Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Prey 2017 - You VS aliens in a Art-Deco space station/homage to System Shock

Post by TypicalStandUser »

NOT to be confused with 2D Realms' 2006 game involving a Native-American man killing aliens in a spaceship. This is different and better, graphically and narrative-wise.

Bethesda's awful policy on reviews aside, Prey 2017 seems to be a very nice game to try. And mindscrewy if you play it more than once. Similar to Fallout/Dishonored, you can complete the game however you wish and get the results you want by being a dick or being a virtuous astronaut. One of this game's main writers is Chris Avellone AKA the Fallout franchise's most famous/infamous writer, so tread carefully.

Casting is interesting: Tim Kang (Kimball from the Mentalist)/Sumalee Montano (Veteran voice actress) is your player character Morgan Yu. Benedict Wong (Wong from Doctor Strange) is Alex Yu, the player character's elder brother. Mae Whitman (Tinkerbell, Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender) as Danielle Sho. Steve Blum (Spike Spiegel) is Walter Dahl, the hitman.
Spoiler
Walton Goggins (Justified, Vice Principals) in a cameo role as Inmate 13

Mick Gordon's soundtrack is awesome as always.

Once it goes on sale and patched (apparently there's a savefile problem in the PC version of the game), I'll grab it, play it and learn what Avellone wants people to learn when playing Prey.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Prey 2017 - You VS aliens in a Art-Deco space station/homage to System Shock

Post by takenoko »

I didn't know Chris Avellone wrote for this. It's a Bethesda game, so... I'll wait for the game to be patched. But overall, I'm hearing good things about it from the Wavepoint Radio podcast. Maybe a little too much though, since it sounds like they talked about some of the early surprises already.

Return to “Games”