How do you feel about Power Rangers?

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Re: How do you feel about Power Rangers?

Post by butyoumight »

BigSlim wrote:
locuas wrote: and what about super sentai then?
it came first, get over it. :)
Technically Spiderman came first...
BigSlim
7X
Quote: There is wisdom in tokusatsu shows.

Post by BigSlim »

butyoumight wrote:
Technically Spiderman came first...
NOPE. Goranger 1975 came before that. try again please lol
BigSlim
7X

Post by BigSlim »

locuas wrote: what happens when super sentai take other series ideas and use them? as you said rpm did?
it ends up surpassing any trash Saban could rip off by leaps and bounds.

In production quality, in music, in character development, in special effects, in writing so on and so forth. there is no comparison in the effort put in Super Sentai as opposed to the borrowed suit wearing power rangers.

not trying to get you to like one or another just face reality that Saban doesn't care enough to use originality, solid actors, writers or directors to make the show you like. Its not worth it to them.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by butyoumight »

BigSlim wrote:
locuas wrote: what happens when super sentai take other series ideas and use them? as you said rpm did?
it ends up surpassing any trash Saban could rip off by leaps and bounds.

In production quality, in music, in character development, in special effects, in writing so on and so forth. there is no comparison in the effort put in Super Sentai as opposed to the borrowed suit wearing power rangers.

not trying to get you to like one or another just face reality that Saban doesn't care enough to use originality, solid actors, writers or directors to make the show you like. Its not worth it to them.
3/4ths of your final statement is entirely opinion driven. Originality, sure, yeah, they're NOT ORIGINAL AT ALL AND NEVER HAVE BEEN because of the suits and the mecha, of course, the plot is completely irrelevant.

But it's just your opinion that in 20 years Power Rangers has never had a good actor, writer or director. In MY opinion, RPM competently showcases all three. And also a heavy dose of originality, because RPM and Go-Onger have literally nothing in common except for the suits and the mecha. And even that's a bit less 'direct rip off' than some other seasons. I've watched Go-Onger and RPM both enough to recognize the sheer amount of NZ suit footage there is. Not just because of the amount of time they spend with their helmets off, either.

If you don't care, and aren't trying to convince anyone to change their opinion, why do you keep coming back and arguing with people whose opinion differs?

I like Sentai and Power Rangers both. Some more than others, certainly (Samurai is a racist travesty, for example). That's my opinion. I don't think it would kill you to say even a slight modicum of respect to Saban for bringing Tokusatsu to the attention of so many people. I know for a fact I'm not the only person on this site who never would have started watching Super Sentai if it weren't for Power Rangers.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

butyoumight wrote:I know for a fact I'm not the only person on this site who never would have started watching Super Sentai if it weren't for Power Rangers.
This. This this this this and more of this!

I never would of found out about Super Sentai if it wasnt for power rangers! And I'm sure alot of people outside this particular forum feel the same way.

Like what butyoumight said, all of what you said are YOUR opinions, so why the hell do you keep pushing the subject down our throats? You dont like Power Rangers, FINE it's your opinion and you control how you feel. But please dont continue to underminding OUR opinions just because you think YOURS is superior.

It's not diffucult is it? We like it. You dont. Let's drop this argument and go our merry ways.
BigSlim
7X

Post by BigSlim »

butyoumight wrote:
If you don't care, and aren't trying to convince anyone to change their opinion, why do you keep coming back and arguing with people whose opinion differs?

I like Sentai and Power Rangers both. Some more than others, certainly (Samurai is a racist travesty, for example). That's my opinion. I don't think it would kill you to say even a slight modicum of respect to Saban for bringing Tokusatsu to the attention of so many people. I know for a fact I'm not the only person on this site who never would have started watching Super Sentai if it weren't for Power Rangers.

You asked me a question about Sentai and I answered it thats not arguing. Ok fine THANK YOU SABAN for borrowing the heroes of Japan shows and making them into USA stereotypes. There I said it.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by butyoumight »

BigSlim wrote:
butyoumight wrote:

You asked me a question about Sentai and I answered it thats not arguing. Ok fine THANK YOU SABAN for borrowing the heroes of Japan shows and making them into USA stereotypes. There I said it.
I didn't say you had to thank Saban. I promise you, Saban is not hurting at all because you hate Power Rangers. I just said you could show the company at the very least the barest respect of ignoring Power Rangers if you think it's so offensive.

You're not going to convince anyone that your opinion is the TRUE WAY OF THE LIGHT AND ALL THAT IS RIGHT AND GOOD IN THE WORLD

No one is going to read this thread and think "OH MY GOD. BIGSLIM IS RIGHT. HOW DID I NEVER REALIZE IT BEFORE????"

At best, they're going to think "Wow he feels really strongly about this. Huh." and move on their merry way. At worst they're going to think "Wow, what a little jerk. Why is he taking this so seriously? Damn, dude, agree to disagree already."
BigSlim
7X

Post by BigSlim »

butyoumight wrote: I didn't say you had to thank Saban. I promise you, Saban is not hurting at all because you hate Power Rangers. I just said you could show the company at the very least the barest respect of ignoring Power Rangers if you think it's so offensive.

You're not going to convince anyone that your opinion is the TRUE WAY OF THE LIGHT AND ALL THAT IS RIGHT AND GOOD IN THE WORLD

No one is going to read this thread and think "OH MY GOD. BIGSLIM IS RIGHT. HOW DID I NEVER REALIZE IT BEFORE????"

At best, they're going to think "Wow he feels really strongly about this. Huh." and move on their merry way. At worst they're going to think "Wow, what a little jerk. Why is he taking this so seriously? Damn, dude, agree to disagree already."
LoL you sure are fired up aren't you. I've only been answering questions and comments in this thread. I'm Not preaching sentai greatness everyone here already knows about power rangers being a dumbed down outsourced bastardization of japanese culture. this is not news.

I've already agreed to disagree you still being mad doesn't mean i'm still arguing. :lol:
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by butyoumight »

BigSlim wrote:LoL you sure are fired up aren't you. I've only been answering questions and comments in this thread. I'm Not preaching sentai greatness everyone here already knows about power rangers being a dumbed down outsourced bastardization of japanese culture. this is not news.

I've already agreed to disagree you still being mad doesn't mean i'm still arguing. :lol:

Alright, bud. Keep telling yourself that.
BigSlim
7X

Post by BigSlim »

butyoumight wrote:
Ok but don't tell me what to do. Thats Escape's job.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by butyoumight »

BigSlim wrote:
butyoumight wrote:
Ok but don't tell me what to do. Thats Escape's job.
And who do you think tells Escape what to do?

Oh, right.

BigSlim
7X

Post by BigSlim »

butyoumight wrote:
Gobusters 37 which you may have missed..or weren't paying attention to..
Spoiler
Escape disobeys and scares off Enter with her new form. Bosses don't show fear.

Escape = Head Honcho.

you'd know that. if power rangers handn't lowered your attention span. you'll recover soon just watch more pure japanese tokusatsu. i kid i kid.
Last edited by BigSlim on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by butyoumight »

BigSlim wrote:
butyoumight wrote:
Gobusters 37 which you may have missed..or weren't paying attention to..
Escape disobeys and scares off Enter with her new form. Bosses don't show fear.

Escape = Head Honcho.

you'd know that. if power rangers handn't lowered your attention span. you'll recover soon just watch more pure japanese tokusatsu. i kid i kid.
Oh, I'm quite sure I pay more attention to Go-Busters than you do.

Perhaps you the one not paying attention? Enter didn't run in fear. He walked away, the same way he walks away from the Go-Busters constantly.

Because Escape isn't worthy of his time, you see. Let her play her little game. It's not hurting anything, as long as Enter gets his data.

And if you really think Go-Busters is going to end with Escape as the big bad...

...Why are we having this conversation here? Not the place. Sorry, mods!
BigSlim
7X

Post by BigSlim »

i spoiler tagged you're the one revealing everything
:)
HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

BigSlim wrote:i spoiler tagged you're the one revealing everything
:)

Dude, i think you're aware of the risks of argue with a Jinnai Sho angry Fangirl. You can't win,just accept this fact.

Return to “Americanized stuff”