< The Next | Kiva | Decade >
zeldAIS
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: 音楽とか妖怪のテマ
2nd Favorite Series: スーパー戦隊シリーズ
Dreamy: 松岡茉優Queen
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 漫画,音楽,ドラマ,映画
Quote: "The fan translations community must be helping & understanding each other."
"Quality fan translations take quality time."
Type: INFP Healer

Kamen Rider Kiva Director's Cut

Post by zeldAIS »

Wiki
Theatrical Cut Thread

Darn, this is probably the Director's Cut Rider movie I've watched so far that has many many new scenes. The most notable for the movie are the sidestories of heart to heart talks between mother and daughter which were not in the original theatrical release. This really is the rider series that concentrate more on family matters (Magiranger Rider?) and of course, music - which I'm very spoiled to :P

The fact that this is my first Kamen Rider series that I fully worked, I kinda upgraded the custom fonts I made for this director's cut. It was guesswork mostly for the symbol of Ixa especially but finally found a good base picture to use.

Hope you have fun watching this as much as I had fun working on this. Don't worry, I don't think this is the last of the 'the-vampire-rider-but-not-really-series" as we got more stuffs ongoing at the moment :3

And here's to hope that there will be a sequel movie or something for the Neo-Fangire arc :P

yoroshiku onegaiitashimasu *bows deeply*
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Kamen Rider Kiva Director's Cut

Post by Phoenix512 »

For once, I actually had both versions to compare each other unlike other DCs in the past.

Some of the more interesting things were Yuri basically being a bitch to Megumi when they first met especially when Yuri threw the glass of water at Megumi. The explanation of the time door was a nice touch. I like some of the scene placement in the DC version like how they show Wataru returning back to the present immediately after he disappeared from the present and then cutting back to the past. That cut would be better as the audience would wonder why Wataru fail in the past instead of knowing that he already fail in the past.

Some of the other cuts involved Megumi freaking on the Master for supposely calling her useless, Nago fumbling with his button necklace, and a few extended scenes. Too bad that the Wataru/Otoya and Yuri/Megumi scenes were cut out as they were great scenes except for the bath scene where Kivat was being a censor.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I was surprised by the cuts which basically removed the Yuri/Megumi story entirely

I also remember the gay bath scene that was spread around, but wasn't included in the theater cut
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

Very weird, about an hour ago maybe a bit more I decided to randomly look at the Kiva board for no reason(except I was bored) then within a hour you announce the Movie DC has been subbed.

Weird.
flying turtle
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Seto Kouji
Favorite Band: KAT-TUN
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: yaoi <3

Post by flying turtle »

takenoko wrote:I also remember the gay bath scene that was spread around, but wasn't included in the theater cut
Oooooooh, gay bath scene!!! This is what I've been waiting for!! *coughs* Uhm...I mean clean family bonding, yeah :lol:

Thanks for subbing as usual!
Aoiblue
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Trick
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gransazer

Post by Aoiblue »

Oh yea, this movie was better then the theater version.
Yay for more scenes!~
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Nice DC!
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

It certainly was more interesting than the theater version and adding those Yuri & Megumi scenes really helped so the pace of the movie down so it didn't feel as rushed as it did before.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Wataru wearing a dress didn't seem so random since there was more buildup with the deleted scenes.
Chabii-
Mega
My boom: Tenimyu

Post by Chabii- »

I only finished the first half of the movie, and all I could say is:

Damn it, Otoya. No wonder that bath scene was only for Director's Cut. Thank goodness Kivat saved the day.
Hen... shin... TOH!
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

Defense! Defense! Defense!

DC version is quite fantastic, and the new scenes certainly add more depth to the movie.
Ditto-chan
Gao

Post by Ditto-chan »

I hardly stop laughing....spoiler]the way Kivat covers Otoya's butt... :lol:[/spoiler]
Warrior of Zarona wrote:Defense! Defense! Defense!
Hahaha! Indeed a defense... :lol:

Removed frivolous spoiler tag
-take
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

wow Yaoi fans must have loved the bath scene XD. Kivat is hillarious Defense Defense Defense! LMAO

best directors cut ive seen. New scenes help the transition of some parts nicely since the original version seems to lack alot of that and was really short. Shame there wasnt a moment where Otoya talked to the arms monsters, since he talked to everyone else he knew in the past like Master and Shima.

Oh yea Arc using a giant Lance was cool too.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I've been watching a lot of Kamen Rider since Kiva ended, and watching the DC version of the movie gave me a chance to remember just how much I enjoyed the entire series. The movie still isn't one of my favorites, but this cut was much better than the theatrical release. The Aso subplot was executed really well - shame it was originally cut. And hey, we finally got an explanation for Megumi's big appetite that got so much screen time in the beginning of the series - it's to cover her insecurities! I'd be feeling pretty insecure if my mom threw a glass of water in my face, too.

It seems to be the most talked about scene in the movie, but Kivat's Defense - that was really something.

I love all of Kiva's music, but the Circle of Life instrumental never fails to give me goosebumps.

I didn't watch Den-O until a few months after Kiva ended, so I really enjoyed all of the cameos now that I could spot them. The only one I picked up on the first time through was Momo's.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

ahh thanks guys. Makes me remember how much i really did enjoy kiva.

Return to “Kamen Rider Kiva”