DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Persona 5 Royal

Post by DaVinci030 »

Not gonna spoil the main story especially the Royal when the game blocks the screenshot/recording.

I have to be honest, I'm new to Persona 5 and I was kinda quick to like this game in my experience. It's more than just story and adventure but daily life activities with social stats, hang out with friends and/or acquaintances,
Spoiler
roaming in the underground train stations where you are to fight the Shadows and obtain the items, but luckily I maxed their party's level to 99 before proceeding the endgame.
This main story really captures my heart and "didn't see that coming", even though I have my best moments and emotional moments in the game. NGL, the characters, especially the girls and a new character in the game are adorable. I've been playing this for like more than 130 hours iirc and still counting for "Merciless" NG+. Oh right, I went with Japanese voices so that I can hear more of their lines.

Although the ratings from Metacritic are pretty high, I highly recommend this game. If you haven't played the original, then it's your chance to start playing the game.

5/5

Trivia:
- The opening animation of P5R was produced by MAPPA under Yuichiro Hayashi (Garo -Honoo no Kokuin- / Garo -Divine Flame- / Attack on Titan Final Season)
- This game has tokusatsu references, particularly Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. If you were playing with voices set to Japanese, you'll hear what's coming.

hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Persona 5 Royal

Post by hiro9796 »

I'm not sure if I am going to get a console and buy the new game but I sort of watched the non-commentary walkthrough of the originals on youtube. Honestly, I'm not sure if I wanted to play the new one. Probably might just watch the walkthrough on youtube. But for Kingdom Hearts 3, I would definitely wanted to play myself instead. Since Persona series is a turn based gameplay for battles and long time grinding, I'm not really a fan of it now.

I did play Persona 3 FES myself and find it boring to play it again since I prefer actual action more like Batman Arkham series and Kingdom Hearts (Chain of Memories is just a no-no for me. I'm so bad with cards) more than having reality choice making decision. Although I would admit, Persona 5 does save a lot more time than previous persona game since it has a location selection functions so you can just save time with travelling by just selecting shortcuts of location you want to go instead of walking from one place to the other. I still wish Persona 5 reduced their use of violence a bit more and...
Spoiler
I don't like the idea of having a cart of Penis or a demon sitting on a toilet bowl as one of my Persona. That's sick.

But I would say that Persona 5 and Persona 4 had a better ending than Persona 3 since the protagonist does not have to die. It's just so heartwrenching to see you got a harem of girls including a robot girl but you don't live long enough to further your relationship with them.
Last edited by hiro9796 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Persona 5 Royal

Post by Catastrophe »

I have two main problems with it.

1) It's an updated rerelease on the same console the original came out on only 3 years later.

2) The extra story added is interesting, but I feel like it doesn't serve as well as a climax as the base final boss did. At least with Golden, the bonus dungeon was added between the 'final boss' and the real final boss.

Also, Kasumi is shit and Atlus hasn't learned after Golden that forcing the super special waifu detracts even more from the original party members.

Return to “Games”