Saban set to adapt Kyouryuuger as PR Dino Charge for 2015

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Saban set to adapt Kyouryuuger as PR Dino Charge for 2015

Post by butyoumight »

Looks like the announcement was just made this morning: Saban has officially managed to slip the noose of "NO YOU MUST ADAPT EVERY SEASON", and will be skipping an adaptation of Go-Busters in favor of adapting Kyouryuuger.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2 ... s/5305153/

What do you guys think?

For me, I'm glad. I love Go-Busters unconditionally, and would have shuddered to see what Saban would have done with it. In my mind, the only way an adapatation of Go-Busters could be done CORRECTLY would be to associate it with RPM, and since there's such a sharp divide between Saban and Disney over this, that was never going to happen. I care less about Kyouryuuger (I've been saying for a few months now how Kyouryuuger just feels like a season of Power Rangers in Japanese anyway, christ they even already have a Battalizer!) and will probably end up watching Dino Charge, which is more than I can say about Super Megaforce!

Now it'll be REALLY funny if they try to make the Dino Charge rangers become the inevitable ToQ adaptation rangers too!
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Re: Saban set to adapt Kyouryuuger as PR Dino Charge for 201

Post by Revorse »

I thought it was pretty interesting to skip Busters. I wasn't expecting that considered I heard Saban wasn't allowed to skip. But I'm not deeply invested either way.
I liked Go-Busters and I would have liked to see what Saban would have done good or bad.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

considering Go-Busters is bassically RPM, i can understand it. THat being said, i really hoped to see what they could have done with it. The suits were perfect for an american PR series.
The only problem i could possibly have would be the same that happened with Dino Thunder of not knowing ahead of time how the series would go so they would need to guess, but Kyoryuugers is almost over, so they would not have that problem, so everything is fine!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Didn't Saban help direct half of Go-busters and made it have all the Power Rangers References like 'It's Morphin Time'?
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

What happened to "Saban isn't allowed to skip a season"? That's why Megaforce wasn't a tribute series the way it should have been.

Either way. maybe Saban will turn Kyuryuger into a decent series.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Kuchiri wrote:Didn't Saban help direct half of Go-busters and made it have all the Power Rangers References like 'It's Morphin Time'?
No? I mean, it's fair enough to argue that Morphin Time and Megazords were an off-hand reference to Power Rangers, but Saban has never had any hand in the production of any season of Super Sentai? At least as far as I know...

I think a lot of people on Tumblr have made a good point about the sheer excess of re-shooting that would have to be done to adapt Go-Busters, between the primary villains being human-faced and not getting kaijin forms until like 2/3rds of the way through the show, and the amount the Go-Busters take their helmets off.
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

I just want to see if they do the transformation dance.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Fury Diamond, Rangercrew founder and Power Force member, says that Go-Busters will be used in some capacity, but Kyoryuger is the primary focus. So it looks like we have another hybrid like Megaforce.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Strykor wrote:I just want to see if they do the transformation dance.
i want to see if they will use the guns at ALL(since...you know...the shooting some time ago...)
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

locuas wrote:
Strykor wrote:I just want to see if they do the transformation dance.
i want to see if they will use the guns at ALL(since...you know...the shooting some time ago...)
It's not like their doing anything Persona like and raising it to their heads. (which oddly enough received flak although being a mature game)
and shootings, unfortunately, happen pretty often but that doesn't stop companies like Nerf from making commercials and depicting the toy blasters. I think it should be fine. But it all honesty, you never know till you know.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

At least the Gaburichangers look incredibly toy like already. I'm pretty sure toy guns are supposed to be brightly coloured, the only thing missing is orange around the gun barrel.

It's a nice season to adapt. I too would have liked a Go-busters kind of follow up to RPM, but to be honest the plots are very similar.
Tsukino Ko'uma
Infinity
My boom: Fluffle Puff
Quote: "I just don't know what went wrong!" - Derpy

Post by Tsukino Ko'uma »

Kinda expecting the handling of Go-Busters to be like how Dairanger and Kakuranger were handled, or how Gokaiger is being handled.
The fun has been doubled.

Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I'm not surprised. The toy sales for Go-Buster weren't too good so Toei had to go back to basics and target a younger audience for Kyouryuuger. Saban isn't going to risk a year of lackluster toy sales by adapting Go-Buster when you consider the current state of the toy industry. The two year offset was going to hurt them if the concepts behind the toys ends up feeling stale when Bandai adapts them for other markets.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i would argue that Go-busters design and toys would have appeal very nicely to a western audience, but it is reasonable to go for kyoryuugers instead.

Return to “Americanized stuff”