Super Console Wars: Original Generation
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Video Game Voters

Post by Lunagel »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... rs-Network

"The Video Game Voters Network is a place for American gamers to organize and defend against threats to video games by registering to vote and letting Congress know how important this issue is to the community. Without a critical mass of adult video game players who are registered to vote and willing to stand firmly behind their games, politicians will continue to fire criticism at games and game players in order to score easy points for their political campaigns.

Video games are fully protected speech under the Constitution, and receive the same First Amendment protection as books, movies, music and cable television programs. The Network opposes efforts to regulate the content of entertainment media, including proposals to criminalize the sale of certain games to minors, or regulate video games differently from movies, music, books, and other media. The Network also enables gamers to stay educated about issues, reach out to federal, state, and local officials, and register to vote. The Video Game Voters Network is a project sponsored by the Entertainment Software Association, a trade group representing America’s video game publishers."
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Re: Video Game Voters

Post by Sho-saka »

Wish I could help and vote "no" on the US Supreme Court/Governator's plans to suppress the video game industry, but being a young woman stuck living in England I'm unable to help you fellow American VG fans. This worries me, as if this gets an approval, that would mean that other countries might follow suit and could well damaged the video game industry as a whole. And it's not just the UK, Japan, Canada and France mind you.

However, I'll support the VGVN's cause in anyway that I can in order to make sure that video games get the same right as art (not just fine art with naked statues or some weird-ass objects that doesn't make sense to the majority of the people or something), TVs, books, music and films in general.
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

Simmilar to the above, but I'm in Australia, where a lot of the more violent games are already getting banned or butchered... L4D2, for example.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I've read about some of the stuff that goes on in Australia and think it's kind of bullshit. Like Fallout 3 had to rename some stuff to match Australia's censorship policies or something right?

Personally, I think politicians get swayed more easily because the one loud, dumb parent on a crusade is probably going to be more loud than the 20 other adults who play video games who may or may not be aware that there's an issue going on
Masterdx
Gao
Favorite series: KR Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: KR Den-O
Favorite Band: TETRA-FANG
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Decade...

Post by Masterdx »

I'd like to help, really, but I am canadian and it seems my postal code isn't valid to sign up.

I'll be cheering for them from where I stand.
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, I've read about some of the stuff that goes on in Australia and think it's kind of bullshit. Like Fallout 3 had to rename some stuff to match Australia's censorship policies or something right?

Personally, I think politicians get swayed more easily because the one loud, dumb parent on a crusade is probably going to be more loud than the 20 other adults who play video games who may or may not be aware that there's an issue going on
I wouldn't know, I play games like Mass Effect.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things

Return to “Games”