Dreamy: Hikawa
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa
Favorite Band: FoC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: King! Ha!

Re: KR Kiva 22 released

Post by riderkicker »

Thanks TVN!
So Mio's gonna hang around for awhile, until she's revealed to be one of 'em monsters.

Best part was obviously Otoya in drag, with Jirou saying "I was too disgusted to help you." or something. Since Otoya's stealing the show too much. I'm hoping for an entire episode set in the 80s. If only the producers realized that Kohei plays a better main character than Seto.
And at that Albie cried a single tear which turned into a jelly bean all the colors of the rainbow! And
suddenly...Albie wasn't racist anymore!!!
Ant Crown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR: 555
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Den-O
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Ant Crown »

Deka_Hero wrote:it's good to see Yuria Haga again, 5 years after she starred in 555.
She still look's as good as ever! :oops:

Spoiler
I LoL at Otoya this epsiode, not only did he fall for a obvious golddigger, he dresses up in a 250,000 yen dress. :P

Poor Jirou, got rejected :roll:
She happens to be my age too...
Zenacra
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Seto Koji
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: fat girls

Post by Zenacra »

riderkicker wrote:If only the producers realized that Kohei plays a better main character than Seto.
feh, you only say that because Seto-Sama plays an introverted character rather than a flirtatious, overly-extroverted asshole like Kohei-San plays. I personally preffer the character Wataru over his father. his father's the type of guy I think make our gender look bad. there need to be more real people like Wataru...
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I'm so used to seeing that guy being a bad guy, that him becoming a good guy would be like "o___O; da hell!?"
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Snowflake
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Wataru Kurenai
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Favorite Band: TETRA-FANG
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Snowflake »

Zenacra wrote:
riderkicker wrote:If only the producers realized that Kohei plays a better main character than Seto.
feh, you only say that because Seto-Sama plays an introverted character rather than a flirtatious, overly-extroverted asshole like Kohei-San plays. I personally preffer the character Wataru over his father. his father's the type of guy I think make our gender look bad. there need to be more real people like Wataru...
I totally agree with that, Zenacra!

Kohei Takeda as lead instead of Koji? Never ... excuse me, but Otoya still annoys the hell out of me and the past feels like watching a cheap soap-opera. I mean, how many episodes are Otoya and Jirou now fighting over either Yuri or IXA, and nothing really new happened in the action department or story wise? It´s not good to see IXA covering in dust. An entire episode set in 1989? The Date-episode was already a sample and the long past-part for me on the edge of utter boredom. So many stupid antics. The date in the present was really cute compared to that with these 3 totally different boys so suddenly and more or less unwillingly thrown together with 3 girls. :lol: It even brought us something new: A girlfriend for Wataru. :oops:

Maya is the only one bringing action in the past now and I would like to see more of her, Rikki and Ramon, rather than this endless quarrel of these two alpha-males there. I think we already got that Otoya and Jirou are rivals, really no need to drag it out for over half of the show.

At this point, I would so prefer a mother/son story a lot over the father/son one, because these two are a lot more intersting and mysterious. Wataru is awesome, he has to be the most adorable rider in history. <3 Yes, I prefer shy guys with brains over arrogant (wannabe-) womanizer too. :D

The little romance between Wataru and Mio is great! <3 I wish it would be possible for Otoya to learn a lesson from his son about how to treat a girl. :P
Last edited by Snowflake on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

You really dont see how Otoya is? He's always doin the idiot, but when Yuri wanted IXA back from Jirou, he was there for her, down on his knees behind his rival in love. When Yuri had a date with him just to make Jirou jealous, Otoya said "this is not the Yuri I want". When the girl from the group date was exploitin him, Otoya was happy to know that she hasnt a injured brother. He's a good guy at heart, and he acts as a womanizer just coz he's shy.
Otoya FTW ^__^

He's not in the category that makes the men look bad. He's always flirtin, but he doesnt cheat on anyone. His heart is pure.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Zenacra wrote:his father's the type of guy I think make our gender look bad. there need to be more real people like Wataru...
That's an odd thing to say...

Anyway, Otoya's not that bad. He's not a misogynist or anything and based on the facts presented before us, he treats women quite well. I like the fact that he plays by he's a free spirit that plays by his own rules, at the same time he's not judgmental.

So I was thinking, if Otoya has taken the main character spot from Wataru, Kengo taken the best bud spot from Nago, does that mean Mio has taken the present day female lead spot from Megumi? I like Megumi's character, but Mio's had a lot more characterization in two episodes than Megumi has in the whole series. I like her character, yet it seems unfair since she was the lead in Faiz too
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I think you're onto something with the replacing there Take.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Kogashi wrote:I think you're onto something with the replacing there Take.
Well, I'm half joking, but it seems true doesn't it? Even though they're starting to fix Nago, I imagine sooner or later Kengo will get IXA and the main story will focus on Wataru, Kengo, and Mio. Maybe Kengo and Wataru will fight over her, that'd be neat!
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium

Post by Raida|23 »

Mmh...we already know that in Kiva history is important/repeats itself. Now, since probably
Spoiler
Mio is a fangire or something [and a high level one too, I actually thought she's the new Queen]. IMO we'll see Wataru fallin in love with the Queen just how his dad before him -I believe Queen Maya is Wataru's mum.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So Wataru is seeking out his mom, lol. All he needs to do now is kill his dad to be Oedipus
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium

Post by Raida|23 »

Actually, I meant Wataru will
Spoiler
fall in love with the new Queen, aka Mio. Not with Maya.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So it's a mother's complex than an Oedipus complex, same difference
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium

Post by Raida|23 »

Well, Wataru doesnt know
Spoiler
Mio is the new Queen fangire -if she is, of course- so I dont see any mummy complex. Of course, all this theory of mine could be totally wrong if she isnt what I think.

Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Nice to see the return of Dogga Hammer with it's all seeing eye. Good episode Mio really looked good in that dress she picked out, also loved the scenes with Otoya doing manual labor even if it was for a gold digger. Ah Nago always the downer with everything but now he has a girl that's developed a crush on him that's certainly to make for good times. I'm surprised that it took this long for the Chameleon Fangire to be killed you'd think if the guy is in the same shop and doing the exact same thing for all these years, the company that made Ixa and hunts down the Fangires would have taken care of him, but i guess making a radar system for Ixa is way beyond their capabilities.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kamen Rider Kiva”