Goseiger/Gokaiger to Megaforce Localization

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Goseiger/Gokaiger to Megaforce Localization

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

So, I was just thinking...

This current season is supposed to be a combination of both Goseiger and Gokaiger, and the first episode showing the Ranger war probably confirms it. Now, Power Rangers has combined Sentai series in the past with Zyu, Dai, and Kaku, so we know that they can solve a lot of localization issues using new footage. However, Gokaiger was Super Sentai's anniversary series, and I'm assuming they'll try to do the same with Megaforce, but a couple of questions pop up about how they're going to combine it. For example, Noah (GoseiBlue) and Jake (GoseiBlack) are cast well for the Goseiger portion, but what's going to happen to them when they switch over to Gokaiger? Based on their current character molds, they're going to have to change colors when they switch over to GokaiGreen and GokaiBlue or something. In addition, I guess they're not going to incorporate the Gokaiger vs. Goseiger storyline. Keep in mind that these two questions are based on the assumption that the current cast will carry over. For the most part, the current Goseiger to Megaforce localization looks promising, but a lot of questions do pop up for the Gokaiger portion. I mean, they did try to edit the Ranger war as well as they possibly could to eliminate non-localized series, but you just wonder :/

Also, random thought, did you guys notice that the opening contained footage of Burajira? Given that the Power Rangers current seasons have been ranging between 22-24 episodes per season, how do you think they're going to incorporate the Warstar, Yumaju, Matorintis and Burajira in one season? Maybe they'll remove one of the factions? Or (I hope) they increase the number of episodes per season because they have a lot more footage and costumes that they can use.

Edit: I just remembered, Lightspeed Rescue (Gogo V) also had an additional sixth ranger with the Titanium ranger along with the extra rangers in Jungle Fury. I don't expect the extra rangers to be counted towards GokaiSilver, but what do you think they'll do with the Titanium ranger for Gold mode and the Gokai cellular? Paste a head and sticker somewhere? XD
Last edited by EndlessWaltz24 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Goseiger/Gokaiger to Megaforce Localization

Post by lostinbrave »

This will be interesting to see. I think they will just retcon it, you can see gokaiger footage, I could make out at least dairanger at a glance.
ImageImage
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

The Gokai footage will mostly be of the GokaiChanges to the past MMPR-Sentai teams. They created hundreds of Ranger Cards that works with their Gosei Morphers. For example. Putting the Green MMPR card into the Gosei Morphers will do what putting a the DragonRanger key into the Gokai Mobirates. The Gosei Morpher says 'Mighty Morphin! Green' then does a transformation noise.

The only times we might see the pirates is if they decide to make them villians. Then mayhaps they will have the Pirate Cards so then the Gokai Footage of Pirates fighting monsters will be of them transforming into the pirates.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

I actually do have a theory for one part of the transition, and it relates to Buredoran and Warz Gill. In either episode 3 or 4, we hear Buredoran mention that he is royalty, correct? Since Warz Gill is a prince, it would make sense to tie the two together, especially since they have similar facial constructs (blue eyes, silver skin, ect)
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Aw man, if they somehow made Buredoran and Warz Gill the same character, it'd be a little weird. However, now that you mention, they could have something like the evil empire akin to the first few series of Power Rangers which made everyone up to Space part of the same organization. Lol, kinda reminds of Dai-Shocker XD
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

I wouldn't say that they would be the same person, cause that would be kinda pushing it too far with his character (he already has three other forms. Why add a fifth?)

Return to “Americanized stuff”