Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Kiva 35

Post by takenoko »

Edit: New front page pic. Go take a look!

Spoiler
LOL, Maya drained Otoya of his vitality. The violin making scene is obviously metaphorical

Ugh, Shima gave IXA to Kengo, the raging maniac? Even if he were a slightly decent boss, shouldn't he try to stop Kengo from beating up the guy with the broken arm?

Haha, from vampire to a bat. Yay pointless CGI battles
ArcaneMagus_JCC
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Ren / Go-on Blue
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Re: KR Kiva 35

Post by ArcaneMagus_JCC »

Nice episode :)

Spoiler
-- I guess it's clear now. It's the "power" who chooses the members of the Checkmate Four.
-- Is the flying snake thing a Sabbat of some kind?
-- Wonder what happened to Maya when her title was taken from her?
-- I can't believe IXA was given to Kengo... -_-
-- So Wataru finally tells Taiga about his true feelings for Mio...
-- Hmm... So something/someone's keeping Maya from seeing Wataru? I wonder what Wataru would be like had Maya been there to raise him. ^_^
Arms Monsters ^_^

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Spoiler
-- Wonder what happened to Maya when her title was taken from her?

I wonder if they kept it in her eye...

-- So Wataru finally tells Taiga about his true feelings for Mio...

Yeah, that made me feel good. Taiga's such an awesome friend. It kind of makes me groan to realize that someday he and Wataru will be fighting. Come on, let the guy have one friend that doesn't suck

-- Hmm... So something/someone's keeping Maya from seeing Wataru? I wonder what Wataru would be like had Maya been there to raise him. ^_^

No love for the eldest son... typical...
ArcaneMagus_JCC
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Ren / Go-on Blue
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by ArcaneMagus_JCC »

Spoiler
Yeah, that made me feel good. Taiga's such an awesome friend. It kind of makes me groan to realize that someday he and Wataru will be fighting. Come on, let the guy have one friend that doesn't suck

-- Same here. At first, I thought Taiga would go nuts after finding it out, but he just offered a handshake to Wataru. So I guess he's thinking, "May the best man wins." (Or probably, "No use fighting over Mio w/ Wataru. I'm King and she's Queen so we'll end up together no matter what happens!" LOL!)
Arms Monsters ^_^

Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I think he just assumed that Wataru was no real threat to him.
Aoiblue
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Trick
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gransazer

Post by Aoiblue »

lol, that was so random
Spoiler
that sword came out of nowhere
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Spoiler
Well the ending (and if that was not enough, The official episode description on the Kiva Website) Confirms 100% that Maya is Wataru's Mother, and we already know Otoya is is Father.

Im guessing Maya was stripped of her powers by '86's King for getting knocked up by a Human, he probably also took her eye out as punishment.

And when Wataru transformed into his Dragon form, Jirou said that "Kiva is Awakening again".
Maybe the Dragon is Kiva's True form?
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Spoiler
- Right... Shima-san totally rocks as a boss... Giving away the IXA system to some lunatic...
- I seriously pity the girl who's being modified into a 'super-Fangire'.
- Maya sucks the life from Otoya!
- YEAH! 5 thumbs up for Wataru, finally garnering enough courage to confess!
- Taiga's bike looks cool!
- A cobra with six wings? Now that's just weird...
- Hmm, sword randomly appearing... More power ups?
- A monster/avatar that is of a dragon-eagle cross... now that's just another weird monster...
blackv8
Adventure
Favorite series: Kikaida
Dreamy: Jennifer Connelly

Post by blackv8 »

Wheels within wheels...

Spoiler
So Kiva has another form; will he need to play the violin each time to transform into it?

At first I thought that giant snake-Quetzocoatl thing might be a transformed Sagark (and made me wonder what Kivat might be able to do); my mistake.

"I like Mio too" seems pretty ambiguous to me as far as big reveals go- possibly Taiga just thinks Wataru means "..as a friend"? Not understanding Japanese, I couldn't really say.

It occurs to me that Wataru is dangerously incurious about his powers. All along I was assuming that he knew a lot more than we do (he is already killing fangire before the series starts), but when Jirou shows up, he neither knows him nor recognizes the very power he has been using in battles. So this dragon castle flies up during his battles and he doesn't know anything about it? That's kind of lame. Since Kiva hasn't spoken five full minutes of diologue in the series (in costume), I've just assumed he had some kind of mystical unspoken communion with the residents of Castle Doran. Apparently not. Apart from that not making sense, I thought it was cool that we finally saw Jirou being an advisor to Wataru just as he previously had to Nago.

The sequence with the sword in the wall was kind of cool. Anyone want to bet against there being at least one more new form for Kiva to take? Will Wataru actually visit the castle?

Otoya & Yuri. Otoya & Maya. Wataru & Taiga. Wataru & Mio. Taiga & Mio. Yuri & Jirou. Nago & Maya. Wataru & Kengo. Shima & anyone he ever hired. Apparently the moral of this story is love and friendship are bad and you should run from them!

Wow- I thought Otoya looked bad last week! At least we know it's part of the story. He needs to survive long enough to become a father though!

So is Megumi half wolf?

If Kiva is just waking up, I guess that "wake up fever" is less effective than my lousy alarm clock! Does that mean he will become "dark kiva"? Will he kill humans (or at least turn them into transparent Photoshop filters versions of themselves)?

Even though they have made her look so bad, I am hoping for more Maya in the present story. She holds a lot of answers (presumably).

Interesting episode- only mildly annoying in places.

P.S.- I put my post in spoiler hidden text because everybody seems to be doing so, but does anybody really read this forum before they watch the episode being discussed? If so, why?
Last edited by blackv8 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheRamenBandit
Mega
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: GAR FOR BISHOP!
Favorite Band: AAA

Post by TheRamenBandit »

Spoiler
WAKE UP! Wataru Wyvern Form!
Taiga: Wow Wataru, your bike doesn't look suspicious at all to make me think that you're Kiva

Taiga: Wow, Kiva is around, but where the hell is Wataru?

Taiga: Even though I know where the facility is, Wataru somehow knew where Mio was before I do

Rikki: Sword.... stone..... wall.... what do now?

have to admit, I did see a significant difference between Zombie Otoya and Normal Otoya
CLICK ME!
According to the "TV-Nihon girls," i'm a prick
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

Spoiler
I thought the Bloody Rose was gonna fix itself with magic, I completely forgot Wataru made/fixed violins.

Are we ever gonna see Castle Doran in 2008 again?

Wataru: Who are you?
Jirou: Friend of your father, I've come to tell you need prayer and to lighten grip on Garuru Sabre's handle. You're hurting me.
IanPro
Kamen Knight
Favorite Band: High n' Mighty Color

Post by IanPro »

Spoiler
This was one interestin ep...Kengo gettin IXA, Waturu growing sum balls, zombie Otoya, a giant flying snake and of course another new form.

Is it just me or did any1 else notice how wen Waturu henshins and turns into glass he doesnt mold into kiva anymore before doing that shattering thing.
I just find it funny how in kamen rider when ever theres sum type of sci-fi research lab type place alot of the time the equipment looks like sumthing out of the 70's. ie the fangire energy transferer thing consisting of a metal box, a lever and chains.
I guess most of the budget goes into the suits and CGI.
I can dance too!
TheRamenBandit
Mega
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: GAR FOR BISHOP!
Favorite Band: AAA

Post by TheRamenBandit »

Spoiler
funny how Jirou only talks to Wataru, then again, Jirou was the only one who talked to Kurenai as well

and how does Wataru not know who his own Arms Master are...
CLICK ME!
According to the "TV-Nihon girls," i'm a prick
blackv8
Adventure
Favorite series: Kikaida
Dreamy: Jennifer Connelly

Post by blackv8 »

Spoiler
IanPro wrote:
Spoiler
I just find it funny how in kamen rider when ever theres sum type of sci-fi research lab type place alot of the time the equipment looks like sumthing out of the 70's. ie the fangire energy transferer thing consisting of a metal box, a lever and chains.
I guess most of the budget goes into the suits and CGI.
Spoiler

Think the original Frankenstein- more like the 1930s. Or in Japan, Godzilla in the 1950s.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Wow...vengeance is a scary thing, especially coming from Kengo. His is way out of control. O.o;

What type of animal did Kiva turn into? It looked like a dragon to me. But was it a bat? Or half of each?

Ah, so Taiga and Wataru are half-brothers.

I am starting to think Megumi come from a normal father, one that married another woman, after Yuri's death, which would explain how Megumi have other family members. Hmm, dunno.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai

Return to “Kamen Rider Kiva”