Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Kiva 34 released

Post by takenoko »

Something I don't get about this is that if Kiva's form is called Emperor form, doesn't he technically outclass a king?

Also, I'm kind of not seeing how the King or Kiva symbol fit into the motif for Saga's armor. I mean, he's a snake right?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

And aside from Take's good points... how does Bishop not know who either of Wataru's parents are?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

-The writers are driving me nuts about Shizuka's role. On the surface she seems like one of the side characters that are oblivious to what is going. I'm not so sure anymore since there is undeniable proof that she knows of Kivat's existence.

-I don't think it is strange for Wataru's friends trying to cheer him up with a lost love party. The event is weird because he is the one organizing it. It is like someone baking a cake for their own birthday party.

-Nago being happy and smiling is just wrong.

-I'm torn about Kengo. I miss the old Kengo though many found him annoying. At the same time I am intrigued by what's in store for the new Kengo. After losing his dream and trust in Wataru, he is searching for a reason to live through Shima's guidance. It looks like Shima recruited Kengo because he doesn't fully trust Button Man with Rising IXA.

-The dialogue for the violin "foreplay" is so cheesy yet Otoya, as if in a trance, doesn't have any witty comebacks.

-Bishop's Fangire form is really complicated. The swans on his head form a harp shape while the face plate on the helmet has a butterfly silhouette.
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

Holy crap, Nago had a lot of party poppers.

I laughed a little when Bishop started slapping Wataru, I thought he was going to do something more tough than that.

Why do I have a feeling that this isn't the last time we'll hear about the whole using energy from other fangires thing?
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

takenoko wrote:Something I don't get about this is that if Kiva's form is called Emperor form, doesn't he technically outclass a king?

Also, I'm kind of not seeing how the King or Kiva symbol fit into the motif for Saga's armor. I mean, he's a snake right?
I agree, since the Emperor definitely diminuites King. Empire > Kingdom. For Saga with King motif, unless he's a King Cobra that is.
zeronos_potato_form
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Saki
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by zeronos_potato_form »

Got a feeling that Shima is the mastermind of all comflicts... so he does not trust IXA to Nago in case he found out the truth.
Kamen Rider Aranu
Mega
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Kizoku Kodomo[Aranu]
Favorite Actor?: Matt Smith
Favorite Band: Alice Cooper
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: "Henshin."

Post by Kamen Rider Aranu »

Wataru Bakes a cake while singing his theme song. Priceless
ImageImage
KRendBlade
Kamen Knight

Post by KRendBlade »

There's something about that experimental Fangire that I've been wondering about.
When she kidnapped that businessman and Prof. Kanda transferred his power to her, that orb of light that usually pops up after a Fangire dies never appeared; I assumed that she absorbed it.

So does this mean that she has more than one spirit inside of her? And if so, does this mean that she can die more than once, or did it just get merged with Businessman Fangire's powers (as a sort of package deal)?
Spoiler
Having another recurring character wouldn't hurt too much, but then again this idea was already used in Kamen Rider Faiz with Mr. J (I think that's his name); and even after he used up all his lives, I think he still survived in the end (can't remember for sure, it's been a while), so anything short of that would seem like an imitation.
Kamen Rider Aranu
Mega
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Kizoku Kodomo[Aranu]
Favorite Actor?: Matt Smith
Favorite Band: Alice Cooper
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: "Henshin."

Post by Kamen Rider Aranu »

KRendBlade wrote:There's something about that experimental Fangire that I've been wondering about.
When she kidnapped that businessman and Prof. Kanda transferred his power to her, that orb of light that usually pops up after a Fangire dies never appeared; I assumed that she absorbed it.

So does this mean that she has more than one spirit inside of her? And if so, does this mean that she can die more than once, or did it just get merged with Businessman Fangire's powers (as a sort of package deal)?
Spoiler
Having another recurring character wouldn't hurt too much, but then again this idea was already used in Kamen Rider Faiz with Mr. J (I think that's his name); and even after he used up all his lives, I think he still survived in the end (can't remember for sure, it's been a while), so anything short of that would seem like an imitation.
The orb thing is supposed to represent the Fangire's soul I think. Notice how when ever a rider does an overkill on the fangire, the soul doesn't so up either. I think that's because it gets destroied as well
ImageImage
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

Did anyone else noticed the reuse of the blue building location with the clown painted on it?
It was in Den-O where Ryo and Yuuto dressed up in costumes, and in an earlier ep of Kiva where Yuri & Megumi were kidnapped by Spider.
KRendBlade
Kamen Knight

Post by KRendBlade »

Kamen Rider Aranu wrote: The orb thing is supposed to represent the Fangire's soul I think. Notice how when ever a rider does an overkill on the fangire, the soul doesn't so up either. I think that's because it gets destroied as well
Oh, so it's just overkill. Well, if the procedure is dangerous enough to destroy that guy's soul, then it's probably affecting her soul as well. That would explain the painful side effect that appeared during her fight with IXA.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Kamen Rider Aranu wrote: The orb thing is supposed to represent the Fangire's soul I think. Notice how when ever a rider does an overkill on the fangire, the soul doesn't so up either. I think that's because it gets destroied as well
In all likelyhood, IXA and Kiva Emperor form have enough power to destroy fangire souls. Saga probably as well.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

solari wrote:Did anyone else noticed the reuse of the blue building location with the clown painted on it?
It was in Den-O where Ryo and Yuuto dressed up in costumes, and in an earlier ep of Kiva where Yuri & Megumi were kidnapped by Spider.
Indeed it was.
ArcaneMagus_JCC
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Ren / Go-on Blue
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by ArcaneMagus_JCC »

-- It's nice to see Nago revert back to his old "button maniac" self :p
-- Wataru: I also feel the same way... I also really like Taiga-kun..." WTF?
-- The scary house is the same one in Den-O, where Yuuto and Nogami came out in costumes ^_^
-- Looks like Taiga found himself a new aide / butler :p
-- By "Dark Kiva", maybe it's another form of Kiva/Saga?
-- So maybe Taiga really has no idea on what's taking place around him. Why would he be wondering about Mio's actions towards him lately?
Arms Monsters ^_^

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ArcaneMagus_JCC wrote:-- So maybe Taiga really has no idea on what's taking place around him. Why would he be wondering about Mio's actions towards him lately?
Yeah, that surprised me too. I guess that means his actions in the last episode were more ironic than sinister. So far he is being portrayed as a pretty decent guy. I'm kind of glad he's not just another asshole rider than fights with the protagonist for no reason

I dunno about Dark Kiva being a new form. The fact that Taiga recognizes Kiva as another possible candidate makes me think the rider form itself is the dark kiva. Or kiba.

Return to “Kamen Rider Kiva”