Power Rangers Jungle Fury

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
Kami_no_Kamen
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Undecided/All
2nd Favorite Series: Same...
Dreamy: Older Hana.
Favorite Actor?: Not Sure
Favorite Band: Devil Wears Prada
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Women, and Toku
Quote: "Kim: Is your girlfriend distracting you?
Scott: My girlfriend? Wh-
Knives: ... I'll be quieter...."

Power Rangers Jungle Fury

Post by Kami_no_Kamen »

I was wondering if anybody else has seen it all? I'm currently on episode 27 out of 32 n I find it amazing that.... (View if you want, Idk if this can be considered a spoiler so I'll just use the tags anyway lol.)

Spoiler
In every episode, the main three rangers use all of there force/might to enhance bringing out their glasses to transform. Such a easy task they add a "Hah!" to it to make taking glasses out of its holder an inch cool. Why oh why?

it's not that bad of a series, but what do you guys think? Could it have been better? How so n so on.
Completed -
Kamen Rider - Kabuto, Decade, Faiz, Den-O, Kiva, W, Agito
Super Sentai - Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger

Active -
Kamen RIder - Ooo, Blade
Super Sentai - Goseiger, Jetman
Manga - Hajime No Ippo, Pluto, Monster
Draiken
Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Magic: The Gathering

Re: Power Rangers Jungle Fury

Post by Draiken »

For the first Disney season I've watched all of (okay, technically it was Wild Force, but let's not go there), I actually liked it a good amount. Ending wasn't really satisfying to me, and the one episode where the rangers are trapped in a TV game show felt like a waste, especially with how long each clip was of previous episodes in relation to the game question. Sunglasses seemed silly, but for me, they just blended in as part of the series. Spirit Rangers were something of an interesting idea; somehow, I think Casey's bike was just there for merchandising and non-stock footage.

(Also, a friend of mine, in response to my initial abhorrence to the sunglasses, ordered a pair off of Amazon in spite of my protests. At that point, I decided to accept that I was getting them and watched Jungle Fury to see and learn the morph. Wore them around for about an hour after I got them; they were a tad small, the battery area was annoying, and I got some weird looks, but I thought it was fun to be strange and geeky for a while. Now if the glasses were less of a toy and and just a little more practical, I'd be pretty happy to wear them around on a bright sunny day. XD)
superslothic
Adventure
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: W

Post by superslothic »

I watched most of it, but I'd always get this crushing disappointment whenever not!Rio turned around. Too fug. /shallow

And not!Rio's backstory...cheating on his math test made him evil? :roll: In conclusion, that character needed serious, serious help.

It was hilarious how Theo would go from being shorter than everyone to being taller than everyone with the power of spandex, though. They could have at least tried to match the actors. :lol:
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

superslothic wrote:I watched most of it, but I'd always get this crushing disappointment whenever not!Rio turned around. Too fug. /shallow

And not!Rio's backstory...cheating on his math test made him evil? :roll: In conclusion, that character needed serious, serious help.

It was hilarious how Theo would go from being shorter than everyone to being taller than everyone with the power of spandex, though. They could have at least tried to match the actors. :lol:
If height differences bother you, don't watch SPD. XP
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama

Post by Leonite Rider »

I liked the series... the only thing that dissapointed me was the lack of a battlizer... when they had a PERFECT oppitunity to give Casey one... poor Wyger.

And don't forget even Saban had height problems, Carter was about 6' or higher in American footage.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
superslothic
Adventure
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: W

Post by superslothic »

That Guy wrote: If height differences bother you, don't watch SPD. XP
I actually liked SPD! I didn't even notice it. I only nitpick when I'm not into a show. Or if I really love a show and have watched it five times. In this case, I loved Geki and saw it twice, so then during Jungle Fury, I was watching the fight scenes like "Hmm... GekiBlue was Fantastic Technique, but here the blue ranger is just brawling like everybody else. That must be the new footage!" I didn't notice stuff like that when I was watching RPM, say. Granted, I watched half of that before I hit up Go-On.
Leonite Rider wrote:And don't forget even Saban had height problems, Carter was about 6' or higher in American footage.
Turbo springs to mind. lol Carter is... Lightspeed Rescue? Couldn't get past the theme song that season, to be honest.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

At least they showed Justin changing size during his morph. XP

SPD is like the definitive season for obscene height differences. Sky was at least a head taller than everybody else, and Syd was at least a head shorter. I think Jack was like the shortest male of the team. Then when they morphed, Red was tallest, then Blue and Green close behind, then Pink and Yellow close behind that. And let's not even talk about Kruger.
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama

Post by Leonite Rider »

I didn't actually notice the hieght difference until Sky morphed into SPD Red, and by then I chalked it up to Sky being tall. Either that or Bridge's buttery finger wiggle distracted me.

I do think we're getting off topic though.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things

Return to “Americanized stuff”