Power Rangers VS Voltron | DEATH BATTLE!

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Power Rangers VS Voltron | DEATH BATTLE!

Post by TBustah! »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39NZNqI9sbs

The title is a misnomer. This isn't "Power Rangers VS Voltron", it's "Megazord VS Voltron". It goes without saying that Voltron itself is better armed than the original Megazord, the far more interesting fight would have been if each side threw everything they had at each other, era for era. There's no need to involve the stuff pasted into these American adaptations from sources other than Zyuranger and GoLion, but if you really want to know what this fight would be like, you have to let each side have the stuff that was nixed in the beginning. Of course Voltron is stronger than just the Megazord/Daijyujin, the way each series was structured and marketed is very different. The Megazord/Daizyujin was never meant to stand alone, not when there were more toys to sell.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Power Rangers VS Voltron | DEATH BATTLE!

Post by Phoenix512 »

If it was based on just the people, the Power Rangers would easily beat the five Voltron pilots. That said, I understand that they have to focus more on the American side since people in general would care more about than the original Japanese source material. Also the American versions have a much bigger life compared to the Japanese versions. I think it was good that they just focused on having a five vs five fight instead of adding in additional help. I did like the joke when Voltron used Blazing Sword and thought shouldn't it be over by now since usually it's 1HKO at that point.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Power Rangers VS Voltron | DEATH BATTLE!

Post by Kuchiri »

Now what's funny, is I believe if we went with GoLion vs Daizyujin. I think Daizyujin is considered a God? Not quite sure, never finished Zyuranger. GoLion has a decent losing record against Gods. Usually in Death Battle things like that would make Screw Attack sway the other way. So Daizyujin would probably win.

Return to “Americanized stuff”