Back in Action

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
Digifiend
Gabu

Re: Back in Action

Post by Digifiend »

That Guy wrote:The last Saban-produced show was Wild Force. Disney bought Fox Family partway through its run, though, so while it continued to be produced by Saban, it finished its run on Disney. Agreed that Time Force was hardcore. Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder also were not bad. SPD....I didn't like it all that much, I suppose it had its merits. Mystic Force is the one that made me stop watching PR.
Saban announced Wild Force and designed it's logo, but the buyout was after the licensing show in 2001 and while Time Force was still airing. So Wild Force is Disney, not Saban, who sold it while the series was still in pre-production.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I stand corrected. I guess I assumed it was Saban because production was still in California instead of New Zealand. And it started broadcast on Fox Kids.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

From what the live feed said:
Okay to quickly sum up what Elie Dekel confirmed:

-PR 2011 will have 40 new episodes
-Still no mention of the season's name
-Power Rangers will air 7 days a week on Nicktoons (reruns)
-Casting just beginning and production starts this fall
-They're really excited and fully behind in supporting Power Rangers.
-Mr. Dekel even promoted Power Morphicon and acknowledged that Power Rangers has adult fans.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

40 episodes that's nice.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

That Guy wrote:I stand corrected. I guess I assumed it was Saban because production was still in California instead of New Zealand. And it started broadcast on Fox Kids.
I think the plot being shitty kinda gives it away. Maybe it's just me, but doesn't anyone remember anything from that series aside from Forever Red?
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Other than the fact that major plot points like the Rouki/Zen Aku arc are copied from Gaoranger? No.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:I think the plot being shitty kinda gives it away. Maybe it's just me, but doesn't anyone remember anything from that series aside from Forever Red?
I remember that they pulled a Mighty Morphin' and made GaoYellow into a girl for Wild Force, but yeah, not much else. XD;
Nexus_Schwarz... Is taking a nap, do not disturb.

^Sig by Yahiko~
That Guy
Save the life

Post by That Guy »

I think people forget that they kept the 3 guys, 2 girls thing for all ten seasons. Except Alien Rangers, but that was short enough that nobody cares. This resulted in all shows with a male yellow changing it to female. Why does everybody get all worked up over particular shows doing it? Did they not notice that yellow was ALWAYS a girl (except in Alien Rangers) in Saban's PR?

Anyway. As for plots, I remember Master Org being human, him turning Jindrax and Toxica into some kind of mutated orgs when they found out his secret, Cole finding out that Master Org was Dr. Adler and had killed his parents, Merrick being the princess's old lover....I remember pretty much the entire season. Go me.
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

That Guy wrote:I think people forget that they kept the 3 guys, 2 girls thing for all ten seasons. Except Alien Rangers, but that was short enough that nobody cares. This resulted in all shows with a male yellow changing it to female. Why does everybody get all worked up over particular shows doing it? Did they not notice that yellow was ALWAYS a girl (except in Alien Rangers) in Saban's PR?

Anyway. As for plots, I remember Master Org being human, him turning Jindrax and Toxica into some kind of mutated orgs when they found out his secret, Cole finding out that Master Org was Dr. Adler and had killed his parents, Merrick being the princess's old lover....I remember pretty much the entire season. Go me.
/me high fives That Guy.
ImageImage
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama

Post by Leonite Rider »

I remember the entire series, mostly not by choice. When it showed in Australia, they used it as the only Power Rangers show (on subscription TV) for a year and a half of Saturdays. I remember a lot. I remember who owns what zord (not the extras at the end, obviously), all the zord finishers they had and some that don't exist, killing the Tombstone Org with bubbles, the fountain exploding near the end... *Cuts self off before he can start ranting*

But then again, the kickassness of Zen Aku's summoning tune and Cole's battlizer/killing Serpenterra theme more than makes up for it. I also remember hearing somewhere that Wild Force was simmilar to Gaoranger in a lot of ways, can anyone verify if this is true or not?

Over all I don't see Wild Force as a bad series, but mainly due to the zords and the team up.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
Draiken
Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Magic: The Gathering

Post by Draiken »

Leonite Rider wrote:I also remember hearing somewhere that Wild Force was simmilar to Gaoranger in a lot of ways, can anyone verify if this is true or not?

Over all I don't see Wild Force as a bad series, but mainly due to the zords and the team up.
Skewed Studios is subbing Gaoranger, so you can check out their site and see for yourself how similar Gao is/isn't to Wild Force.

I personally find many aspects to be similar and that some episodes were practically copied from Gao to Wild Force, but Master Org/Dr. Adler added an interesting spin to the series kinda reminiscent of In Space (where Astronema had her own connection to Andros like how Master Org has with Cole).
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

I remember I didn't like Cole's character, I like Taylor, Forever Red where Cole destroy Serpentera with his new motorcycle (which was the stupidest thing ever!), and Reinforcements from the Future, in which Wes x Jen and Eric giving Taylor a speeding ticket and they kinda sorta ionno ended up together at picnic in the end.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

That Guy wrote:I stand corrected. I guess I assumed it was Saban because production was still in California instead of New Zealand. And it started broadcast on Fox Kids.
That's true. It was made by MMPR Productions in California, but Disney was in charge, as proven by the © MMII Disney Enterprises label in the end credits.

And I agree about Forever Red, they really should've had a Zord battle, not used the bike.
That Guy
Save the life

Post by That Guy »

shadowneko003 wrote:I remember I didn't like Cole's character, I like Taylor, Forever Red where Cole destroy Serpentera with his new motorcycle (which was the stupidest thing ever!), and Reinforcements from the Future, in which Wes x Jen and Eric giving Taylor a speeding ticket and they kinda sorta ionno ended up together at picnic in the end.
Wes x Jen forever!
Reinforcements from the Future was probably one of the best crossovers ever, after the Galaxy/Space crossover. Not too big on Taylor x Eric, but everything else was fantastic. Especially purifying Ransik.
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama

Post by Leonite Rider »

I think that they (Disney in this case) decided reusing Zord footage to create a battle was too expensive. Hence why Serpenterra is not like it's original footage.

In fact, Cole vs Serpenterra was the worst part of Forever Red. Yes I can understand them wanting to showcase the new guy with SOMETHING to make him stand out amongst the group but they could've done it with one of his zord combinations, or even the freaking BATTLIZER. But no, they used the bike.

And Reinforcements from the Future... yeah, thats awesome too. Especially seeing as they made sure that no one team overshadowed the other in terms of skill too much. They meshed together well.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things

Return to “Americanized stuff”