Super Megaforce not looking so Super.

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Super Megaforce not looking so Super.

Post by FangTrigger »

By now, everyone knows that they can expect a Gokaiger season in the next season of Power Rangers Megaforce, right? And that means that we can expect many of our past Power Ranger stars to come back and make a Cameo right?

Well, in the words of Noah '...Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong!'

It seems that there was a Generic e-mail sent out to many prospective ex-rangers, but so many of them were retracted because of 'budget constraints.' Am I the only one that thinks that's bullshit? Let's be honest here, Power Rangers is one of, if not the most, profitable series in the United States, so when you say that you can't bring anyone back because you're too greedy to give some extra funds so that your older fans can relive that nostalgia they felt when they were a kid, you're really screwing yourself over.

So far, the only confirmed return I've seen was Blake Foster (Justin) from Power Rangers Turbo. (apparently, he got the infamous 'budget letter') The only other possible return I've noted is Jason David Frank (Tommy) but so far, there hasn't been any solid evidence of that. Saban is so freaking cheap, he doesn't even want Titanium Ranger Ryan Mitchell (Rett Fisher), the FIRST EVER Power Ranger exclusive ranger, to not return due to 'budget limitations.' I believe that this interview from Karan Ashley (The second Yellow Ranger in Mighty Morphing Power Rangers) covers it.

Also, if you read the top comments, this is a message from Matt Austin, also know as Bridge from Power Rangers SPD. It states that
Spoiler
Spoiler
First. I don't know what email Saban sent out. As far as I know - nobody in Disney era cast received a letter. (according to a reliable source, this was proven to be false) Second. I totally get Karan. PR is one of the most top rated kids series in the world - the actors get paid peanuts to do it relative to any other show on television that doesn't play in every foreign market on earth. I actually make more at my current joe job per hour than they ever paid. They make tons of money off of licensing and merchandise, that doesn't trickle down to the actor.

To ask cast (except me apparently) to go down to NZ, essentially for free when you subtract food/airfare/hotel and the time away from responsibilities at home - is a LOSS. This is one of the major reasons why you started to have a rotating cast. So there aren't any contract negotiations. You have the cast. You milk them and then you cut them off. It's one of the reasons SPD/Mystic Force didn't have a team up. Wish it were different. I love the show and I love the fans. #Buttery

If Saban really cared about his fans, he would increase the wages paid to, not only the returning actors, but to the actual cast of rangers themselves. But maybe I'm letting my fanboy speak out instead of reason. Maybe Saban can't increase the budget because that was the deal presented at the meeting with Nick or there is some other factor that I'm missing. Maybe Saban isn't the money hungry tyrant that many of us assume he is for reasons like this, and has a great solid reason for why the budget can't be increased to offer more so that Each Generation of Power Rangers can enjoy it.

Then again, maybe George Bush was the greatest president we ever had.
Last edited by FangTrigger on Tue May 21, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara

Re: Super Megaforce not looking so Super.

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

Makes sense. Explains a lot of the shittiness of Power Rangers.

I'll still be watching "Super Megaforce" though.
ImageImage
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Saban is well known for being a cheap-ass though. There is no real point for even doing the series if they can't get a decent number of good ex rangers back.

And I'm still kind of pissed of them using Half Goseiger and Half Gokaiger.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Blue turbo is out.

Apparently Jungle Fury Red was a big fan of Gokai and not only does he appear ((I assume in an episode style after the Geki episode)) he is writing a few episodes as well.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by FangTrigger »

Kuchiri wrote:Blue turbo is out.

Apparently Jungle Fury Red was a big fan of Gokai and not only does he appear ((I assume in an episode style after the Geki episode)) he is writing a few episodes as well.
This was a topic brought up in a group I frequent on facebook, and we all came to the same agreement; it doesn't matter as much that he likes sentai, but more on the style of his writing and how good it is.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Jason David Frank released huge amount of pictures that he took while he was in New Zealand this past weekend. Him and 10 other alumni Rangers have been confirmed to return to be a part of the Legendary War. Although I don't like that Super Mega Force is going to be crammed into a short season, I do want to see how the season will be handled.
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!

From the looks of your sig, Super Megaforce is going to be awesome.
ImageImage
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Lol...We will see. I just think a lot of the photos were for the Legendary War only. My sig might just be a test photo of the actors playing around too. I don't know if they filmed any character development episodes for Super Mega Force yet. Unless it is being kept a secret.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Haim Saban is a tremendous tight-ass. The biggest difference between him and Disney (other than persecuting gay actors on-set, as David Yost will attest to) is Saban doesn't do union scale for actors. That means he can pay the talent whatever he wants, which is why the original series was so profitable for his company.

Incidentally, this may be a large part of why there's no Disney-eras in this. When you're card-carrying in a union, you cannot do non-union work or they will immediately rescind your membership when they find out. There are ways around it, but generally speaking one of those ways does not involve reprising a character you played on a union set for a non-union set, even if it's a glorified cameo. The ones who do somehow come back from that era will be people who don't give a shit and have no acting career anyway.

What I find really bizarre is how they chose eleven previous Rangers, but nine of them are from the same four shows. They couldn't spread it out a little, maybe have Cassie rock the Pink Turbo costume instead? So goddamn weird.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Spoiler

Let the butthurt fans commence...
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

That's actually a pretty cool-looking poster...
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by FangTrigger »

Lunagel wrote:That's actually a pretty cool-looking poster...
Now if we only got a season to match the awesome-ness of the poster.
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!

Why "Super Megaforce"? Should've been like the Alien Rangers season, a totally different name with the same characters.
ImageImage
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by FangTrigger »

[kuronogantzryu] wrote:Why "Super Megaforce"? Should've been like the Alien Rangers season, a totally different name with the same characters.
Cause saban thinks that adding 'Super' before everything makes it better.

Also, here's a pic sure to cause some rage.

Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I just can't wait for them to explain the change from "Megaforce" to "Super Megaforce" costumes.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.

Return to “Americanized stuff”