Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Games that you've been playing recently

Post by XIII »

Decided to revive this

The Saboteur

A game released in 2009 by the now defunct Pandemic Studios, it was also their swan song game and was drowned out among all the blockbusters of that year, I only stumbled upon this game by chance when I saw a gameplay video on youtube and I liked what I saw.

So the game premise is you are an Irish man in Paris during World War 2, you are recruited into the French resistance to perform acts of sabotage and other acts of aggression. The game starts out with you being recruited while you are drowning your sorrows, they don't specially say during the very early bits as to why he is drinking and staring at a photo, they do cover this in a very extensive prologue section of the game, during this you get to grips with driving, fighting bear knuckle style and shooting a gun, I will say that the fighting controls are somewhat suspect, but its typical of many games, however, gun play makes up for it, plus you are better off with a gun at times, heck you even get a silenced gun later on to make it even easier to get on with the game, the only time you will need combat is when you need to steal a uniform since you cant shoot them and then steal the uniform. which is helpful on some of the missions where you need to sneak around.

So the main story is pretty good and lasts a fair while and does test you while you are working to inspire the people of Paris, there is a nice mixture of style missions to tackle, you have the classic drive missions, there is the stealth missions, there is break people out of jail missions and of course the straight up shoot the crap out of anything that moves. very fun set of missions

So when you take into account all the main missions and the side missions, you have 51 adventures to take care of, a fairly substantial amount, and then combine this with over 1200 freeplay ambient missions, you have a fair stack to keep you entertained, and you will need to do the freeplay events to get contraband to be able to buy guns and bombs to aid you taking out those pesky targets

a big gripe for me about the game was the cars, but this was more to do with the cars since they had skinny tyres instead of what we have now, made for the racing aspects a bit tricky and took a few attempts to be able to get to grips with how the cars handle, I did at one point just plain hi-jack all the cars on the line and then won the race as the only racer.

Gun play was fun and challenging, downside is the amount of ammo was too plentiful, meaning you hardly ran out during missions, which kinda means you can just waste ammo like no tomorrow at times

The nazi ai opponents were pretty good and not just standing targets and the gestapo being able to see through a disguise made it more challenging when trying to sneak into a restricted area, the terror units later on do annoy you as they do take a buttload of bullets to take down (unless you have one of their guns)

The ai sidekicks at times did actually help in that they did actually fight and not just run around like a headless chicken, this helps in the penultimate mission when you take on loads of terrors

The end mission did gripe slightly in that it was very short and very simple, I wont spoil the end of it, but it kinda felt like a cheapshot, oh well

Overall I have enjoyed the game, I still have a massive amount of freeplay still to do to complete the game off, but it was enjoyable all round, even with the flaws in the game, the game doesnt cost much now so its worth a buy just for the main story as they dared to be slightly different and touch on a slightly sensitive side of history.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Last night, thanks to Wildtangent, I took interest in this game called "Dark Angels: Masquerade of Shadows" and, immediately ended up loving the game.
Basically, what the game is about is that there's this woman named Kate who has been haunted by nightmares ever since she was a lil girl, regarding the murder of her mother; her friends tell her to go see a psychiatrist but, it proves useless. Coming home, she is chased by a trio of the same monsters and is rescued by this other woman, this leading her to find out the truth of said murder and what she can do to help.

The game itself is well.. a puzzle game; every so often, you'll have to figure out some puzzle before you can continue ranging from putting items together to pressing certain buttons, etc. -- which I can understand if it's not for everyone. The music is amazing, too; it sets a great tone to the game and -- just listen to the main theme.
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Joicerojo »

I don't play much (not much time), but the lastest one is Soul Calibur for Ipad
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
Angelus13AOV
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider 555
Dreamy: Hiyori Kusakabe
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: I'll get back to you
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Kamen Rider & Super Sentai
Quote: "Henshin!"

Post by Angelus13AOV »

I'm actually playing multiple games right now. I just recently bought an Xbox One & PS4 to go with my Wii U so that I can have all three next-gen consoles. I've been playing numerous games on those. Blacklight: Retribution, Call Of Duty: Ghosts, FIFA 14, Forza Motorsport 4, Halo: Spartan Assault, Injustice: Gods Among Us (Ultimate Edition), Killzone: Shadow Fall, Madden NFL 25, NBA 2K14, Resogun, Trine 2: The Complete Story, Warframe, Zen Pinball 2 & Zoo Tycoon. A lot of games I know. But I have a lot of time on my hands. I've also recently started gaming on my PC. I've been playing Diablo II, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout, Marvel Heroes, Star Trek Online & The Witcher.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

League of Legends
SMITE
PayDay2
Borderlands 2
Torchlight
shin_dan
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger

Post by shin_dan »

Hey everyone,
does anyone here play Gundam Breaker?
i usually play fighting games on Xbox 360 but i also have a PS4,PS3 and PSVITA

PSN shin_dan
XBOX LIVE L shin dan L

feel free to add me but please add Tv nihon in the message
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2

Quite fun. Story mode is really short, but has some of the better Musou style gameplay I've delved into.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

I've been playing Gravity Rush on the Vita recently. It's a flawed gem of a game, which I like to call Kamen Rider Gravity due to some of the traits of the main female character.

In short, you play a female character named Kat who's gained the special ability to manipulate gravity; she gets this power from a strange-looking cat, which is more of a magical girl trope than a rider trope. However, in combat she's more melee-focused, and one of her most useful attacks is the gravity kick (which I shall henceforth call Rider Gravity Kick) due to the way she performs it from the air. It's almost like a Decade kick minus the card homing fx.

Anyways, the game is sort of sandbox-ish as you are free to explore the city on your own, mainly to find and collect gems which serves as XP to level Kat's abilities. Unfortunately there isn't much of side quests, which makes it less sandboxy than Assassin's Creed or GTA, so the only reason you explore is to find gems and other hidden/collectible things.

Gravity manipulation is essential in exploration and combat. You basically aim at where you want gravity to go "down", and Kat will "fall" in that direction. You can also suspend gravity in mid-air, allowing you to hover and then change direction. It's essentially flying with a twist; with gravity pointing in the right direction you can also essentially run on walls and ceilings. In combat, while Kat can do basic kicks, one of her most useful attacks is the (Rider) Gravity Kick where she uses gravity to accelerate her kicks towards her opponent, very much like a classic rider kick finisher.

I earlier called it a flawed gem, because of two things: first, the aforementioned lack of things to do other than exploring and doing the main story missions, and also the camera controls. You use the R analog stick to control the camera, which gives you free reign over where it points. This is fine most of the time, except during frantic fights where you need to quickly swing around to locate your enemy, or if you get backed up against a wall and the camera goes all crazy on you.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

South Park Stick of Truth.

Plays similar to Paper Mario, companions and reaction times included. Story mode is very short, but by god, it is funny. If you love the show, then it is a must.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Played Skyrim (with legendary edition) recently. It's a really huge RPG, I finished all the main quests, and quite a number of side quests and it already took me 100 hours. Well I'm kinda exhausted with it now so I'm back to Dota 2, which is kinda my default game. Anyways, about Skyrim, the good thing about it is that it has a seemingly infinite number of quests, and they mostly have a unique objective which makes them interesting. The bad thing about it is the very inconvenient UI, and tons of crashes, which made me rather annoyed (crashed when I alt-tab, maximize from alt-tab, save game, and even "resume game" from the pause screen).
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

So Gravity Rush was quite a short game... finished it in 4 days total.

After that I picked up Persona 4 Golden. This is my first Persona game, and I really like the way they interleaved the dating sim and RPG portions of the game together. And the relationships actually matter significantly, more so than many other RPGs that I've played before. It really gives you the motivation to develop relationships (intimate or not) with the rest of your party members, because the benefits in combat are significant.

Also, apparently little Nanako-chan here watches some sort of Super Sentai often:

Lastly, one random wtf-am-I-fighting moment:

nanamarfo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Yuki Jojima
Favorite Band: RIDER CHIPS
Quote: "My life is burning bright!" -Takeru Tenkuji

Post by nanamarfo »

So since the cost of emulation is non-exetant(I'm 15, don't judge me), been playing a lot of retro games. The minish Cap (Love it so far) Megaman X(Good after 2 stages), Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories(Love this game!) and Contra (Only hard because you die in 1 hit).

As for modern games, I have a Wii U, bought Sonic Lost World, and I can't lie, I think this does the Adventure games right.

I still need to get a Switch for Sonic Forces and Zelda BOTW.
NOMarfo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

No judgement here. I spent so many hours in high school playing emulated games. You do what you can as a high school student.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

been playing a lot of retro games. The minish Cap (Love it so far)
Minish Cap retro? This is making me feel old!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Last night, in Binding of Isaac, I beat Ultra Greedier as The Lost. The Lost is a character who can only take one hit, and I was forced to resort to exploiting the D20 to get nearly infinite resources. But I felt like I had to do it that way, since I've been banging my head on the mode for several days trying to beat it, and it was the last completion mark that I needed to unlock the Godhead item.

Return to “Games”