Anyone else think that KIva is vastly underrated?

They changed the name cause Horse
Orphenoch was threatening to sue
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< The Next | Kiva | Decade >
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Re: Anyone else think that KIva is vastly underrated?

Post by ShadowX7 »

Sexy_RoboVoice wrote:well, chasing after one person, but then falling for another is rather realistic depending on the situation. I mean, if you're dealing with unrequited love, its only natural that a person would ultimately give up on someone and move on to someone else.
IIRC, It's not like Otoya gave up on chasing Yuri because she didn't love him
Otoya DID manage to make Yuri fall in love in him, but Otoya chose Maya in the end
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

ShadowX7 wrote:
Sexy_RoboVoice wrote:well, chasing after one person, but then falling for another is rather realistic depending on the situation. I mean, if you're dealing with unrequited love, its only natural that a person would ultimately give up on someone and move on to someone else.
IIRC, It's not like Otoya gave up on chasing Yuri because she didn't love him
Otoya DID manage to make Yuri fall in love in him, but Otoya chose Maya in the end
I love how that played out. We knew for awhile who's Kiva's parents would be, but this is better then they fell in love, or he chased her and won. Otoya did love Yuri, and that shows when he says good-bye to her. But it is like the red string, your destined to be with that person who's tied to the other end no matter how you try to change fate. Maya tried to give up Otoya because her role as a queen, and realizing Yuri/Otoya's feelings. Otoya tried to be happy with Yuri.

In my opinion neither won with Otoya. Sure Maya had Otoya's son, but they both lost him in the end.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Otoya was too badass to be tied down. That think about Dark Kivas power killing him? Rubbish. His body would rather cease function than be tied down to one single woman.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Catastrophe wrote:Otoya was too badass to be tied down. That think about Dark Kivas power killing him? Rubbish. His body would rather cease function than be tied down to one single woman.
Shoot, if Otoya lived, he would have found a way and had both. XD He would have found a way to make the woman agree.

Dark Kiva's power: Reminding us how deadly a rider suit can be.
ShadowX7
NagoSan

Post by ShadowX7 »

DrowningFishy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Otoya was too badass to be tied down. That think about Dark Kivas power killing him? Rubbish. His body would rather cease function than be tied down to one single woman.
Shoot, if Otoya lived, he would have found a way and had both. XD He would have found a way to make the woman agree.

Dark Kiva's power: Reminding us how deadly a rider suit can be.
I LOLed at Catastrophe's post, because it made so much sense
I'm rewatching Kiva's series right now and Otoya did said the 2 things he hated the most was people getting engaged and men who defy him
Otoya killed the King because he defied him, and killed himself because he himself is going to get engaged with Maya if he kept on living XD

If Otoya had lived, we would have a new series where he lived with his ever growing harem of women (and at least 1 man) with love antics between him and his harem like a love comedy anime XD
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

In a sick twist of fate, he ended up opposing his own morales and thus ended up opposing him self, thus causing his body to terminate in self defence.

To be honest, I didn't really care for Wataru. If the whole season was about Otoya I would have still enjoyed it.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Catastrophe wrote: To be honest, I didn't really care for Wataru. If the whole season was about Otoya I would have still enjoyed it.
Otoya was more interesting I will admitt that. In the begining (unless your very thick headed) we were given a big spoiler. Hardest thing about Kiva (besides said plot holes) is knowing from the begining Otoya's fate. For awhile there I thought wolf-boy would have had the honors. I don't blame going agiast his ideals for killing him, I blame his choice in prevention. I blame Wataru for Otoya's death.

SEE HAVING A KID WILL KILL YA!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

DrowningFishy wrote:We knew for awhile who's Kiva's parents would be,
How much of "awhile" do ya mean? Because, for a long bit in the show, we only knew of Otoya being Wataru's dad.
ShadowX7
NagoSan

Post by ShadowX7 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
DrowningFishy wrote:We knew for awhile who's Kiva's parents would be,
How much of "awhile" do ya mean? Because, for a long bit in the show, we only knew of Otoya being Wataru's dad.
Well, if you think about it, Yuri can't be Wataru's mother, since she's a human and IF she is Wataru's mother, then what about Megumi?
Surely they won't make a plot about Megumi being Wataru's sister of a different father, this is a kid's show after all...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Tagia is his brother from another father. Don't see how that is much different.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Catastrophe wrote:Tagia is his brother from another father. Don't see how that is much different.
You cannot forget the fact the Queen was with the King at the time she started her romance with Otoya.
ShadowX7
NagoSan

Post by ShadowX7 »

DrowningFishy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Tagia is his brother from another father. Don't see how that is much different.
You cannot forget the fact the Queen was with the King at the time she started her romance with Otoya.
... It's okay since they're monsters?
And they're portraying the King as an antagonist, so maybe it's okay for him to lose to Otoya in romance?
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

[quote="ShadowX7You cannot forget the fact the Queen was with the King at the time she started her romance with Otoya.[/quote]
... It's okay since they're monsters?
And they're portraying the King as an antagonist, so maybe it's okay for him to lose to Otoya in romance?[/quote]

Touche, but even though there "monsters" they believe in marrige. If you believe in marriage it is still adultery (sp). Adultery still equals mommy's cheating on daddy. Though we do know why she didn't leave, it wasn't because she was being a bad person. She had to stay for her son till ding-dong the bastard was finially dead.

BUT god it bugs me that Yuri had two kids, and older boy, and a younger daughter. HOW, please tell me HOW that works out. Note the time line this took place look at the few years till present. Seriously I am shocked they can count the metals.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I suppose its true, bot Queen never really loved him, and King didn't love her, he was more pissed off that she actually loved a human (remembering, it was the Queens Job to execute fangires that fell in love with humans).
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Catastrophe wrote:I suppose its true, bot Queen never really loved him, and King didn't love her, he was more pissed off that she actually loved a human (remembering, it was the Queens Job to execute fangires that fell in love with humans).
Love has zero to do with marrige, accidents though have a lot to due with many marriges. :lol: This just goes to show you it is best just tell the kid some lame excuse. Like the stork, or oh they wern't really married, well I was going to make an excuse for wolf boy, and Mr. creepy laugh puppet hands but I can't think of one.

Return to “Kamen Rider Kiva”