Power Rangers Samurai

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Power Rangers Samurai

Post by Catastrophe »

This has just started airing in New Zealand. Quite funny, despite the fact it has been filmed here since 2003, it has never been shown on TV since the end of the first season of MMPR in 1993/4.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Gunzy wrote:They fixed that in Samurai and retconned it showing that Dayuu and Juuzo/Dekker were married and she gave him her guitar thing and she gave him his sword. What follows after that is pretty much what happened in the Sentai.
so...she gave him two things?(sorry, i needed to say it xD)
I don't really care of how much it is like shinkenger. I can live with that...but theycneed to give us the same level of humour as in ninja storm? Seriously, sometimes i want to cut my ears to stop the terrible puns.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

I've had this whole big spiel stewing in my head for a while, about how Samurai is the definitive proof that Power Rangers is at it's best when it's not copying the Sentai and at it's worst when it's assuming the target audience is the only audience, yadda yadda yadda...

But I don't need it anymore.
Last night, I found out Power Rangers seasons up to Zeo in addition to Samurai (Or at least the first twenty-odd episodes, the holiday specials and the Clash of the Red Rangers movie) are on Netflix, and I ran into this line in the Halloween special...

"They had me all tied up, and I was in knots! And that was KNOTS fair!"

Now, lemme walk you through that.

Somebody. Wrote that line. Intentionally typed it up, read it back and thought to themselves "Yeah, this is totally quality work worth submitting that won't get me fired."
And then, someone else read it and thought "Yeah, this is PERFECT! This is totally a good line!" And paid someone else to record it.

There's everything I need to know about how Saban does this show.
They do, indeed, assume that their target audience of young American children is the only audience that matters.
And they believe the children of America are retarded.

I shouldn't be surprised, come to think of it... This same company stuck with the Zyuranger suits plus the Kiba Ranger through three Zord changes that their helmet designs now had nothing to do with, because they assumed kids would be confused if they changed the costumes.

(They couldn't have been more wrong, by the way. Even as a kid, I was wondering why they never got new costumes along with the new Zords.)
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i have believed they were retarded since Kamen Rider Dragon Knight's low ratings...(okay, to be fair, Dragon Knight had to face RPM, so it was not a fair fight xD), but yeah, i'm not sure what demographic they are aiming to. i believe Power Rangers's demographic can easily be 13-16, but sometimes i feel like they try to do this show for 5 years old(in fact, i once read a rumour that the actors were told to act like they were talking to little kids...and that wouldn't surprise me), and i wouldn't mind so much...if they understood that even 5 years old can be annoyed by the hurricane of puns in this show! but my theory is that they are trying to secure their audience for the next season...i only wish they can pull something GOOD from...geez...Goseiger( :evil: )
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Assuming they write their own story for Mega Force rather than just run translated Goseiger scripts through their pun-generating software like they're doing for Samurai, it shouldn't be hard to get something good out of it. That series' major failings were in the writing department.

Samurai is beyond saving at this point though.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

TheLastTatlFan wrote:Assuming they write their own story for Mega Force rather than just run translated Goseiger scripts through their pun-generating software like they're doing for Samurai, it shouldn't be hard to get something good out of it. That series' major failings were in the writing department.

Samurai is beyond saving at this point though.
my only hope right now is, whatever they do in megaforce, it can't be worse than Goseiger...xD
rizefall
Swedish Meatball
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by rizefall »

What do people even think of this show? For me it looks kinda corny... I can still watch MMPR today and enjoy it but most of the new Power Rangers has been.. Well i dont know not as good and i'm serious.

Still when it comes to MMPR i only like when the originals are in and before the white ranger comes. That's the original for me and the most fun part of the whole Ranger Saga. Other then that, the fun shit they do in Space and with Dino Thunder is also cool.
"Lady Luck is smilin"

Return to “Americanized stuff”