Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Kiva 34 released

Post by takenoko »

Dengar wrote:No... I never said that. I'm saying it's not his fault that his arm got shot.
Eh, how do you figure? What exactly do people think happens when they join the army?

It's too bad he broke his magical fingers, but he's an adult and kind of responsible for the decisions that he makes in his life. It makes him look really pathetic to go around blaming Wataru and Nago for his misfortune.

"Wah, I lost my best friends, wait, I drove them away, lol. Now I'm back to treat them even worse"
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

I'm not really pleased with the direction they've taken Kengo. I expected his stupidity would kind of blow over and he'd patch things up with Wataru. Instead he's going down the way of Yaguruma, somehow... O__o; At least he didn't disappear for like 20 episodes, I guess.

I agree with Take-senpai. I was hoping he'd figure out that he should be responsible for what he did and accept that Wataru had abso-freakin-lutely nothing to do with it. After all, Kengo was the one that was all gung-ho to be a part of the organization....

I thought it was pretty hilarious seeing him pwn Nago, though. But that's just because I hate Nago. XD

Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

takenoko wrote:Eh, how do you figure? What exactly do people think happens when they join the army?

It's too bad he broke his magical fingers, but he's an adult and kind of responsible for the decisions that he makes in his life. It makes him look really pathetic to go around blaming Wataru and Nago for his misfortune.

"Wah, I lost my best friends, wait, I drove them away, lol. Now I'm back to treat them even worse"
Again, I'm not denying that he's being a bit stupid toward Wataru (although Nago actually DID discard him so he's in the right there). But are you saying he should not have been fighting in the first place?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion. It's simple. He decided to go out and fight monsters, consequently that made him get hurt. He has no one to blame for the consequences of his decision but himself

Last I checked, Nago didn't force the guy to fight monsters against his will. Wataru does nothing but support Kengo and all he does is receive ingratitude
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

yumenotenshi07 wrote:I'm not really pleased with the direction they've taken Kengo. I expected his stupidity would kind of blow over and he'd patch things up with Wataru. Instead he's going down the way of Yaguruma, somehow... O__o; At least he didn't disappear for like 20 episodes, I guess.
Me too.

I guess over-excited character don't make a good emo character.

Yeah, even I think it's too much that Kengo does that. Sure Wataru lied, but...holding a grudge isn't a good thing. Kengo had a good reason with Nago though. It's kinda rude for someone just to dump a former student just because a better student came along.

Forgiveness is an important trait to have.

I just feel like writers are messing up what could have been a fun character.
Nago is better being crazy emo guy that's obsessed with buttons than Kengo for losing his dream. At least Nago don't go around and attack other people (other than Kiva) like Kengo did toward Nago.

But above all, I think it's more disturbing how the boss (forgot his name) took advantage of Kengo's broken dream for their own gains.

That boss...I never felt comfortable with his attitude. It's like he's evil. Hmm, I have said that before.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Did Nago even want Kengo as his student though? It was Kengo that approached Nago, after all. I just felt like Kengo forced the situation.

Anyway, that was kind of dumb. It's not like Nago can't have more than one pupil. And Kengo can't really blame people for something said in a private conversation that he was eavesdropping on.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

Nago did gave Kengo a false sense of acceptance. Wataru gave Kengo a false sense of security. Yes he is totally overracting but you cannot deny the 'why'.

And please stop saying that I agree with Kengo's I-hate-everyone attitude.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think Nago and Wataru can be blamed for those things. Kengo makes absurd expectations of people and when they turn out to be false, he blames them. That's not cool. I'm still remember his "you guys suck for quitting the band". I mean, it's their right to quit the band. Kengo just expects everything to revolve around him

Dengar wrote:And please stop saying that I agree with Kengo's I-hate-everyone attitude.
And who said that?
blackv8
Adventure
Favorite series: Kikaida
Dreamy: Jennifer Connelly

Post by blackv8 »

I have a couple of questions:

What, if any, is the natural world lifeform that is the basis for the lady fangire who kidnaps other fangire? A bug like a roach? A sea based lifeform like an urchin? I haven't quite been able to detect it. Some are pretty obvious and some more abstract (and some, like bishop or queen, don't seem to be animal based at all- even though I always thought rook was based on a ram).

Is it my imagination or has Otoya lost all personality? And grooming habits? He is starting to look like a different character. Is he somehow being drained or possessed by his quest to make the perfect violin? I miss the arrogant bonehead that made me laugh so often. Even in the middle of making the violin, it seems like he should be hitting on Maya or trying to convince Yuri that all three of them need to take a bath together or something.

I guess no character in this story is destined to have a believable, consistent personality. They are all bipolar.
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

blackv8 wrote:I have a couple of questions:

What, if any, is the natural world lifeform that is the basis for the lady fangire who kidnaps other fangire? A bug like a roach? A sea based lifeform like an urchin? I haven't quite been able to detect it. Some are pretty obvious and some more abstract (and some, like bishop or queen, don't seem to be animal based at all- even though I always thought rook was based on a ram).
It's supposed to be a horsefly. LOL WTF M I RITE?
Is it my imagination or has Otoya lost all personality? And grooming habits? He is starting to look like a different character. Is he somehow being drained or possessed by his quest to make the perfect violin? I miss the arrogant bonehead that made me laugh so often. Even in the middle of making the violin, it seems like he should be hitting on Maya or trying to convince Yuri that all three of them need to take a bath together or something.

I guess no character in this story is destined to have a believable, consistent personality. They are all bipolar.
Remember that Maya is different from any other girl that Otoya has ever encountered. I've done some studying on relationships between men and women, and so I hope this is somewhat applicable.

Otoya acts arrogant around women because that's his most comfortable way of approaching one. His confidence can attract most women, who can't help but feel vulnerable to it, and in situations like with Yuri, who will at first reject him, Otoya will try even harder to grab her attention to the point of being extremely annoying.

But Maya is the only woman he's ever met that seems to understand Otoya's talent. In fact, her responses to his arrogance seems to catch him off guard - not only does she reaffirm his genius, but she goes farther to push the completely right buttons for him that no woman has ever done before. Thus, aside from the short arrogant remark as a reaction from Maya validating his genius, Otoya doesn't really need to act his usual way because he has no reason to. Maya made Otoya feel so in sync with her that she pulled away that arrogant layer that makes him feel comfortable. In other words, she penetrated through it and is attracting his inner self.
blackv8
Adventure
Favorite series: Kikaida
Dreamy: Jennifer Connelly

Post by blackv8 »

Warrior of Zarona wrote: It's supposed to be a horsefly. LOL WTF M I RITE?
That sounds as believable as anything else to me... she does seem to have wings folded on the back.
Warrior of Zarona wrote: Maya is the only woman he's ever met that seems to understand Otoya's talent. In fact, her responses to his arrogance seems to catch him off guard - not only does she reaffirm his genius, but she goes farther to push the completely right buttons for him that no woman has ever done before. Thus, aside from the short arrogant remark as a reaction from Maya validating his genius, Otoya doesn't really need to act his usual way because he has no reason to. Maya made Otoya feel so in sync with her that she pulled away that arrogant layer that makes him feel comfortable. In other words, she penetrated through it and is attracting his inner self.
Maybe so. If that's the case, I'm sorry that Otoya's inner self is pretty boring. Obviously, people in real life have more complexity than characters in a popular children's TV show. But sometimes trying to make fictional characters so complex makes for a less interesting story, as I believe may be the case here.

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts, WOZ!
lightning90
Favorite series: hmm..
Dreamy: ..no comment
Favorite Actor?: me?
Favorite Band: Abingdon Boys School
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by lightning90 »

WHOA!! momotaros possessed kengo? just be glad it's not sieg..

i was kinda hoping to see me revelations.. but eh~ just made me dizzy and dizzier

seriously, i want to see the mio maya scene.. there's question that needs answering!!
In My Veins, course The Blood That Wants You Dead...
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

The answer is simple really. Otoya is completely enchanted.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

I believe the term with one woman having many husbands is polyandry. Polygamy refers to multiple spouses and can go either way. Polygyny is having multiple wives. Also, an emperor can be thought of as someone that rules over many kings, so technically the ruler of the British Empire should have been called an emperor, not a king/queen. I guess they just decided that he/she would be the king/queen of all the countries instead of having a bunch of subordinate rulers called kings. Probably a good idea, since anyone with that title might have been tempted to rebellion. I'm just theorizing here, not really knowledgeable enough about British history to call it a certainty.

Anyway, great episode. Kiva's been really great for a stretch, starting about the time Mio was introduced. Wataru has another great one-liner: "Kivat?". Poor Shizuka and her unrequited love for a man way too old for her. Kengo was pretty impressive as a fighter this episode, but not a fan of how his character has changed. Beating up Nago for no reason is lame. I guess they wanted Ixa to go back to hating Kiva. Since Nago likes Wataru now, Ixa had to change hands. Only theory I can come up with. Nago's been awesome since he got schooled by Otoya in the past.

Return to “Kamen Rider Kiva”