Eh... not new for anyone but kinda dislike the Neo-Saban era

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
Tsukino Ko'uma
Infinity
My boom: Fluffle Puff
Quote: "I just don't know what went wrong!" - Derpy

Eh... not new for anyone but kinda dislike the Neo-Saban era

Post by Tsukino Ko'uma »

Just a few thoughts. I'm really only watching Megaforce because of the source material it uses.

The most obvious thing would be that after all these years Haim Saban still thinks that a single scene, however brief, with no or very little music, background or foreground noise, or talking, would make a whole season unwatchable.
That kind of nonsense is why the rest of the world as a whole (that happens to like DBZ) negatively considers the English dubs of DBZ to be kind of stupid.

Then there is the writing. That moronic "it's for kids so we don't have to work hard on it" reasoning that makes so many "classic" shows unwatchable after growing up.

Oh yeah, also the fact the Power Rangers never stop talking. Even when they are doing stuff so demanding of the lungs that you wouldn't have much of a voice or a capacity to talk.

The puns probably get tiring with repeated episode viewing. But I don't even know if a 7 - 10 year old would laugh at a joke if the joke picked fruit hanging THAT low.

At least the Bruce Kalish era wire-fu is mostly gone now, though. As are the Kalishplosions.

But getting tired of the shameless MMPR recycling.

But hey, those are all reasons I watch Sentai. :)
The fun has been doubled.

FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Re: Eh... not new for anyone but kinda dislike the Neo-Saban

Post by FangTrigger »

Here here. At least when Bruce was at the helm, the stories were good and not jumbled messes. There was actual character development that didn't just involve some shitty back story that we couldn't feel jack over. They actually brought out human emotions, not your avarage static character mess.

Also, Bruce wasn't the one in charge of the explosions. Koichi Sakamoto, his co-executive producer, liked to blow shit up.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Eh... not new for anyone but kinda dislike the Neo-Saban

Post by Catastrophe »

Sakamoto is everywhere. Him and his napalm.

Return to “Americanized stuff”