Favorite Power Ranger Series

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
Tiandou
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Yuzuki Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: rider chips

Re: Favorite Power Ranger Series

Post by Tiandou »

Jason Lee Scott??
Tendou Souji
Mega
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Momotaros
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Setsuna F Seiei

Post by Tendou Souji »

Dunno because I seldom watch power rangers. I prefer Sentai.
Tiandou
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Yuzuki Misaki
Favorite Band: rider chips

Post by Tiandou »

Tendou Souji wrote:Dunno because I seldom watch power rangers. I prefer Sentai.
Ya! Sentai is more Interesting. :D
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Tendou Souji wrote:No, he is not. The first red ranger of mighty morphin I can't remember his name. Tommy is the 2nd red ranger.
Third, actually. Rocky Delgado took over after Jason left, Tommy took the helm for Zeo and the first part of Turbo.
ForeverRed
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Mika Kikuchi
Favorite Band: None. I can't hear!

Post by ForeverRed »

I prefer Super Sentai and Saban's Power Rangers more than bullshit called Disney.
pan2dapan
Gao
Favorite series: Kyoryuger.Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: W.PGSM.Gekiranger.
Dreamy: Kisaragi Gentarou
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: MCR, Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Motorcity
Quote: 'Live Slow. Die Whenever
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by pan2dapan »

I've been watching since the beginning...Those were simpler times. Days when my little brother and I could take our yellow and green head flipping "morphing" rangers out to wage epic battles on a giant mount of dirt. /nostalgia

I've pretty much enjoyed most of the PR seasons to date, the exceptions being Lightspeed Rescue [I DISLIKE IT SO MUCH I USE CAPSLOCK.], Wild Force, and Mystic Force. Granted OO had it's fair share of crap moments, I still laughed a lot, so I can't really hate on it that much. Cause if we can't laugh at Tyzonn, who can we laugh at?

I think that the most stand out season for me was also Dino Thunder. It reminded me of how cool I thought JDF was, even when he had a mullet. And there also happened to be the fact that I was also really into watching "The Tribe" on WAM, and I just about died the first time I saw Devin. Cause he was a psychopathic Germaphobe on "The Tribe" who had Connor as his underling. And things like this make me giggle insanely for some reason. And then there was the just the overall sense of cool that it had to me. It was like PR had finally became more mature. [Only to be stripped of that maturity after such a short time.]

I believe I will really mourn the loss of PR if it truly goes animated. I'll probably like light a fire and give a eulogy or something. It'd be really hard to let go of something that's held my interests for the past 16-17 odd years. [Wow, it does not feel like it's been that long.]
Ant Crown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR: 555
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Den-O

Post by Ant Crown »

I was a fan of the series up to DT. After that I mostly skipped SPD...Just too annoying and that's not a complaint about Bridge, Z, or Kat
<<
>>
I came back during Mystic Force and HATED the slowmo, and Explosions. I was half expecting Disney to actually throw in some of it's stuff.

The only thing I liked about OO was having another mishmash team up only this time with JYB. It would seem that JYB like JFD was hanging around at the time and Bosch is certainly busy with having a band and voice Dubbing (Ichigo Kurosaki, and Vash the Stampede).

So that's vaguely mentionable.

As far as favorite series: I gotta honestly put both 1st MMPR and Time Force

It's not for Tommy anyway...I loved how Jason OPERATES. Billy was a few steps down from both MacGyver and Washu.

Time Force: I wish I paid more attention but I enjoyed the hell out of it.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

JYB was also Sakaki in Witch Hunter Robin.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Ant Crown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Ant Crown »

Saejima Kouga wrote:JYB was also Sakaki in Witch Hunter Robin.
I only named those I could remember :oops: :oops:
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

How could you forget Witch Hunter Robin? It's better than the two you named!
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Ant Crown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Ant Crown »

Saejima Kouga wrote:How could you forget Witch Hunter Robin? It's better than the two you named!
Never sat down to watch the series. :oops:
Susan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Susan »

I was about to answer this thread, but pan2dapan and I have almost IDENTICAL lives, it seems, because that post says almost what I was going to say! :lol:

I have been watching Power Rangers since I was a kid. Lightspeed Rescue, Wildforce, Ninja Storm, and Mystic Force are my least favorites, but I've missed bits and pieces of some series and I have yet to watch Jungle Fury.

I love the original Mighty Morphin' the most, for it's superb cheesiness. I get all nostalgic and weepy-eye when I watch it. Yes, it kinda sucked! But it had Jason David Frank and I've loved him as pretty much every ranger he's ever been (It's crazy how he's appeared in over 200 episodes of Power Rangers to date!). I really enjoyed Dino Thunder as well because of JDF, although it's not in my top 3 series. Mighty Morphin' also had the GLORY that is Bulk and Skull. I loved those guys. :D

The best series, imo, was In Space. Lost Galaxy was good too. Those 2, besides the original, are my faves. Time Force was great too. Those years were like the golden years of Power Rangers, with just the hiccup of Lightspeed Rescue.

Operation Overdrive, I agree, had it's crappy moments but I also enjoyed it. Although now I really want to see Boukenger instead. I watched Magiranger alongside Kamen Rider Hibiki back in 2005 so I couldn't even stand to look at Mystic Force. All of the trailers for it really sucked too. Honestly, the Sentai series is better (Altho I do prefer SPD over Deka) so if I watch the Sentai I can't watch the Power Rangers.

But as a kid who grew up on American, hacked-up Toku, I'm totally used to it and have developed a strong love for it!

On the other hand, right now if you asked what my fave Toku is...

Yeah, I'd have to say Kamen Rider beats all. :lol:
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I actually lost interest in PR when Lightspeed Rescue started. Not for anything to do with that show, mind you, but Lost Galaxy pissed me off enough that I wasn't willing to indulge Saban again. Time Force changed my mind, though, and Wild Force changed it again. Then Ninja Storm was so promising (I Love Lothor was a great episode), and... then I moved away to a place where I didn't get ABC anymore. I haven't been able to stand Disney PR since.

As for favorites, I really liked Time Force. Two nearly-identical Red Rangers who couldn't stand each other was just a cool character element, how could you not like that? And hey, Vernon Wells as a disgusting, yet fatherly, evil mutant from the future? Nice.
Ant Crown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Ant Crown »

dancercotillion wrote:I actually lost interest in PR when Lightspeed Rescue started. Not for anything to do with that show, mind you, but Lost Galaxy pissed me off enough that I wasn't willing to indulge Saban again. Time Force changed my mind, though, and Wild Force changed it again. Then Ninja Storm was so promising (I Love Lothor was a great episode), and... then I moved away to a place where I didn't get ABC anymore. I haven't been able to stand Disney PR since.

As for favorites, I really liked Time Force. Two nearly-identical Red Rangers who couldn't stand each other was just a cool character element, how could you not like that? And hey, Vernon Wells as a disgusting, yet fatherly, evil mutant from the future? Nice.
Not to mention he was one of two guys who took on an Battlized Red and demorphed them.
PerfectBlue8
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by PerfectBlue8 »

I like the ones with JYB :D

I watch MMPR all 3 seasons, Zeo, and the 1st half season of Turbo.
Only some episodes of Ninja Storm, SPD, and Mystic Force. :)

Return to “Americanized stuff”