Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

DOOM Eternal

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Quakecon's this weekend and they've kicked things off with the day one keynote that included the gameplay for the new game.

Notable additions:

1. New graphics engine: IdTech 7. This is interesting because this game will be out on PS4/X1/PC and the Switch and the latter has the outdated Nvidia Tegra graphics card. Wondering how Id's going to optimize the entire game.

2. Invasion Mode - the game's Player Data Sharing component where online players can connect to another player's campaign playthrough as demons to attack the player character. Totally optional, can be turned on/off.

3. In line with the new graphics engine, all enemies have extra models with varying battle damage depending on what body part the player character shot at. It might be a good way to determine how much life they have left before a player can glory kill them.

Jeannie Tirado (Android 21 of DragonBall Fighterz) is voicing the hologram spokesperson in the campaign, functioning similarly to the UAC hologram spokesperson from the 2016 game.

I have some speculation why there's no release date: Sure, it's in development.

In the coming months, Nvidia and Intel are planning to launch new PC hardware. Sure, Bethesda has a partnership with AMD, the company providing three of the four current-gen consoles their graphics cards as well as being the only company that LOVES the Vulkan Application-Programing Interface, present in the 2016 game and Wolfenstein 2. At a marketing viewpoint, however, id (being the very people who always prioritized their game creation for PC) and Bethesda can ride the 4K monitor wave and promote that the new game is possible to run on 4k, 60fps with either AMD's Vega 56/64 graphics cards and/or Nvidia's upcoming GPUs over the fall, in conjunction with AMD's Ryzen 2 processors and/or Intel's upcoming 9th generation processors. Additionally, the game could also make good use of the PS4 Pro/X1-X's beefier graphics cards to make 4K, 60fps gaming with that 4K TV possible.

This game better be hella good.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Re: DOOM Eternal

Post by nanamarfo »

This game looks amazing! Didn't play Doom 4 but this looks like that with more bells and whistles.
NOMarfo
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: DOOM Eternal - Out this 3/20/2020

Post by TypicalStandUser »

After a significant delay & missing the franchise's 25th anniversary, we're near its 3/20 release date.

I bought the game yesterday. Preloading on Steam is operational right now. My computer can handle the game at high graphics quality.

The Switch version better have Isabelle in some form.

The mission DLC may not be worth it based on how DLC missions from Wolfenstein 2 was handled. Oh, "Year 1 DLC"? Glory kill this bisonfeces.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.

Return to “Games”