it, you can make it. I made W entirely with stickers on the demo alone, and I'm constantly astounded with what other users come up with. Every creation can be shared, remixed and shared again, and there's a hub area where you can meet other racers, go into races together or just show off your creations.

It becomes obsessive too, I can't get enough!
GcnMaster
Kamen Knight

Post by GcnMaster »

(copypasta)

Anyone wanna play MW2 or Super IV tomorrow? I'm going on vacation Wednesday and dunno how much I'll get to play but after August 10th I'll be available for about another week.
LordDais13
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Power Rangers
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Z from PR SPD
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Megadeth
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Darkness will seize the land, destroy all you hold dear & make playthings of your heroes. For I am the reaper of men, the chaser of souls, I am the weaver of nightmares, the heart of darkness. I am now & ever will be the purity of evil. An all encompassing darkness from which there is no mercy, no hope, no escape."

-The Undertaker-

Post by LordDais13 »

My PSN handle is LordDais13MDX. I don't really play my PS3 online that often. The only PS3 games that I play online is Transformers: War For Cybertron & Super Street Fighter IV. And even then it's once in a while. I do have some other game fighting games but I haven't played them online yet.

Return to “Games”