< The Next | Kiva | Decade >
christopherjohn
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Prop making

Re: Kiva the series as a whole

Post by christopherjohn »

Thought the show was great.

Only plot hole which didn't matter was the Arm monsters being out while they supposedly were encasing the power of the Zanbat sword. I also like the idea of them not being trapped into castle doran. Yes they make it seem like they are earlier in the series. But them going into the castle to control it. Also my theory is since there isn't a king on the throne for that time thats why the castle goes nuts. So when Wataru sits on the throne and declares himself king the arm monsters are free to leave. They don't because they still haven't fullfilled their pact with Otoya. Also I knew he was gonna be king the moment he got the Zanbat sword.

The moment you found out that Megumi wasn't Otoya's daughter you didn't need to go into Yuri's death. It didn't serve to the plot because you know Yuri was gonna live past Otoya's death and past the end of the series. She had to give birth to two kids. All you needed to know is that she was dead not the hows.

As for the Henshin devices its simple. They are organic that means they knocked boots with with anther one or they are asexual and just self reproduce. You don't need to know how they are made.

Wataru's son shows up at the end. You don't need a build up to who his mother is. Again that would go into anther plot then you need more episodes for anther romance all done in flashbacks as he explains it. Not needed it was a reason to throw Otoya's actor in at the end and let him be Kiva.
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Re: Kiva the series as a whole

Post by Glutinus »

Just finished Kiva, nearly in the end of Wizard too. Finished OOO before summer 2013 I guess, and some Sentai shows too.

Here's the overall

The good parts :
- The 1986 / 2008 parts make the story with a good rythm. At any moment you begin to find the episode a bit long you are transfering to the other part. Seeing everything developing in both sequences is a real pleasure.

- IXA fight : I can count 7 different people try to get IXA (4 in 1986, 3 in 2008). Trying to get IXA is a quest that I found very amusing, and more when it gets more and more powerful.

- Wataru's evolution : spectators somehow complain about character development. In here, we begin with a shy and even OCD boy to turn to a boy with more and more confidence (from rock and roll to love) and finally a complete badass who wants to reign. Waouh.

- The third party : in the three KR shows I watched, there is always the good party, the villain party, and a third party that remains a bit mysterious
Spoiler
Kougami foundation, Dr Maki in OOO ; Wiseman, White Magician in Wizard
. Here we do not really have the main purpose of Aozora. And even Taiga might be nice though he wants the Fangire. I finally like the way it finished.

The bad parts :

- Fangire : I find them awful. I cannot say much.

- Lieutenants and chief : Well, I really disliked Rook, Bishop and even Maya. King : Baaah, so much bad head, not charismatic at all.

- KRIXa and women : trying desesperatly to be a Rider, just get it for a few moments. I feel so sorry for them.

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.

Return to “Kamen Rider Kiva”