Power Rangers Megaforce Episode 5

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Power Rangers Megaforce Episode 5

Post by FangTrigger »

I've decided to start doing these for each episode and hope that the ban hammer doesn't come crashing down on me.

So, episode five, or as I call it, The 'Girls Can Be Strong Too' episode. We all knew this was coming, but this time, it felt very forced and poorly written (then again, it is Power Rangers.) I get that they wanted to show how close the friendship between Pink and Yellow is, but they just really threw a bunch of stuff in there that wasn't completely needed. Even the scene where the photo was torn (or cut before hand and then given to the girls) could really have been done better.

There wasn't much in this episode that really appealed to me, save for the fact that Buredoran (I refuse to acknowledge his P.R. name) showed up in his Chupacabra form, and simply stood there, taking mental notes on how the Rangers fought for later, and then just leaving. That shows that he is a skilled tactician, which is fitting of his character.

I had to go back to look up the M.O.W. She really didn't leave that much of a lasting impression on me. I do like how they combined the footage of Pink being trapped by The M.O.W. with the Goseiger footage as well. Nice touch of editing there.

I was Kinda P.O'd at the writing in this episode. In episode 4, we have the rangers trying to conceal their identity, but in this one, we have transformations in front of civilians in plain sight, and the guys actually say what their names are, which completely throws the whole 'secret identity' thing out the window.

So, the Zords are called Mechazords when in an individual state, but when they combine they become a Megazord. Well, that clears up why I can't really differentiate between the two without listening closely for the differences.

You know your puns are bad when the monster of the week says they're not clever.

And the freaking references......... I got a major 'Friendship Is Magical' vibe towards the end and that 'Believe it!'............... good lord.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Power Rangers Megaforce Episode 5

Post by ReversedSentai »

Just discuss new episodes in a single thread. It'd be much more organized that way.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

since Emma still has not made me want to hit my face against a wall or kill anyone like Eri did(something kevin in PR samurai managed to do succesfully), i still think it's an improvement...and to every goseiger or Eri fan, i'm sorry, but i just can't stand eri. i just find her annoying as all hell, and very spoiled.
aslo, for me, megaforce is at least unintentionally funny. instead of painfully bad or boring.
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Wait what? Buredoran showed up in his Chupacabra form? I haven't seen this episode, but that raises so many questions. Also, I was just looking at the credits for the episodes so far and I've noticed that although each episode has the same director, each episode was written by a different person. That's definitely gonna lead to problems.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I thought it was strange as well, but the Blue Ranger makes a note though that the 'Alien from this morning' didn't look like an insect.

I would find it hard to believe that the other Aliens don't notice this sudden change.

Return to “Americanized stuff”