Kamen Rider Fourze to be Power Rider Apollo?

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Kamen Rider Fourze to be Power Rider Apollo?

Post by FangTrigger »

For those that remember, I made a topic about Saban registering the name Power Rider as a possible Kamen Rider adaption, and it appears that the adaption of choice this time around is Kamen Rider Fourze. As it stands, it seems that it's only in the casting and script writing stage, but it appears to be progressing. I can see a Yuki clone, and what might be Shun, but nothing more.Here's a link to the website that posted the rumor, along with a script.
I personally think that Foruze is a good season to start at, and if saban plays his cards right, he could be making money from this series during the downtime with Power Rangers.
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: Hiroya Matsumoto
Favorite Band: D'espairsray
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Toku and Visual Kei
Quote: "The only way to get away from loneliness is to love it" - Moi Dix Mois

Re: Kamen Rider Fourze to be Power Rider Apollo?

Post by KisekiRed »

I just hope it doesn't turn out like Dragon Knight with a low quality belt. From what I've seen the Dragon Knight belt doesn't look very good. If they actually get the Fourze Driver to be the Apollo Belt, then I would pick it up; despite having the Fourze Driver. I could always get the switches I don't have easier than actually ordering them from Japan or buying them overpriced at Conventions. I can see the Fourze Cast in each of the characters, but I'm not very sure how I feel about them being Americanized. Lately, I feel like they can't Americanize anything. One thing that makes me happy is that they actually have the goth girl aspect. I always see them in a negative light in the Media. Although I am not goth myself, I do like the fashion at times. Another thing that made me laugh is that from the looks of they acknowledge the fact that Nozoma had a crush on Ryusei and made it apparent in the adaption. In the end, I have mixed feelings about this. If done correctly, this can be good, but with Saban lately, I don't think it will be. Hopefully the Toyline is good.
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

To be fair, when you really look at it, the belt wasn't part of the series (at least when compared to other kamen rider series belts). The money was in the toys much more than the belt
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Looks like an April Fool to me. I hate early April Fools. They negate the point of the holiday, which is to expect falsehoods ON THE DAY OF, not four days in advance.

The sad thing is, I was on board with it (in as much as I assumed it to be real, not so much necessarily wanting to see it made) throughout the entirety of the casting sides. It was the sample scenes that made it obvious.

A well done prank, if obnoxiously early. Someone actually typed all of that up in Courier AND printed it out to staple it together and take photos of it. Clap.

Sadly I would continue to be not surprised if it turns out that the casting sides are legit and it's just the sample scenes that are faked. The quality does seem different between the two sets of images...
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Power Rider Apollo confirmed as fake. Like anyone bought it to begin with...
gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Post by gmottl »

there is a god. saban keep your paws off my riders please. its bad enough you turn shinkenger into THAT.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
Mifune013
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Makoto Okunaka
Favorite Actor?: Take a guess.
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "In all Chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order" ~Carl Jung

Post by Mifune013 »

After trying to watch Power Ranger Samurai (or whatever it's called) and hearing it's terrible dialogue (I couldn't stand five minutes of their talking)...
After trying to watch Kamen Rider Dragon Knight and falling a sleep to their dialogue (noticing a theme here)...
And remembering Masked Rider and their terrible dialogue (among other things)...

I'm going to say no to any Americanized Kamen Rider series, especially if it's Saban Brand.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Mifune013 wrote:After trying to watch Power Ranger Samurai (or whatever it's called) and hearing it's terrible dialogue (I couldn't stand five minutes of their talking)...
After trying to watch Kamen Rider Dragon Knight and falling a sleep to their dialogue (noticing a theme here)...
And remembering Masked Rider and their terrible dialogue (among other things)...

I'm going to say no to any Americanized Kamen Rider series, especially if it's Saban Brand.
I didn't watch Samurai, but I found Dragon Knight to be a very good series. Much better than I thought it would be anyway. And definitely better than Masked Rider, though that doesn't take much.

I would be fine with American Kamen Rider if it were done in the vein of Dragon Knight.
Mifune013
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Makoto Okunaka
Favorite Actor?: Take a guess.
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "In all Chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order" ~Carl Jung

Post by Mifune013 »

It wasn't so much what they were saying that bothered me about Dragon Knight, it was how they said it. Very quiet, trying to be all cool all the time. Like Horatio from CSI Miami. Or at least that was the feeling I got from the episode I tried to watch. Mind you, I make these claim on first impression opinions, not an in-depth analysis. (Though I did watch a lot of Masked Rider...an obvious result of misunderstanding of the target demography for a series that was meant for teenagers).

Then again I don't like Americanization in the first place. I rather see a new original series or a series based on a previous series. Give us less Power Rangers and more The Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.

Return to “Americanized stuff”