New Kamen Rider game announced for PS2.

Super Console Wars: Original Generation
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Re: New Kamen Rider game announced for PS2.

Post by 大変身 »

Trium Shockwave wrote: Is Kabuto as totally broken as he seems from the Faiz vs Kabuto video on the official site? Is it even possible for any Rider who doesn't have Clock Up (or Faiz's Accel) to compete? Even the Kabuto game all came down to skillful management of Clock Up, and if you were against someone with Hyper Clock Up, you were pretty boned.
im sure there is an answer to Clock Up/Axel without using the same element

it was like in Tatsunoko vs Capcom with the answer to the Giant Robos, just use Jun the Swan XD
Twitter
iamawesome.com
Tendou_Sora
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Riders
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Misushima Hiro
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
My boom: Kabuto Zector
Quote: Only one who can beat Chuck Norris is Tendou Souji.

Post by Tendou_Sora »

Jyazen wrote:Game's out! Having a blast playing it and trying to unlock everything :D

True to the series, Decade starts out... well, useless. He doesn't even have a finisher/hissatsu unlike the other riders :?

He does get rather versatile when he gets more and more final form rides (you can customize which to use), although he still lacks a finisher until the very end of the story mode and it comes at the cost of being unable to use final form rides. I'm about done everything I can with Decade.
I've played it today and unlock everything XD

Decade HAS finisher, but after you got complete form. And to use it.... Just go down the page that customize your FFR, there will be another page for the button R2. Select complete form there, but you have to choose complete form or FFR. you can't use both of them (Complete form mode, your FFR return to Ridebooker sword&gun mode) And you can use Decade's finisher now.
"Just a passing-through Kamen Rider fan, remember it!!"

*This signature is my creation, please don't use it without my permission
Jyazen
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Jyazen »

I said he STARTED out completely useless without a finisher (or any other noteworthy moves) :P

I did get his finisher later on (at the very end of the Decade Mode as I noted) but by then I've grown use to abusing Final Form Rides that, well, trading FFRs for the ability to use a finisher seems like a bad deal... a sacrifice, even, seeing as you have to hit with it for it to work and the opponent can just as easily block it. Thank god for misses not using any of the special bar.

As for Kabuto's clock up and Faiz's Accel... they're more annoying (when your opponent uses it) than useful, really. The damage of a hit is reduced drastically the higher the combo count and by the time you hit the 10th combo hit or so and upwards, your damage is really miniscule. And the worst part? It's impossible (at least for me) NOT to get a high combo count with Clock Up, something I manage to do with Faiz's Accel. Even after waiting for a bit, the next hit still raises the combo count and does miniscule damage :(

And oh, what are you guy's favourite character and/or final form rides so far?

I haven't been fiddling around with with the other chars yet as I'm still trying to get S-rank all of Decade Mode's mission just for the heck of it. My favourite FFRs for Decade are Den-O's armor (no flinching, just like Den-O Axe/Kuuga Titan, excellent for getting your attacks in) and Ryuki's Dragreder (its support attack is great to give extra hits as you attack the opponent). Using Blade Blade for my counter even if I don't really use it much >.>

Time to test the other riders later today.
Tendou_Sora
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Riders
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Misushima Hiro
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
My boom: Kabuto Zector
Quote: Only one who can beat Chuck Norris is Tendou Souji.

Post by Tendou_Sora »

I like using Faiz 'cause his attacks are easy to use and the Accel form help (But can't depend on it so much), he strike fast for special attack and my reason.... His cool act

Also I love Kabuto but I'm not good playing as him, that's too bad for me (His play style isn't my good style) :(

My another favorite pick is Kiva, he's well-balance for power and speed to attack. I'd try more Kuuga and Agito, their power are good but a bit slow attack so I got to practice how to use their attack well.

About FFRs, I like using Faiz, Agito, Ryuki, and Den-O
"Just a passing-through Kamen Rider fan, remember it!!"

*This signature is my creation, please don't use it without my permission
ikaritheflamezephyer
Gabu
Favorite series: Go-onger/Faiz/DenO
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger/Decade
Favorite Band: Yuzo Koshiro
My boom: WMMT3
Quote: Smoke Tires not Drugs

Post by ikaritheflamezephyer »

AHH...the wait for my copy is killing me D=.
it sounds so fun from what im reading
i think imma try den-o out first when it comes in
The primary vivid sounds and colors supported smelling the pseudo perfume of tomorrow's wind.

ImageImage
Jyazen

Post by Jyazen »

Den-O's actually rather good, especially the default Sword form's wild sword swinging. Well, Zeronos has it and so does Blade... what's with sword user and their mass wild swinging? It seems to be really effective either way, hah.

Anyway, yeah, Den-O's fun to play as. Have fun playing it when your copy arrives ;)
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Already got the game...
Anyone know the controls?
Can someone explain the controls to me?

Wish T-N can sub this... :lol:
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Jyazen

Post by Jyazen »

The control's pretty simple.

Square for weak attacks
There are 3 different combos for most chars (note the # of squares/hits depends on the character)
Combo#1: Back (or Forward) + Square, Square, Square
Combo#2: Down + Square, Square, Square
Combo#3: Square, Square, Square

Triangle for strong attack
As with the square attacks, the # of triangles/hits depends on the character and some may not have all 3
Grab/Grapple: Forward + Triangle
Combo#1: Back + Triangle, Triangle, Triangle
Combo#2: Down + Triangle, Triangle, Triangle
Combo#3: Triangle, Triangle, Triangle

X for support attack/counter
Uses 2 portions of special gauge
Pressing X normally does the support attack
Pressing X while being attacked/combo'd by opponent will perform a counter

Decade only:
Press X to use the Final Form Ride you set for this button (uses 1 portion of the special gauge)
Press X when being attacked to use the counter Final Form Ride you set for this button (I'm not sure whether it uses 1 or 2)

O for normal special attacks
Up to 4 different variation depending on characters
Variation#1: O (hold down O to charge for some characters, mash O for more hits on some, just O for others)
Variation#2: Back (or Forward) + O (the same as above... hold, mash or not depends on characters)
Variation#3: Jump (Up) + O
Variation#4: Down + O (Decade only IIRC. Uses one of the Final Form Ride you set)

Decade only:
V#1: Use Final Form Ride set for O
V#2: Use Final Form Ride set for Back (or Forward) + O
V#4: Use Final Form Ride set for Down + O
Final Form Rides take 1 portion special gauge

L1: Evade roll left
R1: Evade roll right
L2: Form change (at full special gauge)
R2: Ore no hissatsu waza, rider version! (aka Finisher, usable only with full special gauge)
Hold down: Charge special gauge

Other notes:
Tap forward twice (and hold) while not attacking to run (+ triangle to perform a sliding attack)
Tap forward twice while in the middle of your attacks to 'cancel' out of it (uses 1 portion special gauge)

Decade Final Form Ride (or ridebooker) Setup Menu
O : Choose a final form ride (or ridebooker sword or gun) for O
Back/Forward + O: Choose a final form ride (or ridebooker sword or gun) for Back/Forward + O
Down + O : Choose final form ride (or ridebooker sword or gun) for Down + O
Support: Choose final form ride (or ridebooker sword or gun) for support button (square)
Counter: Choose final form ride (or ridebooker sword or gun) for counter (square when being attacked)

... such a long post. I have too much time, lol. Also... this is what one does when one's bored:
Spoiler
Trium Shockwave
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Mari
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Anime cels

Post by Trium Shockwave »

Mine came in yesterday, got to play it some last night. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would, though the graphics seem a little chunky. I like that you can just pop off a Rider's normal finishers like a regular attack whenever you want. Some of the Rider Kicks work better than others, mostly based on speed. Faiz and Agito's are really fast, but an old man on a walker could dodge Blade's if he saw it coming. I didn't realize you could charge some of the attacks though, I'll have to play with that.

I also found some really cheap things to do already. Using Kabuto as Decade's form change, you can infinitely use his X button support move, the teleport combo. Hit them once with it and it knocks them down. Do it again as they get up, before they can retaliate. Easily take away 1.5 health bars before your form change runs out. A human player would probably be smart enough to just not get up and wait until your form change runs out, but it works on the CPU. Also, was playing around with Zeronos and his X support move is pretty cheap too. If you form change into Vega Form first, you can spam it at point blank range for ridiculous damage. I was blowing through the Battle Mode winning most fights in 15-20 seconds like that. Hibiki somehow managed to slip a Shakunetsu Shinku no Kata in on me, the bastard, but I still won. :lol:

I also love how the game has a "Stupid Foreigner" mode. Well, it's really a kid mode, but it puts all the text in kana instead of kanji, so I'll take it. 8)

Edit: One more thing, I forgot to mention it comes with a Ganbaride card. It's a KamenRide featuring all 10 Heisei Riders. If you put it in the DecaDriver, you get "KamenRide", then it plays all 10 henshin sound effects. If I understand the text on the card properly, its function in Ganbaride is that you get one of the 10 Riders at random if you play it.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

The only original voice-overs are of course the actors for Tsukasa and Yuusuke, Kaito, the Den-O Imagins, and Kivaat from what I remember. I been playing this game lately as well and although I think its a nice game, it could've been better. Some of the fighting mechanics is not as crisp and easy to maneuver at times. So far, the Riders I mostly use are Decade, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, and Den-O. Kabuto is more of a defensive fighter and I can't get used to his style. I still have lots to play though as the only extra Riders I have unlocked is Zeronos.
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

Twitter
iamawesome.com
grapesoda
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: don't make me choose
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by grapesoda »

Hell yes, Wii!

Here's another link I found for it!
ikaritheflamezephyer
Gabu
Favorite series: Go-onger/Faiz/DenO
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger/Decade
Favorite Band: Yuzo Koshiro
My boom: WMMT3
Quote: Smoke Tires not Drugs

Post by ikaritheflamezephyer »

i finally got my copy and started playing it. man this game is fun.
just a quick question does this have mulitplayer by chance?
The primary vivid sounds and colors supported smelling the pseudo perfume of tomorrow's wind.

ImageImage
Sora124
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Blade/Kiva/Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O/Magi/Shinken
Dreamy: Eh?
Favorite Band: Sigur Ros
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Muzak

Post by Sora124 »

Definitely getting the Wii version. Is the Wii region free, or will I need a switch-disc?
V Stealth Robo
Infinity
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by V Stealth Robo »

I'm tempted to get the wii version, just to see if I can play it on a wii with the software modifications.

Return to “Games”