Favorite Power Ranger Series

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer
Alignment: Neutral

Favorite Power Ranger Series

Post by guile_bio »

I think this is the right place to post this topic, so anyways, just post whatever series you like.
I LOVE ZEO, ITS JUST AWSOME.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Time Force, no doubt about it.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

MMPR1. I always wanted to take a ride with Kimberly in the pterodactyl so I could see her...."nice stereo" ...
Last edited by Saejima Kouga on Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
teh_unknown1
Honey System
Favorite series: Magi, Den-O, GARO
Dreamy: Satou Takeru. ^_^
Favorite Band: MSI right now.
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by teh_unknown1 »

Dino Thunder--Dunno what it was, but it was just really fun for me.

SPD--*shrugs* Loved Deka, and SPD didn't let me down.
Algo Fonix
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Dreamy: Give me a minute
Favorite Band: Haken
Quote: You should be, 'cause I'm havin the time of my liiiiiife right now!

Post by Algo Fonix »

It's definitely MMPR. Closely followed by PRiS. Both are great series, while iS has the better story. I dunno, I like em all up through Wild Force.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

First season of Power Rangers for the same reason some people today still watch the original B&W Godzilla movie (Cheese factor anyone XP )

And SPD because it had something, something that made me want to see it again only with a better writer... And then I did when I saw Dekaranger ^^
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer
Alignment: Neutral

Post by guile_bio »

Saejima Kouga wrote:MMPR1. I always wanted to take a ride with Kimberly in the pterodactyl so I could see her...."nice stereo" ...
Whoops! Can't forget the team that started it all! MMPR! DinoThunder too.
Dr. Who 07
Adventure
Favorite series: Geki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Magumi
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dr. Who 07 »

MMPR & DT
& if you ask me as much fan service as we had in DT they really messed a great opportunity to really bridge the the seasons with an MMPR team-up. But i guess that's what are fanfics are for :)
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Dr. Who 07 wrote:& if you ask me as much fan service as we had in DT they really messed a great opportunity to really bridge the the seasons with an MMPR team-up. But i guess that's what are fanfics are for :)
The actors can't stay young forever. JDF was lucky, his looks and physique hadn't gone down the drain too much by '04, but some of the others are mere shadows of their former glory, and Thuy Trang, of course, is deceased. Things like "Forever Red", "Legacy of Power", and "Once a Ranger" were the best approaches to things like that.
Aine
7X
Favorite series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Mele
Favorite Actor?: Hirofumi Araki
Favorite Band: Merry

Post by Aine »

Drago11 wrote:The actors can't stay young forever. JDF was lucky, his looks and physique hadn't gone down the drain too much by '04, but some of the others are mere shadows of their former glory, and Thuy Trang, of course, is deceased. Things like "Forever Red", "Legacy of Power", and "Once a Ranger" were the best approaches to things like that.
JDF was also the youngest of the cast at the time, which has probably added to his longevity.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

MMPR 'cause it started it all, and as a kid it was just fantastic.
PRiS, it practically was the Seires finale to Power Ranger in my book. C2D, best episodes ever.
<.< >.> Isn't it against the rules to talk about Power Rangers?
AmienZero
NagoSan
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: Instrumental Music
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: SILENCE! I KEEL YOU!

Post by AmienZero »

i supposed so, but since it's in the Americanized stuff, it should be okay. right?

the best series for me would be the original MMPR, followed by Zeo, and In Space after that.
"Untouchable Spirit! Rin-Jyu T-Rex-ken!"

SILENCE! I KEEL YOU! *evil stare*
Kuro
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kuro »

definitely Wild Force
Partly because of the Mecha/equipment (those thingies look really really great) and partly because of Zen-Aku/Master Org. While Zen-Aku is a little bit more on the generic side (but still quite awesome) Master Org has to be the greatest PR-villain ever.
Second would be Lost Galaxy and third Ninja Storm (I don't know why but I love Ninja Storm).
KRendBlade
Kamen Knight

Post by KRendBlade »

ShinmeiSuzaku wrote:MMPR 'cause it started it all, and as a kid it was just fantastic.
PRiS, it practically was the Seires finale to Power Ranger in my book. C2D, best episodes ever.
<.< >.> Isn't it against the rules to talk about Power Rangers?
Well, it does say "To keep this kind of stuff off the regular forums" right on the front. It'd be false advertising to get rid of this.

I like MMPR because of the nostalgia, although looking back on it now, I can see it was kind of scrambling for ratings near the end. With sergeant chimps, amnesia plots, and other zany shenanigans, I can't watch the tail end of the series with a straight face.

I think SPD is my favorite now. I like how they linked it to Time Force (my other favorite), although It's too bad they had to kill off Wes for it. But someone needs to tell Disney to lay off the wire-fu. Not everyone has to spin 16 times before they hit the ground. Cheapens the effect.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

KRendBlade wrote:I think SPD is my favorite now. I like how they linked it to Time Force (my other favorite), although It's too bad they had to kill off Wes for it. But someone needs to tell Disney to lay off the wire-fu. Not everyone has to spin 16 times before they hit the ground. Cheapens the effect.
Last I checked SPD wasnt linked with Time Force, 'cause Sky's dad wasnt Wes contrary to popular belief. They just recycled the Timeforce Costume just like they recycled the Space costumes for A squad.

Return to “Americanized stuff”